All the sudden CPU starts climbing, till crash..

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by fffizzz, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

fffizzz

[​IMG]
    Ubuntu Server 11.04 - 64bit
    Java 7 - 64bit

Its been great for weeks, now all the sudden about 20 mins after a restart, the cpu starts to climb, and its got to be a plugin but cant figure out which one it is.

[​IMG]

Was running 860, but thought i'd try 890, but this isnt the problem

Below is a list of all my plugins.
    Code:
    BlastControl.jar  dynmap.jar       InfChests.jar           MagicCarpet.jar  MultiInv_2.1.1.jar  MyWarp.jar     PerformanceTweaks.jar  SimpleSave.jar      WorldGuard.jar
    BorderGuard.jar   HeroChat.jar     LogBlock.jar            mcMMO.jar        MultiVerse.jar      NoCheat.jar    Permissions.jar        VanishNoPickup.jar
    CommandBook.jar   HeroicDeath.jar  LogBlockQuestioner.jar  Minequery.jar    MyHome.jar          NoWeather.jar  SignColours.jar        WorldEdit.jar

2. Offline

EvilSeph

There's a bug with JLine and running it in the foreground which we are looking into. You need to disable JLine by specifying -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal within your launch line, like so:

3. Offline

fffizzz

Ok, i'll give that a shot, thanks for the quick response.

Ok, again after about 30 mins, no increase in users, it happened again. %140.. started friday morning,, im gonna start with minimal to no plugins and narrow it down.

think i found the problem..
    @EvilSeph
    [​IMG]

Obviously a plugin is not closing threads properly...

Is there any debug info i can enable to help determine which plugin is causing this/?

Ok, so I found my problem plugin. mcMMO, gotta roll back if I can.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

Liger_XT5

I've been having the same problem last night, it kept mentioning Dynmap in the errors, so I was going to make a post today in dynmap's thread. I disabled dynmap for the time being last night and I saw my server crash again today. This time it mentioned Citizens. I'm at a loss.

I have the same issues, CPU spikes to 100% and errors showing Java Heap issues.
    I'm using Rtoolkit and it restarts my server after no heartbeats for a while. I'm assuming it's working because the server was up this morning and this afternoon when I checked it.

I'll try the command line mentioned earlier and see what happens.

5. Offline

mooman219

It is McMMO that is the cause. The author has a older build available on the thread. He is also looking into it right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.