[ADMN/WEB] OKB3 - Bulletin Board Bridge - Now on BukkitDev! [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kalman Olah, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Kalman Olah

2. Offline

dark navi

Could you please update this to work with BukkitPermissions?

3. Offline

seriosbrad

Requesting this as well. Some new plugins are BukkitPermissions only

dark navi likes this.
  4. Offline

Chrisspitz

Hello againnnnn, new problem once again, a strange one. I was having no issues and the server log was fine until now.
    I noticed when I woke up this morning that someone had gotten into the server that wasn't whitelisted (non registered user), so I looked at the server log and found this:

Code:
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:56:57 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:116)
    2011-08-02 00:57:05 [WARNING] [OKB3] Error at SQL Query: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 36,266 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 21,300 milliseconds ago.
    2011-08-02 00:57:05 [INFO] BritishChris lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream
    2011-08-02 00:57:05 [INFO] [StealthLogin] BritishChris logged out secretly!
    2011-08-02 00:57:05 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-08-02 00:57:18 [WARNING] [OKB3] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [INFO] BritishChris [/108.90.113.138:2385] logged in with entity id 972819 at ([world] -16.71875, 75.0, 60.46875)
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [WARNING] [OKB3] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [INFO] CraftPlayer{name=BritishChris} logged in with entity id972819
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [INFO] [StealthLogin] BritishChris logged in secretly!
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-68427"
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [SEVERE] 	at me.kalmanolah.okb3.OKRunnable.run(OKRunnable.java:81)
    2011-08-02 00:57:23 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-02 00:57:32 [INFO] [AuthMe] Player BritishChris logged in!
    2011-08-02 00:57:33 [WARNING] [OKB3] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.

I'm not sure if the java error before the OKB3 error's start is related, but if you continue through the server log "2011-08-02 00:57:33 [WARNING] [OKB3] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver." is shown a lot. I'm about to update OKB3 since im running 2.5.4, but I looked at your change log and it doesn't look like you had fixed anything like this. A server restart will probably fix my problem but I just don't want it to happen again. I should also note right before all these problems started one of the admins typed /list ..... which I have no idea how it would be possible for that cause any problems but anyways hope you can help.

5. Offline

Kalman Olah

PermissionsBukkit currently has no API for setting/removing groups. Until that's added it's impossible for me to add support. Once that API is added, I will add support as soon as I possibly can.

Fear not brave Chrisspitz! I have employed the help of the great Batman! Together we shall find the fiend responsible for your pain and suffering; and we will bring him to justice!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    seriosbrad likes this.
  6. Offline

jchamb2010

Code:
    8:57:32 [INFO] [OKB3] [BRIDGE] <playername>'s ranks synced.
    18:57:32 [INFO] [OKB3] Updated <playername>'s nickname to null.

Can you make it check for null nicknames and instead of setting them to "null" just not change them at all :p
    Some users don't have nicknames set on our forum and when they join everyone who hasn't set one's nickname is set to "null" Which makes the conversations VERY interesting.

Thanks,
    John

7. Offline

Kalman Olah

I'm like the Flash.

Version 2.5.15

• null, "null" and "" are now no longer accepted as nickname values.

Give 2.5.16 a shot. See if that works.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

UDK450

Alright, so I am part of a start-up server (one that is not yet released) and I was simply curious. We are going to use a phpBB3 forums for our server, and I was wondering what this plugin has over the Warrant plugin made by Ant59. They both appear similar in features, but what does this one have over the other?

9. Offline

Kalman Olah

As far as I know, Warrant does not have linked forum/server promotions and demotions, a linked rank changing command, linked bans with custom ban messages, and normal mode(In this mode you need to provide your username and password to sync your ranks). Our plugins are both equally awesometastic. I could be wrong about some of the things I said.

Simply put: Warrant = more optimized, OKB3 = more features. Both are great. Both myself and @Ant59 are amazing and deserve at least ten cookies. At least.

10. Offline

Chrisspitz

Lol alright, just updated i'll let you know if I have any problems

11. Offline

Siriuo

19:21:48 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling OKB3 v2.5.16 (Is it up to date?)
    : null
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
    at me.kalmanolah.okb3.OKDatabase.initialize(OKDatabase.java:34)
    at me.kalmanolah.okb3.OKmain.onEnable(OKmain.java:196)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

12. Offline

Kalman Olah

PHP:
    misc:

mysql-ping-interval'30'
    See if it works if you add that to your config.yml.
    If it doesn't, post your config.yml + server log.

13. Offline

sct

First of all I want to point out this plugin is -incredible- and I have been using it for over a month now flawlessly. Great job!

Ever since I upgraded to Essentials 2.5 though I have been noticing one change. I know that you fixed the message "<player> has left the game" if they were blacklisted, but I am still experiencing what I believe is a side effect of whatever is going on that the "left the game" message was showing up in the first place.

I use Essentials to determine if its a players first time joining, and if it is, spawn them in a certain location which was working great. Now though, when someone joins and is blacklisted it will say "welcome <player> to the server for the first time. <player> has left the game". When they do get white listed and rejoin, it instead spawns them at the second spawn because essentials assumes they have already joined once.

My questions is, did something change where it's actually letting the player join first before it determines if they should be whitelisted? If so, is there anyway to change this?

14. Offline

Kalman Olah

The way threading works I had to pick between letting the player join and kicking them if they're not whitelisted, or abandon threading and let my users deal with lag. If Essentials uses the join event instead of the login event to do all that you mentioned, I should be able to provide a fix by cancelling the event after a user is kicked. I'll release a "fix" tomorrow.

sct likes this.
  15. Offline

sct

You're the best. Cheers.

16. Offline

bocaj812

Maybe add an option in the config for threading/no-threading?

17. Offline

Kalman Olah

I may aswell make 2 plugins. Besides, without threading, lag would increase significantly, and bukkit would wait for my plugin to finish, meaning lag when the forum isn't hosted on the same server.

I've asked Batman for suggestions, since this issue applies to both of our plugins.

@sct
    @bocaj812

I and @Ant59 discussed MOTD/FirstSpawn plugins being incompatible with Warrant/OKB3. Our only options are to remove threading on login, or to simply not fix it. An answer will be given soon.

18. Offline

bocaj812

I say just not fix it, I much prefer no lag, and if anyone wants a good motd plugin, use motd built into commandbook, as far as first spawn goes, not much you can do about it. maybe talk to the developer?

Why do you refer to ant as batman?

19. Offline

Kalman Olah

He's the hero this town deserves.

20. Offline

bocaj812

But not the one the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

21. Offline

sct

I know this would probably be a huge pain but a dev build with the threading removed would be fine with me. I wasn't experiencing much lag pre-threading anyways. We have a large "first spawn" area that is a tutorial room and such, would be a pain to move it above ground.

Worst come to worst though, I'll do just that!

22. Offline

Oscarius

Can I update the forum rank of all members based on their permissions group?

EDIT: Also, is there a IRC channel for this plugin?

23. Offline

Kalman Olah

Sure, if you do it manually. OKB3 updates permissions groups of all members based on their forum ranks. OKB3 does have the /Frank command though. This lets you manually set a player's forum ranks.
    For the most part permissions groups are based off of forum ranks, not the other way around.

24. Offline

Oscarius

I am aware of the /Frank command, I was just hoping there was a /Frankall command so everyone in the perm-group "Builder" would get their forum rank changed to "Builder". I guess I'll just have to do it manually. Thanks, though!

25. Offline

bocaj812

irc.esper.net #okcoding

26. Offline

Kalman Olah

Wut

27. Offline

bocaj812

Irc channel... a lot of plugins have them... including okb3 :D

28. Offline

Kalman Olah

Good to know :eek: