[ADMN] Spawn List 0.10 - The Original Powerful Item Spawning Plugin [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lego6245, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Offline

lego6245

SpawnList: Take Back Item Spawning!
    Version RC1.0 -"Where the hell have you been, SuperPerms?" edition.​

ChangeList:
    Code:
    Vrc1.0: Updated for 1.7.3! SuperPerms! New Group System! I should update more!
    V0.9.2: Fixed a second stupid.
    V0.9.1: Fixed a stupid.
    Vo.9: Fixed a few bugs. Changed how inheritance works. By the way, it works.
    Vo.8: 1.5 update. I know I've fixed that bug now!
    V0.7.3: Removed horrible inheritance. Added 1.4 items
    V0.7.2: Less annoying puke, possible allowed fix.
    V0.7.1: MOAR FIXES!!!1!!1!111!2!!!one!!
    V0.7: Added /give. Hopefully fixed a bug.
    V0.6: Changed Packages. Actually fixed things :3
    V0.5: Thought I fixed a bunch of things.
    V0.4: new onCommand format. slreload works from console. New enable/disable message.
    V0.3: Added /slreload command. Added a toggle for the warning message. Cleaned up some language.
    V0.2: Fixed spawning by number, added function to designate number of items spawned by default, changed default to 1.
    V0.1: Release
    Ladies and gentlemen, it is the return of item spawning as it once was! Take back control of your user's item spawning habits with SpawnList, the Bukkit ready version of GroupSpawnlist, readapted and ready to go! I created this plugin because as far as I could see there was no way to properly regulate item spawning in terms of what items your users could spawn. This plugin builds upon the item whitelist of hMod by adding these features:
    • Additive or Deductive spawning! (Give a list of items you either want users to spawn or NOT want users to spawn)
    • Permissions support! (Designate different spawn lists for each group!)
    • It's own /item command!
    • Reload without restart, now from console and in-game!
    • Inheritance!
    I hope that this will become your most used plugin. A few reminders in order to make this the best possible:

• You will need to disable any other /item commands that may exist in plugins like Essentials. Failure to do so might cause your users to get double the items they want.
    • You will need to configure your config.yml file according to a few rules, which I will outline.
    • Inheritance works as thusly: Parent group overrules children, but once it's true, it's done. Allow me to explain. If group A inherits groups B and C, then group A's policies will overrule groups B and C. However, if group B or C can spawn an item, then it is assumed that group A can spawn it as well. Keep this in mind.
    • There is a new system for groups with the new superperms. If you use super perms, listen up! You need to define in your config.yml file the world, then the user, then the group. Groups can also have children. See the new config file style below, and respond with any questions.
    Now, for the DL link, but first, if you like the plugin, Donate! Donators get access to my dropbox folder which contains everything I work on, including a few plugins that have never been released! Any amount is fine. Here are the links: Donate, Jar + Zip, Jar Only (Experimental)!

To configure:
    • If you are using the Permissions plugin, here are the permissions used by Spawnlist:
      • spawnlist.item - Access the /item command
      • spawnlist.canspawnanything - If the user can spawn anything they want
      • spawnlist.spawnlisted - If you want the /item command to check the spawnlist for this user dead as of RC1.0 (why did I have this to begin with?)
      • spawnlist.reload - For users to have access to the /slreload command
      • spawnlist.give - Access to the /give command
    • In the config.yml file, the format is this:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 34 #change the default spawning amount

show-warning: 1 #show warnings, 1 = yes, 0 = no
    superperms: false #change to true if you want to use superperms!
    default: #leave this no matter what
    allowed: #can be allowed or disallowed (NOT BOTH)
      - 1 #list numbers here
     children:
       #children go here (try it out for me! only needed for superperms!)
    #other groups here (LOWERCASE)

Remember, please post in this thread if the plugin works/doesn't work/makes you happy/sad/upset/laugh. I less then three feedback

Lego6245 of enigmasm.com

2. Offline

YAY987

the folder called plugins was already there. I put the folder called spawnlist in the same directory as the .jar file, the plugins folder. I will try it with the disallowed thing. thanks

3. Offline

lego6245

No problem!

4. Offline

YAY987

There are multiple folders named spawnlist. which one do i put in?

5. Offline

lego6245

You should only have 1 folder called spawnlist.

6. Offline

YAY987

when i download it, i unzipped it. i opened this. the contents of this folder is: "_MACOSX" and "Spawnlist". I ignored the mac thing because i don't have a mac, I have windows 7. i opened the folder named spawnlist and the contents of this was another folder named spawnlist and the .jar file. i copyed both of these and put them in the plugins folder. then, i opened the config file with notepad, and changed it from
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 1
    show-warning: 0
    default:
     allowed:
    to:
    Code:
    default-stack-size: 1
    show-warning: 0
    default:
     disallowed:
    I run the run.bat file and then connect to it in minecraft. I type in /item and it doesn't work. then i tried /item diamondpickaxe 1 and it doesn't work. what did i do wrong?

7. Offline

lego6245

Is there any output to the console when you start the server?

8. Offline

YAY987

Is there what? when i start the server, it doesn't say anything about spawnlist, if that answers your question.

9. Offline

lego6245

What version of bukkit?

10. Offline

YAY987

the latest version. I downloaded it today. I think it's 450 but i'm not sure.

11. Offline

lego6245

Are you sure you are starting it with the craftbukkit.jar and not the MinecraftServer.jar? Try another plugin, see if that one works.

12. Offline

YAY987

I am starting it with run.bat
    is that why?

13. Offline

lego6245

Try reading the "How to Run Craftbukkit" Thread.

14. Offline

YAY987

ok.
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 2:16 AM ---
    sorry, where is it?

15. Offline

lego6245

16. Offline

YAY987

17. Offline

lego6245

Ok, I'm going to put a new version in now.

18. Offline

YAY987

19. Offline

lego6245

Updated to 0.7. Added /give command. Hopefuly fixed the bug.

20. Offline

YAY987

AHA! /give works if i say /give YAY987 1 1 it throws 1 stone on the ground! /item doesn't work though.

21. Offline

lego6245

Are you using any other plugins?

22. Offline

YAY987

not yet
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 3:16 AM ---
    the other thing is, with /give i have to type the item id, not just the name of it

23. Offline

lego6245

Ok, then I don't know why /item is not working for you, but glad you could get it running.
    And yes, you can use names instead of item ids.

24. Offline

YAY987

if i say /give YAY987 obsidian 64 it says "There's no item with id obsidian"

25. Offline

lego6245

My plugin doesn't even print that.

26. Offline

YAY987

What? Then how?

27. Offline

lego6245

I have no idea. You must be using some other plugin.

28. Offline

YAY987

[​IMG] the command

[​IMG]what is says back

oops, image didn't work. i'm going to redo post

29. Offline

lego6245

Ok, I figured it out. The plugin isn't even starting up. Tell me if you get a message that says "Spawnlist is Running" when you restart the craftbukkit.jar

30. Offline

YAY987

obsidianbefore.png obsidianafter.png
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 3:39 AM ---
    ok
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2011 3:41 AM ---
    what do you mean restart the craftbukkit.jar? i use run.bat to start it

31. Offline

lego6245

Follow the instructions in the craftbukkit thread I posted up there on how to start the server up. That run.bat file doesn't seem to be doing it.