[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. I agree that the payment options are a bit limited, and they take a too big part out of the payment.

Anyone looked into paypals microtransactions, if that is a better alternative?
    https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com/

3. Offline

shinzoop1

wow i love this plugin tho not really much have donated to me, and since i dont have money for premium i cant implement all my ideas ;/ sadly there is no free version that lets u have a bit more stuff than three slots and no other features really. unless there is a way to unlock/get premium features without purchaseing? i doubt there is but it never hurts to ask i guess ;/

4. Offline

jorisk322

If you follow Buycraft on Twitter, they sometimes have little give-aways of one month premium, etc.

5. We release gateways depending on how popular they are, Payza is extremely un popular as we used to have it as an option. We'll be implementing more over the next few weeks.

6. Offline

AtlasMinecraft

I love the plugin and I have a feature suggestion for it. Many times while on my server I've wanted to check if a player has purchased a certain package, but I have to go to buycraft.net and look under payments. I think it would be really useful if I could run an in-game command that allows me to check if a player has purchased a certain package. Something like /buy check {playername} {packageID}. It could return a simple yes or no. Just something as simple as that would be awesome.

7. Offline

mikecyber

In the same vane as Require Package, is an option to Require Category planned?

8. No sorry.

9. *cough* Google wallet *cough* ;)

10. Offline

mikecyber

Do you have any suggestions for how I might offer a packages to only users who've purchased a membership of rank x, y, or z? I had planned on using a Category for memberships of various types and durations.

11. Offline

jorisk322

Can you explain to me why cumulative ranks don't work in your situation?

12. Offline

TheFluffey

How about username verification when using direct payment (Code in website)?

Also, will cumulative ranks work with direct pay?

13. Offline

mikecyber

My question doesn't have to do with the pricing of ranks, rather with making packages other than ranks available only to players that have purchased a rank (any rank in a Category). Can you explain to me how that might be accomplished?

14. Offline

jorisk322

Could you explain more clearly what you meant with the verification? I'm not sure about your second question, but I suppose that would work.

Hmm. That would indeed be hard to accomplish. You could put all of your different ranks in one package, using variables to let people choose a rank. If you do that, you can use the require-package feature that's already in Buycraft.

15. Offline

TheFluffey

Basically, I use a script to directly pay from my site, such as this one. http://play.minecustoms.com/buy.htm - It doesn't verify that a username has been on my server when entered, which could lead to users not getting their perks (If they enter them incorrectly). Could you please add this? Thanks!

16. Offline

jorisk322

Ah, I understand now. lmc develops Buycraft though, so it's up to him if it will be added.

17. Offline

CoolV1994

You should add the ability to change the quantities of packages when you add them to the cart.

18. Offline

DunkinDenko25

You can put in the command. /say has donated for VIP Thank you!!!

19. Offline

jorisk322

20. Offline

itsatacoshop247

I love the new 'Require Package' Feature, but could we select multiple packages that they could have in order to be able to buy the next one?

I offer 5 ranks, so they can easily go from Rank 1 to Rank 2 if they bought Rank 1. But then for Rank 2 to Rank 3 I would have to offer two packages currently, one package if they had done the upgrade and a separate one if they bought Rank 2 first.

So it would be much easier if I could have the Rank 2 to Rank 3 unlock for users if they had purchased rank 2 first or the upgrade Package, hence why let us select multiple packages in the 'Require Package' section. Thanks.

21. Offline

jorisk322

This could be much more easily achieved by using the cumulative packages option.

22. Offline

itsatacoshop247

Oh I see, I was not aware of that, thanks!

23. Offline

chaseoes

Would it be possible with the cumulative packages option to prevent players from purchasing packages lower in price from the last one they purchased?

Hard to explain, but let's say I have 5 packages, and a player buys my "Sponsor++" package. They would see this. But since they already get the perks that Sponsor and Sponsor+ get (since they purchased a tier above those), they shouldn't be able to buy those. So instead they should be shown something like this.

And since they're in a cumulative category it makes no sense to be able to buy multiple packages within that category... but that's something for another day?

jorisk322 likes this.
  24. I like both these suggestions and will work on them for this weeks feature Friday.

25. Offline

HarrisAz

i want to make a section(category) where in there ,i sell those packages and it only can be bought by using OneBip for example...as OneBip has higher fee than paypal,thats why i want this...To offer 2 options ,2 different category but i will make the price of packages at OneBip a little higher.

Can u do that?
    Diferent categories can be paid by different payment gateway

26. Offline

jorisk322

lmc said he's going to be handling that in a different way. How exactly, I don't know, but it will be done eventually.

27. Offline

_Indigo

Can there be some sort of command to allow players to check how much time is left for their expiry commands to take effect?

28. Offline

EmrysK

Is there anyway to get a raw data dump of sales data every month? The statistics are shiny, but not useful for any sort of sales analysis. A simple improvement on your existing export feature to include names of products sold and category would be HUGELY useful. I'd pay extra just for that.

29. Offline

Vikestart

I support this. PayGol is extremely expensive. They're eating half of our income!

30. As previously said, we are adding more :)

31. Can you make that each server income is linked to a paypal account? Thank You