An Independent Goodbye

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by mbaxter, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Over the last two weeks, the Bukkit community has experienced some of the most substantial changes to the project since its inception. Multiple members of the staff, for various reasons, have chosen to resign. These staff are listed below, with links to their goodbye posts. Users on multiple teams are placed into just one by preference.

The Bukkit Administrators
    lukegb
    EvilSeph - Honorable mention: Removed without chance to say goodbye
    mbaxter
    TnT [tnt]

The Bukkit Team
    Amaranth
    evilmidget38
    feildmaster

The Bukkit Pull-Request Handlers/Bleeding
    EdGruberman
    t00thpick1
    turt2live

The Bukkit Forum Moderators
    Iroh
    Jade
    JaguarJo

The BukkitDev Staff
    Bionicrm
    CaptainBern
    CeramicTitan
    chaseoes
    Dabo
    deathmarine
    drtshock
    DSH105
    evilmidget38
    fromgate
    Gravity
    Hoolean
    inventorman101
    lDucks
    lol768
    Lolmewn
    MistPhizzle
    mncat77
    NodinChan
    Rogue
    slipcor
    sofar
    ZeusAllMighty11

2. ArsenArsen You'd have to ask Mojang, they're basically the only ones that can make thing happen now. Doesn't look promising, though, does it? Mojang did release some misinformation the other day if you'd like to give that a read.

justcool393 likes this.
  3. Offline

练习册

好感动。
    Thanks for Bukkit . I love you Forever

4. Offline

PingPongBall52

I'm sorry to see all these amazing people leave. :'(
    [diamond]'s for them.

5. Offline

Quantum64

Really

6. Offline

blackhawk185

Thanks again for all you've done, guys. Good luck with your lives.

7. Offline

grid21

Are you serious?

8. grid21 Go look at it, it hasn't changed for a while.

9. Offline

SimSonic

Thanks to all you. If not your work I woudn't learn Java and make my plugins and even run a server.
    Bukkit was a great place.
    I hope it isn't the end really and there are good and encouraging news will wait for us.

10. Offline

grid21

So if that's the case, then why all of a sudden is everyone freaking out? And why is Bukkit freaking out? And what is with all this non-sense flying around the Minecraft community?!?! O_O

11. grid21 Strictly in regards to the EULA, it was merely because Mojang were talking about it as if they were going to start enforcing it.

Reddeh and millenium200 like this.
  12. Offline

SweetHABIT

It sucks that so many of you are leaving.
    But thanks for the great service through the last few years!
    I wouldn't have been able to run my server without you guys ^-^

13. Offline

Gideonsw

It sickens me that some people are spamming the forums with advertising for there new server software. I deeply hope the servers won't be sorted in different server software.

But it's sad that I've been using Bukkit for about 2 years now, and I always enjoyed it, the endless possibilities and such. Mojang, Bukkit, Spigot, I DON'T KNOW WHO! But make your faults right! You've have been working on this stuff for about 3.5 years now, you really want to throw it in the trash can and start all over? Come on Bukkit, keep fighting and you might survive this fight! But wait, who is the lead developer of Bukkit now? Or the "Boss" of the website?

fromgate likes this.
  14. Offline

SeeD419

Thanks for all your hard work, mbaxter. (seed419/alureon)

15. Offline

Yodac

This is almost as sad as Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who....

Good bye Devs! Thank you for your hard work!

feildmaster and fromgate like this.
  16. Offline

mineshafter2202

Thanks for all your work with the Bukkit Project, its been fun! I'm sad to see you all go, but I hope you have fun in whatever you decide to do next! :)

feildmaster likes this.
  17. Offline

nicholasl

It's sad to see licencing laws that were there to protect rights cause so much damage. I hope this is not the end of Bukkit. So many great devs, Thanks for all your hard work.

feildmaster likes this.
  18. Offline

harleyknd1

People are over-reacting, the eula change was in place to stop the insane "pay 300 bucks for 4 dirt blocks" kind of stuff, nothing changed in regards to how servers are allowed to run, bukkit etc. mojang has just allowed bukkit to continue as it is w/o closing it down.

now that evilseph retired (that dude is probably just exhausted) people are going all over the place starting rumor mill's everywhere...

in short, if seph staid, nothing changed and bukkit would update to 1.8 as normal, he left and now everyone is blaming everyone.

AlarielEisfalke likes this.
  19. Offline

feildmaster

justcool393 likes this.
  20. Offline

KampalusCodet

Bye bye guys. It has been a great experience with you. We all wish you a lot of fun and luck for the future.

feildmaster likes this.
  21. Offline

dooferorg

I only recently found Bukkit, but thank you to all those that made it what it is. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

feildmaster likes this.
  22. Offline

miahpow

is it true that bukkit is shutting down?

23. Offline

Plo124

u rly wanna let this 1 dev destroy the project?

24. Plo124 In the words of EvilSeph himself "the project was already dead".

slipcor, Kigen and Reddeh like this.
  25. Offline

cartman-2000

It's a bit sad to see the end of the project.

I've been running a server since the hmod days, and went through the hole thing when hmod stopped updating, and had to transfer the server over to bukkit(Within the first couple weeks of bukkit being out.), looks like I may have to go through that process again to keep the server running.

26. Offline

ArsenArsen

Well, Agreed. ~~ bump more than ever ~~

27. A huge goodbye to you mbaxter and Gravity. Gravity I loved your updater used in my plugin thanks for it and everything else you did at Bukkit.

Gravity and mbaxter like this.
  28. Offline

Phoenix616

Yes.

29. Offline

Reddeh

Sad...
    However, we must move on. It would be worse to mourn those who've quit without making progress than to say goodbye and go on through future struggles.
    Sad to see you go though.

30. Offline

kshade

Welp, there goes pretty much everyone. Understandably, of course. Hope all of you talented, awesome people find something more fulfilling.

31. Offline

whiteknightz28

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.