[ADMN] SpoutTexturePack 1.0 - Add a bit of magic [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CainFoool, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Offline

CainFoool

SpoutTexturePack - Add a bit of magic!
    Download: SpoutTexturePack.jar

SpoutTexturePack lets you change all of your user's texture packs to a specified one you provide in the config.yml.
    Once they login, it will quickly download and update their texture pack in-game.
    Spout is not a dependency, however this plugin is useless without it.

Features
    1. Changes entire server's Texture Pack
    Configuration example
    Code:
    config:
        texturepack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7186172/Foliacraft.zip
    Changelog
    1.00 - Released plugin

2. Offline

CainFoool

I have a development server, I could use Multiworld very easily.

3. Offline

clitcomander

so i need an HTML enabled server to use this then. dammit, i wish more hosts provided advanced features so people can use these things.

4. Offline

Relick

No you don't :). You can link to any direct page, including dropbox (and other similar styled things).

5. Offline

thepackett

i'm having trouble getting this to work with the craftee pack texture pack
    link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/317146-16x-17-crafteepack-v18/#p4752983
    is it possibly because the download link is mediafire?
    or that the texture pack has custom water and lava?
    or some other reason maybe? (it has optional HD art in the download which needs MC patcher, maybe that's it?)
    EDIT: could it also be that it contains extras, for example it has HD art and normal art included in it and you normally wouldn't use all of it?

6. Offline

Relick

Definitely MediaFire and more than likely the 'extras' contribute too. Extract the exact zip that you want and place it on a direct link server such as a dropbox.

7. Offline

thepackett

ok, thanks ^^
    [tnt] ~testing~ [tnt]

@Relick ok, i made a dropbox and put the crafteepack into it, there are no errors but it's not changing anything either.
    (dropbox link) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37718238/CrafteePack.zip
    any ideas?

never mind, it works on his new plugin ^^

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  8. Offline

WhiteRaven01

Like BukkitContribEssentials does. It allows you to have a texture pack for each world. Prob with that is everyone needs to have the SP mod of it and the texture pack.
    So it would be SERIOUSLY AWESOME if you could make the Spouts version of it.
    I have faith in ya! YOU CAN DO IT! PEER PRESSURE! lol

9. Offline

RTRD

@CainFoool I get this error:
    Code:
    2011-08-10 02:35:42 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SpoutTexturePack v1.0 (Is it up to date?): org/getspout/spoutapi/event/spout/SpoutListener
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/getspout/spoutapi/event/spout/SpoutListener
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getClassByName(JavaPluginLoader.java:219)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:32)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at me.cain.spouttexturepack.SpoutTexturePack.onEnable(SpoutTexturePack.java:32)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.getspout.spoutapi.event.spout.SpoutListener
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    ... 26 more

10. Offline

Musaddict

Ok, you if it's a WIP you should post it in the forums and send a link so that we can follow your progress (unless it wont take you long :p)

11. Offline

vefald

Does this mean i can add my own texture pack to this plugin and evryone has to use it?

12. Offline

Insanehero

Would it be possible to make it so there's more than one pack they can choose from?

13. Offline

ClearTranquil

Is it possible at all in the future to do this without a client mod?

14. any chance you could add worldguard region support to this? then when users entered an 'industrial zone' and industrial texture pack could be downloaded etc

Mordaith likes this.
  15. Offline

CainFoool

You should check my new plugin for that.
    Depends entirely on Spout, so I am not sure.
    I've never worked with regions.

16. Offline

olympe50

It will be very cool like theonewithgingahair said, that the texture pack change depending of the region, I really need this because on my server i have made a lot of reproduction : luigi's mansion, delfino island and coming soon every world of kingdom hearts and it will be very useful to change automaticaly the texture pack depending of the region.

theonewithgingahair likes this.
  17. Offline

Mordaith

This is exactly what I am looking for. It would be great to have the texture packs switch when you switch regions.

theonewithgingahair likes this.
  18. Offline

ch96li

Also could you have a list of supported texture packs? Because I want to use this with HD textures, but I know that some people are unable to run them, so I want players to be able to choose whether they want the HD pack, or the non HD pack.

19. Does this need the Spout Clients Mod ?

20. Offline

Lunar Delta

Using this, I can barely connect to my own server. When I do connect, I am confronted with intense lag and eventually I get kicked with a Read timed out message. Every time.

Edit: Just tried it out with a few friends. All of them get kicked moments after logging in. Chatting and chunk loading do not work. Something is seriously wrong with this plugin.

21. Offline

ItsQ

Realy nice mod!
    Thank you!

22. Offline

marvinbek

So... Does it work with 32x+ texture packs? (Does Spout contain the HD Patcher?)

23. Offline

CainFoool

Yes it does.

This is nothing to do with my plugin. The Spout plugin can be buggy.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  24. Offline

marvinbek

Yeah, just tested it! Time for an official server texture pack! So crap this doesn't support AdF.ly...

25. Offline

Lunar Delta

Well if that's the case, this plugin is functionally useless until Spout starts working again.

26. Offline

matthew_goodman

This plugin works great for me and 2 other users on my server.. however for one it doesnt seam to work... it will start dowloadng the texture pack then wont finnish...showing the texture back being corrupt... any ideas?

27. Offline

Rileyb80

Would it be possible to add a way to choose between texture packs?

For example I'd like to make a set of texture packs for my server in the various sizes from standard to HD and allow the users to choose between them.

28. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Any possible way it could ask the user when logging in if they would like to use the Servers' specified texture pack? I'm not keen on forcing people to use it but it would be nice for them to have the option to or not.

29. Offline

Eris

For you folks asking for multi-world support, I've got just what you need. Plus mine's open source, so folks like @cholo71796 are free to modify to their hearts' content. Alls I ask is that you send me a pull request.

GitHub: erisdiscord/spout-textile
    Download: Textile.jar

No permissions or anything, but I guess that can be added. If the plugin is loaded, it's on for everybody. There's a README on the GitHub page that has a sample config.yml. I'll document it better tomorrow when I'm not half asleep.

I'll make an official release soon-ish, once I've done all the stuff. Maybe. Report issues on GitHub, not here.

30. Offline

cholo71796

@Eris
    Nicely organized code there, clear and simple

31. Offline

Eris

@cholo71796 Thanks, I try! It's becoming less organised now that I've added support for changing texture packs by commands. :D I think my command handler is already due for a refactor.