[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Ive never used mcmyadmin, why wouldnt it be compatible?

3. Offline

asm0deus

well, it's their limitation. All big servers use mcmyadmin. the way you promote people to groups is /addmember (if you have synced superperms). however, /addmember but be typed in chat for some...godaweful reason, so if you do it via the console (as your plugin does...and should) it wont work.

4. Ah.. shame.

Massive update guys! Woohoo!!!

Ive added a web store for premium members, im not going to explain much, go check it out your selfs!

Example store: http://store.buycraft.net/example

My next project is to change how we handle paypal payments so ill look into recurring payments. he inventory is full them they just got to make sure it isn't

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  5. Offline

DDoS

I love this plugin, I use it on my server and event bought a webstore. Sadly I think you can't do much with the plugin. Could you add a function to get the position of the player when he buys a package? Or a function where you can force the player to do a special command? Please take a look into it. I would appreciate it.

6. I'm always adding new features and polishing to buy craft. Don't worry

7. Offline

DDoS

Thank you! :D
    Do you have a list of possible functions aside from {name}?

Also, some expiring commands require the player to be online, would it be possible to check if the player is online and if he isn't, report the expiring command to later?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  8. Ill look into adding this

Sorry I dont know what p3 is.
    Im going to add an "extra info" box for use on web stores
    I may actually think about changing the command to something else altogether.

P.S guys ill update to the latest RB as soon as I get home from school. (6 hours)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
  9. Offline

Suprem20

A few suggestions for this amazing plugin

- An area to write sidenotes about the package
    - Like DDoS said, better expiring commands
    - More functions like {name, position, etc...}
    - The ability for a user to set an automatic donation (monthly, weekly, etc...)

I was wondering, what happens when the player's inventory is full?

10. Offline

WildfireAJS

Oh believe me. I noticed that. The problem is that those other commands are simply aliases. The plugin itself binds to "/buy." In game, weather the help files specifies or not, you can always use "/buy," "/donate," or "/purchase."

VirtualShop also binds to /buy. So I've tried modifying the plugin.yml in VirtualShop.jar to change the commands from /buy & /sell to /vbuy and /vsell since I couldn't get the /buy command to change on BuyCraft either.

Any ideas?? I'm not familiar with Java compiling outside of the modifications I've learned to make in Minecraft plugins :\

11. Offline

BallsOS

I have people buying VIP on my server but when BuyCraft updates, it means any person with VIP expiring can keep it for a longer amount of time and I have to manually remove it. Is there a way we could make it so when I enable the plugin, it checks for VIP that needs to be taken away?

12. Offline

asm0deus

I tried 5 letters in the URL as required.. and it says it must be 5 or more.. :)

also,

Say you have a "Donation pack A". How do the buyers know what that is from the webstore? You can't really format the description. I guess we could put the info on our website with all the details. It's not a big deal, just if there something like

1. [package] [description] [price]
    instead of just [descroption] [price]

13. Offline

Kainzo

@lmc does this work with p3?

14. Offline

Snowfire

Great update - even better than expected!!!!

15. Thank you, glad you like it.

16. Offline

Kainzo

It's a nice plugin, a lot of work put into it :) thanks for sharing.

Our donation system really isnt supported since we offer levels of VIP that are cumulative - is there any possibility to add cumulative donations?

IE, donate $5 you get VIP1 Donate $10 you get VIP2, donate $20 and VIP3 - etc.

17. Just make three packages at different costs, e.g one package called VIP1 for £2 (Or whatever) and so on.

18. Offline

Kainzo

Some people start out at VIP2 - realize that they actually love the server and donate to VIP4 - its not a linear scaled package.

VIP2 for us is $10 and VIP4 for us is $40 ... since it is cumulative - They would only need to donate $30 to get from VIp2 to VIP4 - however, I dont see a method to do this in the manner that we have our VIP tiers setup.

I may just be missing something entirely.

19. Nah that isnt in buycraft, possible to look into though. I have a decent sized list at the moment what im working through.

20. Offline

asm0deus

Kainzo, just make it reoccuring costs...

VIP2 is 5 bucks a mont and VIP4 is 15 or something...
    at the end of the month (I do two weeks) they can resubscribe to the VIP4 tier package instead.

21. Offline

Kainzo

Ahh I see. I loved the setup of this - we just dont offer buying of items or coin =/'
    "packages" dont expire at the moment - maybe thats the problem? ;)

22. Thanks, and packages do expire.. theres an option for that.

23. Offline

Kainzo

Yeah definitely saw that - but at the moment "our" VIP perks dont expire - perhaps thats a design flaw.

24. This update over bukkitdev is going to kill the community so bad i foot even want to think about it

25. Offline

SweetRvnge

I keep getting this recurring error in my console whenever I go to claim my package.
    Code:
    12.10 01:50:52 [Server] SEVERE     at net.buycraft.api.calls.Claim.run(Claim.java:62)
    12.10 01:50:52 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getConsoleSender()Lorg/bukkit/command/ConsoleCommandSender;
    12.10 01:50:52 [Exception] Exception in thread "Thread-977"
    12.10 01:50:52 [Exception] Server exception, restarting if server doesn't respond
    I have the latest version of buycraft.jar

26. Offline

cjbh1996

So has anyone actually made a lot of money using this? I want to look into getting it but I don't have a PayPal account yet so I want an estimate on how much money the AVERAGE server makes

27. Offline

asm0deus

That's like asking how much microsoft makes because you want to sell software...
    It entirely depends on what you provide on your server and to how many people.
    I'll give you a range to help you out - you will make somewhere between zero and ten grand a month.

28. Over 850 pounds from 1300 accounts. work it out. i depends how cool your server is, noting to do with buycraft:)

Only working with 1240 at the moment. update coming soon

29. Offline

iBakedMuffinz

Hi, I am really interested in this plugin. However, it doesn't work with Permissions. Is there a way you can make it cope with that plugin? I am looking forward to adding this to my server and buying Premium! Hope you can help.

30. It works fine with permissions? thanks for the interest.

31. Offline

iBakedMuffinz

When I tried t
    Whenever I put it in my server, Permissions becomes disabled. However, when I take the plugin out, Permissions is enabled again. I don't call that "working with Permissions."