Advanced animations - Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by J3H1, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

J3H1

I'm just intrested if this is generally possible/if some has an idea of how to do this.

I assume everyone knows those fancy blender animations like

I've also seen some ingame animations made using armorstands:

Now would love to create some epic armorstand fights in blender and have some way of exporting the animation to play them inside MC. Just imagine animations of 30 Armorstands having a fight, or dancing arround and stuff, simply created in Blender.

Does anyone know stuff about how Blender files or file formats that Blender can export are structured and if there are some libarys for Java for those files?

I obviously have no idea about how this could be accomplished but I think it would be amazing. I hope you like the idea aswell and can share some thoughts about how this might be accomplished.

2. Offline

omenroman

@J3H1 This is only animation, not game.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@omenroman
    That is in no way helpful to this conversation. He's asking how to create something/ if there already is something that will read blender files.

@J3H1
    A plugin that can read blender files and play animations does not currently exist, and it will take a lot of effort in order to create a plugin like that. If you want to know how a blender file is structured, you may want to use google to find blenders docs.

4. Offline

mcdorli

Blender hanfles animation by as far as I know, by having multille meshes for every model at different time frames, and the interpolatibg between them, for minecraff you probably need skeletonal animation for this, like with a COLLADA file. Btw.: those animatioms are probably made with 3ds max or maya or with a mix.

I could btw make this, but it would took a lot of time. I probably would need to use my own filetype and a tool to create them probably. And I don't feel like creating an interface abd a renderer using opengl just for this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.