[Advanced] Custom mob behavior

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by GreySwordz, Jun 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GreySwordz

Since you clicked on this, and I have [Advanced] in the title, I'm hoping you have experience. I have tried Jacek 's tutorials on custom mob AI, but haven't found any that work. What I'm asking is how to make it so that a hostile mob, when spawned with a command, acts somewhat like a wolf. It has to actively attack all of the mobs/players (especially players) around it, but not players from the same "group/faction" thing. I'm going to make my own implementation of factions, so this needs to be standalone. I haven't gotten into the guts of bukkit/minecraft server code before, so I'd like some code that I can read and learn from, as that's how I learned to use the Bukkit API.

tl;dr? I need to make custom mob. Attacks only specific people/mobs.

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Take a look at RemoteEntities.

3. Offline

Cybermaxke

4. Offline

GreySwordz

Lolmewn I've looked at RemoteEntities, but I'd really like to use pure, custom, NMS code instead of an API. Cybermaxke thank you, I'll look at the plugins and see if I can understand them.

5. Offline

SgtPunishment

Cybermaxke I had a look at your plugin (BetterMobs) and I noticed your better spider class extends the skeleton class... Wouldn't this cause issues or conflicts? and does it look like a skeleton or a spider?

6. Offline

afistofirony

SgtPunishment It shouldn't be an issue - extending just makes it inherit the methods from the skeleton class, so if you have method kill() in Skeleton, you can also use kill() for Spider instances.

7. Offline

Cybermaxke

8. Offline

SgtPunishment

Looking at your code Cybermaxke I honestly wouldn't know where to start with applying some of your code to my existing code without completely overhauling mine... and I don't even know where to start with mine lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.