Solved Alternative to TagAPI

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BungeeTheCookie, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

With TagAPI, the skin now no longer shows [according to mbaxter] if you change the name tag color. Is this also true with NametagEditAPI? I don't know what to use, I heard Nametag allowed you to go over the character limit of 16 [but it puts prefixes and suffixes in.] Which one is more convenient?

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Just use the Scoreboard API built into bukkit if you just want to change the color of a user's name. :)

3. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Does it work over their heads? If so, why was TagAPI invented? And if so, how do you do it. I am familiar with the scoreboard API, I just don't know how to set a scoreboard over a person's head [and I don't want to override other scoreboards I have] mbaxter

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

BungeeTheCookie TagAPI was created to let you change the name over someone's head. It came out before Scoreboards existed and still has a purpose now because the Scoreboard system only lets you add a prefix or suffix, not change the name entirely.

5. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Yes, but I do not want to add a prefix or a suffix, just color a name [and if I use TagAPI, the skin doens't show.]

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

7. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

I feel stupid. So how can you do this by scoreboard means?

8. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

One Team per color. Give each team a prefix of just the color. Put player on team. Blammo! Instant color.

AoH_Ruthless likes this.
  9. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Why didn't I learn this last week? [I created my own Team class, waste of time ;)]

10. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

BungeeTheCookie
    Well, looking at the bright side, at least you learned it before next week :D

11. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Wow.
    I am making about one minigame a week, and I was about to do the same thing. Thank God I learned it before next week.

12. Offline

JoeyDevs

Nametagedit is a good alternative for TagAPI

13. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Would I have to use getMainScoreboard() or getNewScoreboard()? I am going to create a custom scoreboard for the sidebar [I haven't done it yet, going to] but will it screw it up if I create a Team? mbaxter AoH_Ruthless

14. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

BungeeTheCookie
    You would create a new scoreboard. The main scoreboard is the default scoreboard (i.e nothing)

15. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Oh, so you can have multiple scoreboards??

16. Offline

viper_monster

17. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You only need one board (can use main but I suggest making one new instance). Bit if doing per player colors you may need one per player or at least one per group seeing differently

18. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

mbaxter viper_monster
    No, I have red and blue teams - and I have a scoreboard that displays all of the information [shown to all players] and another one that colors the name tags [red and blue team.] Will this work?

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

A player can only see one scoreboard. Put it all in one board

viper_monster likes this.
  20. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Alright, thanks!!!

mbaxter
    One more thing, if you will be changing the scores on a scoreboard, will you have to register a new objective or just have different scores and leave the other scores unused [not have setScore(10)] for the unused ones... thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  21. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

If you want to swap out values and keep them for later you could just have two objectives and switch them, rather than store in plugin and redo each time

22. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

How can you switch objectives?

23. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Set the display slot. One objective per slot, so setting to an in use slot will swap

24. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.