[ADMN] VIPKick v1.01 - Give login preference to VIPs [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by polaris120990, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Offline

polaris120990

VIPKick v1.01 - Give login preference to VIPs
    Official Post and Download on

Is your server filling up? Are preferred players having trouble logging on? No more! With this plugin all you need to do is give preferred players the permissions node (listed below) and when they join a non-preferred player will be kicked and they will be allowed to join. In addition having the permissions node will also stop you from being kicked when another VIP joins. The player who will be kicked is the non-VIP player who has been logged on the longest (this may change in the future). OP players are treated as if they have the permissions node as well. Enjoy!
    Permissions

PermissionsEX
    • vipkick.vip
    PermissionsBukkit
    • vipkick.vip : true
    To Do

• Add different ways to select a player to kick.
    • Suggestions?
    • Possibly make an 'exempt' permissions node.
    ChangeLog
    Version 1.01:
    • Fixed a bug that made the plugin not function with PEX or OP
    Version 1.0:
    • First official release.
    If you have any suggestions please feel free to make them. I am very open to criticism and new ideas! Also, If you like what you see and want to support the development of this plugin and any other plugins i decide to create, please donate by clicking on the donation link here.

2. Offline

sabboy

This is great, I suggest adding like a warning for the player when they are about to get kicked.

Ex. Bob is online and is chosen to be kicked to let a VIP in, he is warned by the server telling him that he will be kicked in x minutes to allow a higher up to log in. On the other side the person logging in would get a Please Wait x minutes while space is being made for you

3. Offline

polaris120990

@sabboy I will look into adding something like this :)

4. Offline

ThatBox

Good idea.

5. Offline

sabboy

6. Offline

polaris120990

7. Offline

sabboy

Ok here is the list :p
    • Have "Guest/Default" user groups be selected randomly to be kicked ( can turn on/off )
    • When a person is a certain area it restricts being kicked ( Have a tool to select a area to ignore players in that area and have like a (/vk <area> on) to enable the area so it starts to ignore players in that zone)( also a command to show the areas that are made)
    • make the command to use /vk for easy usage
    • Have it select anyone that has been away for x amount of minutes to be kicked if the server passes a player limit ( Bob is afk for 15min, The server becomes 16/20 so then he is kicked because the server is more then 1/2 full)
    • Have it so that some players will need to have a admin do (/vk allow) for the server to kick him
    thats all i can think of right now lol

8. Offline

polaris120990

@sabboy
    I am already working on adding something to this effect.

In terms of selecting an area I do not think I will be adding that functionality unless there is a large outcry for it.

I may look into this.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by this. Do you mean that some people cannot be kicked? If so I already plan on adding that functionality.

9. Offline

sabboy

no to allow that player to be kicked a(n) admin has to give the server permission to kick him/her or make it so that any on-line admins will see who is being allowed in and who is getting kicked and have the ability to negate that kick

10. Offline

polaris120990

@sabboy the only problem with this is if there are no admins online.

11. Offline

sabboy

@polaris120990
    then it would kick them if no admin is on if they are online then,

say a admin is talking to a guest about something and he is selected to be kicked he can negate him being kicked so then the plugin would choose the next person

12. Offline

polaris120990

@sabboy hmm, ill look into it thank you for all of your suggestions.

13. Offline

sabboy

@polaris120990
    also how is the plugin you are making going (for me)

14. Offline

Krazy

Custom kick message is fine.

15. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Great plugin however I suggest changing the name it gives a false idea. When I first saw this I thought it kicked VIP's or something haha.

16. Offline

BioRage

@bobbysmithyy

A bit misleading it sounds like kick a player for a VIP player. Maybe VIPFIRST?

17. Offline

polaris120990

@BioRage @bobbysmithyy Seems like a lot of people have animosity towards the name lol, I will change it once I think of something that is suitable.

18. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Great plugin though.

19. Offline

Windwaker

Lookin' good :)

20. Offline

SilencShadoW

ERROR!
    I cant login :( i login, then there stand "silencshadow has left the game" and client message: server is at capacity!

Code:
    2011-11-04 17:53:07 [INFO] silencshadow [/93.230.110.189:50267]  logged in with entity id 21343 at ([Projekte] -20468.906063304243,  16.0, -19732.836978851064)
    2011-11-04 17:53:07 [INFO] silencshadow
    2011-11-04 17:53:07 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to xAuth
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.protect(xAuth.java:286)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.xAuth.createGuest(xAuth.java:270)
        at com.cypherx.xauth.listeners.xAuthPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(xAuthPlayerListener.java:68)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:260)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:129)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:121)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:80)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:59)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:46)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:94)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

21. Offline

polaris120990

@SilencShadoW Hmm, looks like a compatibility issue with xauth, I will look into fixing this as soon as possible :)

22. Offline

SilencShadoW

maybe because xauth delete some command rights ... maybe its override or disable pex for that user who not is loged in?

23. Offline

polaris120990

@SilencShadoW =.= I am a derp lol I made a tiny mistake in my code. It is fixed now and I am uploading a new file to DevBukkit. Everything should be in order now. Sorry D:

24. Offline

SilencShadoW

When u update it? so recent file is 1.0 :p I dont know if mods need to apply that dl ... so i hope i not stress u :eek:

25. Offline

polaris120990

@SilencShadoW I updated it to 1.01 but unfortunately DevBukkit needs to approve all files before listing them. Here is a mediafire link to it: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
    SilencShadoW likes this.
  26. Offline

SilencShadoW

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
  27. Offline

polaris120990

@SilencShadoW I am working on fixing that actually, I find it annoying too :)

28. Offline

SilencShadoW

29. Offline

polaris120990

@SilencShadoW I'll take a look at it, It may be a while before I make any progress on it though because I am kinda busy working on other plugins at the moment.

30. Offline

SilencShadoW

no problem but this plugin is epic ... i think :p if it works ;) u got no downtime because ur not at home or something else ...