Filled Advanced Class System! - Plugin Request

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by malikdbuseck, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Offline

malikdbuseck

The Idea:
    So I have this idea for a great RPG plugin. I think there has been a couple that have been made in the past not really sure. But the idea is a dynamic Class plugin. By this I mean if you choose say an Archer. It makes it so when you are in combat or a dungeon if there is a sword you can pick it up but you can't do damage with it. Same thing for other classes. Mages cant pick up any weapon/armor but sticks, and leather armor. All I would actually need is some way to make it a permission. So what ever you name your class would be the permission.
    Config:
    Enable: true
    all_worlds: true
    Classes:
    Archer:
    Main-Weapon: Bow
    Blocked_Weapons: iron_sword, Stone_Sword, Stone_axe
    or maybe have it set so it auto blocks everything until you specify in the Main Weapons]
    Usable_Armor: Leather
    Permission: Archer
    Permission Node:
    Dyn.class.Archer
    Commands:
    /Dynclass Reload
    So this plugin wouldn't really call for any commands really just everything would be set in the Config File. Maybe one command for like /Dynclass Reset. Or maybe you could have it so you setup the Class in game. So something like this.
    /dynclass make class Archer
    /dynclass Main Bow
    /dynclass Armor Leather
    /dynclass save
    Not sure if this is possible but I think it would be awesome idea! Please feel free to comment if you have any further questions, have any extra input, or need to me to test it on a server. Thanks! I have plenty more ideas if you can get this one done!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY BUKKIT FORUM!

bigd1212 likes this.
  2. Offline

bigd1212

sounds useful, i would love this for my server

3. Offline

Zethys

Yes it does.

4. Offline

malikdbuseck

Thanks! I know it would be a sweet plugin

5. Offline

Chaseg23

So help me understand. Players choose a class when they first join. Then, they're restricted from using any weapons from the ones in their class description? Just trying to get what the plugin does

6. Offline

malikdbuseck

Yes, so say the Player joins and chooses Archer as there class. From their that class has set values or code or whatever that say " Okay player's class is Archer they cant equip Iron, Gold, or Diamond. And cant do damage with anything but a Bow"

7. Offline

Chaseg23

Alright. That makes sense. I got a free night. I'll see what I can do!

8. Offline

malikdbuseck

Awesome! I can't imagine its a ton of code. But then Again..IDK im not a coder :p

9. Offline

Chaseg23

Alright, Progress report. The permissions idea proves to be impossible (if not, I have no clue how to do it). What I've done is created a system that will fundamentally work the same. All classes are created and edited through commands (Can be edited through config but can be messed up if not done right). Players join the classes with a /dynclass join command. The classes and their details (like armor and weapons) are saved to the config. When a player joins a class their UUID is saved to the config along with the class they belong to. The UUID implementation is a bit more pain but will prove helpful for 1.8. So, in the end, when a player is trying to use a weapon its gonna check the config rather than the permissions, but the result will be the same.

Done with almost all commands and am probably half way through what I need to do for checking a players class when using a weapon.

EDIT: Also, (what I assume to be a pretty important feature) do you want players to be easily able to change their classes on a whim without repercussions? How should this be handled? Should they be stuck to their originally picked class?

10. Offline

malikdbuseck

You are a god!

11. Offline

Chaseg23

Haha, if only. Also, check out my edit:

12. Offline

malikdbuseck

Once they pic it they cant change it, unless an admin lets them

13. Offline

Dapancakeanator

This is cool...

14. Offline

malikdbuseck

The idea?

Just shoot me the link when its all done! Thank again Friend!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  15. Offline

Chaseg23

Will do. I'm gonna be gone for a couple hours but I should be done sometime today

16. Offline

malikdbuseck

No worries mate!

Heres some other plugin suggestions I made, if your feeling saucy. They are decent. But may take alot more time
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/dynamic-auction-chests-plugin.293723/
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/party-loots-plugin.293718/#post-2677079

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  17. Offline

Chaseg23

Oh wow, those are both awesome ideas... I like your creativity. The chest one is especially awesome. The hologram junk makes it a pain but not impossible. And the party one could be impossible.... but, a cool idea nonetheless. I'm gonna be on a plane all day tomorrow but Ill take a look at the chest one. Anyways, I just got back home and I'm just about done with the plugin. The class weapons work like a charm but the armor checking is causing a bug that's being a pain. Just give me a bit haha

18. Offline

WhyHaveALife

Why don't you just use Heroes for this? It does everything you need it to

19. Offline

Chaseg23

Well he could, but heroes also adds a huge aspect that I don't think he wants. Besides, I finished my plugin, so I guess he can choose

WhyHaveALife likes this.
  20. Offline

WhyHaveALife

I was thinking that after I posted. Heroes does add a ridiculous amount of content to the game that makes it hard to use with other plugins.

21. Offline

Aronix12

GGCItemControl does exactly the same thing (Granted with A LOT more time necessary to configure) all you do is give them individual permissions saying "no iron sword" etc. although the koolio thing about this is that it can give extra access to breeding anvils type of block they can craft and break!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ggcitemcontrol/

22. Offline

Chaseg23

Actually, this is a bit more what he wanted than what I have. He was originally looking for permissions and this uses them. I guess its his choice on what he wants to use. I'm sure permissions will be easier to configure than specific classes for each one (unless he really wants the classes).

23. Offline

malikdbuseck

Great! If you could get the chest one working that would be amazing!