Allow inf health in one world, and damage in another?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by oxguy3, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

oxguy3

My server has two worlds, a survival and a creative. In the creative world, I want all damage off. In the survival world, I want all damage on. I have hostile mobs on in the survival world, but not in the creative (although admins can spawn them in both worlds). Through one way or another, I want people to be able to have infinite health in one world but not the other.

Originally, I thought I'd give everyone permission to use CommandBook's /god command when in the creative world, but I realized they could carry that over to the survival world. Is there a way I can force "/ungod <USERNAME>" to occur when they switch worlds? Or better yet, an easier way to manage this? Thanks!

P.S. I am on CraftBukkit build 863 with these plugins installed: http://oxperimental.webs.com/serverinfo.htm#753054842

2. Offline

Andre_9796

use multiverse's settings for this

3. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

Are you using permissions? If so, make the default group in one world have access to some type of god plugin and in the other world don't give them access to it.

4. Offline

oxguy3

@andre_9796 What part of their settings? Could you tell me what I need to change?

@DoomBunnyPwn I did do that, but the god plugin would carry over to the other world; i.e. one could do /god in the creative world, then still have it when they went to the survival world.

5. Offline

Andre_9796

mobs on in survival, mobs off in creative?

6. Offline

oxguy3

@DoomBunnyPwn Wait, I get what your saying now. It looks like this plugin, MultiGod, can do exactly what you suggested. Thanks everyone!

7. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

No problem!

8. Offline

Killburner

Since you run WorldGuard, you can adjust the player-damage values in /plugins/worldguard/world/<worldname>. That way you don't have to load an additional plugin.

9. Offline

oxguy3

Okay, MultiGod was wierd about permissions and config, so I just decided to disable PVP with WorldGuard in the creative world. It was the only kind of damage that I hadn't already disabled in WorldGuard, and I guess I don't really need it to be on. Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.