All signs showing {"extra":[" after server migration from nitrado to selfhosted linux

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by randomUser1923, Dec 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

randomUser1923

I'm currently trying to revive an old server I once had hosted at Nitrado with a backup of it that I've downloaded back in time (v1.8) on a selfhosted linux machine. The whole server folder is 1:1 the same as it was in the cloud, but when starting it locally this occurred aswell. (I remember that this happened also 5 years ago and I didn't care much about it since there was no plan in leaving Nitrado, but now it's becoming a problem).
    Every line on all of the Signs in the world have changed, and are starting with the text {"extra":["

upload_2020-12-26_23-19-29.png

It looks like JSON and I somehow think it has to do with some encoding, but couldn't figure out yet what causes this. If you place a new sign, it will be shown correctly tho. It also happened that all paintings have dropped from the wall and lay around as items to pick up. Has anyone an idea where to start searching for the cause or what actually could cause this weird behavior?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.