[ADMN/WEB] [BukkitDev] Buycraft -The most advanced Donation Plugin.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by lmc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG]
    Over 100,000 servers have used Buycraft over the last 2 years.
    What is Buycraft, and why does my Minecraft server need it?
    Buycraft enables you to sell in game items/memberships to your community, allowing yourself to fund your server bills to keep your Minecraft server alive. Buycraft is basically an online shopping cart system for your own server!​
    How will my players use Buycraft?
    After you have created a Buycraft account, you are given an online webstore which you can use to promote your items for sale. Your players will visit this website and be able to purchase the items that they want, be it a collection of armour, or a monthly VIP membership.​
    What can I sell to my users, and how?
    Buycraft enables you to sell ANYTHING to your users, from a collection of armour upgrades, to monthly VIP memberships. When a player purchases a product, it is automatically processed on your Minecraft server, and removes all hassle of managing payments by yourself. All these different options will take the worry out of funding your Minecraft server.​
    Some of the awesome features available:
    • Create donation packages which can reward your players with anything you imagine.
    • Setup advanced packages for memberships ranks, with support for automatic Paypal subscriptions.
    • Many Payment gateways supported! (Paypal, Stripe, Google Wallet, Paymentwall, 2Checkout, Onebip, Paygol, Payza, and Coinbase.)
    • Coupon codes to offer discounts to your players.
    • Run promotional sales to gain attention to certain donation packages.
    • Cumulative ranking to enable your players to upgrade their ranks.
    • Custom variables to offer advanced customisation of your packages.
    • Detailed donation statistics to see how well your server is performing.
    • Multiple webstores per account, with the ability to create sub accounts for your other moderators/administrators on your server.
    • Advanced fraud protection to prevent chargebacks.
    • Webstores available in over 8 languages.
    • You can change your webstore theme and even integrate it into your own website.
    • Everything is hosted by us, resulting in a hassle free and inexpensive way to run your own webstore! The Buycraft platform is updated regularly with many new features added each month.
    Have a feature suggestion? Post it below!

2. Offline

mbt15

Thank you :)

lmc likes this.
  3. Offline

niels1189

Can you make it work like MCBANS? If you charge refunds on about 5 servers or so your rank decreases. That kinda stuff. Also maby add a page on server.buycraft.net with a list of future updates. There is some free space on the dashboard.

Also an idea is (like I said on twitter) Make it possible to have a variable that works like {name} where you can put a custom string in.
    :edit:
    GREAT JOB ON UPDATE. ME AND MY SERVER LOVES YOU!

lmc likes this.
  4. Offline

jorisk322

What's the difference between a chargeback and a refund exactly?

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chargeback

A refund is when you send the money back to the customer on your behalf.

6. Offline

LaxWasHere

Ha! Amazing!
    I can now "ban {name} Chargeback" ahaha.

lmc likes this.
  7. Offline

Wolvz_Bane

I would like to suggest something similar to variables. Almost an extension of sorts.
    Basically allow the option of letting the buyer choose the name of the variable. For example I want to allow my users create their own username title if they donate on a specific package.
    To do so I would enter in the command to add a prefix.
    /pex user {user} prefix {variable1}
    By putting {variable1} this would allow the player to add any text they like in a text entry upon check out without giving them access to editing the whole command to whatever they want. (the {user} is the same as in Packages.)
    I'm sure this idea could be used for a host of other things.
    Thanks for reading this idea.
    Let me know if you can use it or not.

8. Offline

Cory_

Charge back is where the cardholder places a dispute and wants their money back. This includes the amount paid, fees and you're charged a $30.00 charge back fee (varies on payment processors, but that's the average.)

Refund is where you refund the client willingly including the amount paid and fees, but their isn't any refund fee or charge back fee.

Most cases credit/debit cards automatically win charge back disputes and you automatically loose, but their are some occasions where I've won those type of disputes. If it's a PayPal transaction you usually can win these yourself as you have claim it's an intangible item and online service, but if the person contacts you and wants a refund and willing to do so, then these help you easily perform these tasks.

Put in your Terms of Service a "Refund Policy" if you want one. 7 days, 14 days, 30 days are the common ones.

If you're doing monthly transactions maybe a 7 day refund policy and if it's a year on perm VIP then possibly 14 days or 30 days or don't have one at all, ultimately the choice is yours.

lmc likes this.
  9. Hope you like the updates :)

LaxWasHere likes this.
  10. Offline

Vikestart

Awesome :D But one feature that would go really nice with this chargeback thing would be Global Commands that executes for ALL packages. That way we could decide a common response for chargebacks on whatever package.

11. Offline

jorisk322

12. Offline

peman3232

This would be awesome, an easy way to ban users on chargebacks for all packages.

13. Offline

jorisk322

Could you tell me how bbcode is parsed in descriptions etc? Because I'm having trouble creating lists.

14. Offline

RetroCola

Any idea if you could add like an {userip} thing? Just for unipbans/ipbanning in chargeback situation?

15. Will get that done for you, will have a good 5 or so variables that you can use.

EDIT:

Added around 6 more variables for you to use, from the transaction ID to the customers IP. Will be released in the next update.

New website updates

You now have access to the following variables with package commands:

• {name} - The customers Minecraft username.
    • {transaction} - The transaction ID of the payment.
    • {price} - The amount paid.
    • {currency} - The currency of the payment.
    • {time} - The time of purchase, e.g. 15:30.
    • {date} - The date of purchase, e.g. 01/01/2012.
    • {email} - The email address of the customer.
    • {ip} - The IP address of the customer.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  16. Offline

niels1189

Is there a way for me to export or send this data to a mysql base? if not is there a plugin that can? (I am 100% sure it can be made)

17. Website updates

• “Copy” button on the theme page.
    • Improved links to our various support channels.
    • Order packages in categories by price (Useful for cumulative ranks).

18. Offline

Outlaw11A

Copy button on packages?

Vikestart likes this.
  19. Offline

nxtguy

Yes, this is needed. +1

So basically text box variables?

I would like this feature too, but I think it would need some word filtering to prevent players from doing nasty things. ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

cooljonny1

So lmc, will you add that feature I requested? About the more than 1 donator group??
    It's on page 215.

21. Offline

Icabash

You should add an option to duplicate packages. I have some packages that are completely the same, except for the time of expiry. An option like that would have helped immensely in making said packages :)

22. Offline

stephano013

Help! I want to make it so when people donate they get a rank from groupmanager, please help ASAP!

23. Dude, just use:

manuadd {name} rank world

Replace the rank by the name of your rank and the world by the name of the world where you want the donator to get ranked.

24. Offline

Vikestart

^This! Would make the set up of similar packages much easier!! :)

And also global commands for chargeback.

25. Offline

midnightfang22

Follow the tutorial on youtube?

26. Offline

niels1189

already suggested this before. i got a reply: going to improve this

you need to do as a command: /manuadd {name} groupname
    for permissions you need to do: /manuaddp {name} permission.something
    for prefixes you will have to do: /manuaddp {name} prefix [customprefix]
    for suffix: /manuaddp {name} suffix customsuffix

I don't use suffixes but for prefixes i would use variables.

27. Offline

kajar9

Please add user define-able variables with checkbox for ex. for custom prefix of their choosing to be typed in by themselves.
    Possible?
    What I mean is like this ->
    [​IMG]

If conditional in the meaning that the command will execute only when the check box is checked on checkout.
    Also, if checkbox is checked, the field can't be empty.

28. This could be done with how variables currently work, just add a "Yes" and "No" option.

29. Offline

kajar9

You misunderstood me i think. What I want is that if they buy a certain package, they can define their own prefix upon purchase.
    A text field they can enter text into defining their very own custom prefix. NOT a selection of predefined prefixes.

The checker box would only be there to ask, whether they want it or not. So they can choose whether they want the prefix or not. And the prefix they specify in the text box themselves.

I hope you understood me now on what I aim for.

30. Offline

risen32

I understand how cumulative works, however if you guys could extend this feature to allow this:

Most Minecraft servers offer 1 time items plus /kit options, with each rank the perks and items get better.

Setting a package to cumulative would allow you to let them upgrade a package, however what it doesn't offer is the ability to send them the difference in one time perks.

For example:

Package A: ($10)

400 McMMO Points
    $10,000 in game currency

Package B: ($25)
    600 McMMO Points
    $25,000 in game currency

If someone buys package A for $10 they get 400 McMMO points and $10,000 in game currency.

However if it's set to cumulative and they come back to buy Package B, there's no place in buycraft to add the commands to send them the difference in points and money.

I think this could be fairly simple thing to do when setting cumulative there could be an extra package that only the admin can see in the admin area.

Each cumulative package would be the upgrade package where you put in the commands so you can send them the difference between each package.

31. Offline

stephano013

Thank you!!!

lmc likes this.