Inactive [ADMN/SEC] Regios v5.0.01 - Advanced Region Management! + Multi-World, Protection + More![1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Adamki11s, May 3, 2011.

1. Regio's - Advanced Region Management! + Multiworld support, protection, entry control, health control, movement control, custom messages and more!
    Version : 5.0.01

Changelog :​
    Version 5.0.01 : Fixed NPE's regarding ChunkGrids & Regions​
    Version 5.0.0 : Updated for 1.0.0 and fixed glaring protection issues.​
    Version 4.0.80 : Mobs Fixed and Economy Support for iConomy6 (Thanks to Pianosaurus)​
    Version 4.0.71 : Complete Recode.​

2. Offline

FrozdY

get MyWorlds multiverse admin plugin with PvP/spawn mob/alot of other stuff built in also i made the tutorial for it and it's really indeapth

it also stacks with this plugin

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  3. Offline

jaydenjb97

can u set certain areas to be pvp? and certain areas not. like make arenas?

4. Offline

drt

being able to read is different than reading, read.... again.. for the third time. /r is for replying to the last person that whispered to you, /r in the /regios help file is so the commands fit one per line.

teach your children well please.

"iConomy5 and Hbank for banks because iconomy's are screwy. WorldGuard if you want to restrict banks to regions" ... because the permission control with regio's is not working yet

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

jaydenjb97

sorry wot? /regios help file is so the commands fit on per line? wot? please put simple english, im slow :)

Can someone just please send me a: regios in-game command list? please.

6. Offline

drt

/regios help
    /regios help general
    /regios help fun ....
    .......... .... ... . . .
    /regios help me if i cant understand this

WolfLionHead likes this.
  7. Offline

jaydenjb97

uhm, i did that ^^^ doesnt work for the 1,000,000,00 time!

8. Offline

FrozdY

/regios help and if you want further help then you type for example /regios help permissions and it tells you all about permissions

make sure that you DON'T spell wrong either

9. Offline

jaydenjb97

well i do. /regios help general ( and it doesnt work.... )

10. Offline

FrozdY

check your server log then if there's ANY warnings/severe

becouse they can screw just that plugin up

11. Offline

jaydenjb97

YAY! i found out how to commands work. but how do i colour a welcome message?
    like: /regios setwelcome ***** ********** i wont it to be colored wen u enter region...

I wont to be able to set the welcome message to Red instead of white...
    eg. /regios set-welcome pvp Entered PVP ( enter region message in - RED , not white...original colour )

i hope someone understands what i mean ^^^ .... 0_o

12. Offline

FrozdY

check the tutorial and you get your answers

13. well that's probably another plugin that you are using which uses the /r command ovbiously. So try /reg or to be sure, /regios

By unstable I just mean that there may still be some bugs and flaws which I have not ironed out yet.

Hook regios into world guard for what purpose?

Hehe thanks :D I may be adding support for essentials economy but it's not the easiest as they have been very lazy and not documented their API.

Haha, it's not my fault you are an idiot. the normal command is /regios and it has aliases of /reg and /r. Any other plugins using /reg or /r will override the Regios command, quite obviously really. If you're looking for help you're going the wrong way about it and I suggest you grow up and learn to think before posting here, or anywhere for that matter.

Just wait until I release the full version with documentation. For commands use /regios help <category> and besides from that just wait patiently or ask politely. For colour codes if you want to colour text here are 2 example or parsing strings you can use : <red> this is red <bgreen> and this is green <pink> and pink :)

14. Offline

1born2kill

lool, CommandBook, Pfftt... Yeah i used /r at first, and It sent a reply to a person, and they were like "Dude wtf are u saying" im like "my bad... I failed at something" so I now use /reg :D

Adamki11s likes this.
  15. Offline

SBD09

wow after is removed this plugin my ram and cpu usage droped by so much. this plugin uses up a lot

16. Offline

FrozdY

if you have a good comp that can support it then it's no probs, you don't even notice the change

17. Well, yes this plugin has a lot of features but while coding it I also made sure it was as efficient as possible. What are your computer specs because as @FrozdY said with a good computer you'll hardly notice the difference.

18. Offline

King_KYl3

Ar okay hope you can but if you carnt i might have to use a plugin that works with worlf guard to buy there regions

19. Offline

SBD09

I am currently renting a server that has up to 3gb of ram that can hold around 40 people. the server specs are
    2x Intel Xeon X5690 6x 3.46Ghz - 2x 6 cores - 24 threads.
    48GB DDR3-667 ECC Triple Channel RAM
    2x 2000GB 7.2k RPM SATA Drives
    Soft RAID1
    1000mbit Lossless co-location port

i know my personal pc could handle it, it has 6gb with second gen i5

20. If I can't do what?
    3GB of RAM holding 40 people is really, and I mean really pushing the limit so adding another plugin would obviously slow down your server because it's already peaking.

21. Offline

SBD09

yea i know they recommend up to 64 players with heavy plugin usage but i reduced it down to 40. I might consider using my personal pc to run my server like i did before.

22. Good idea, I can promise you that although Regios is not a lightweight plugin it is very efficient. I will be some doing some advanced testing to see how long it takes to execute the code inside on player move to give you an idea of the overhead.

23. Offline

BIG_PIP_IN

24. Offline

jaydenjb97

im really sorry aye -_-, im such an idiot... its just no one fully explained it to me so that i could understand..but now i know. Thank you :)

25. Offline

Deathsticks

Just wondering if its possible to set no monster spawning in a region?

I've tried the /regios monster-spawns <region> <t/f> and the /regios mob-spawns <region> <t/f> in the help lists
    im not sure what exactly im doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind! I found the solution, just outdated help files.
    Need to type /regios set-monster-spawns <region> <true/false>

EDIT EDIT: ALSO awesome mod, loving it so far, setting it up on a Server with a few of our friends, ties in nicely with our MMO set up :D

26. Offline

WolfLionHead

drt, you are my new hero :p
    I don’t think I ever laugh so mush on some one’s posts.

Adamki11s likes this.
  27. Offline

drt

i do what i can XD

nevermind its not worth it in resources :)

28. Thank you, will test tonight.

Thanks :D It's not that the documentation is outdated; well it is but I'm writing up new docs for the new version as there are a lot of new commands.

29. Offline

King_KYl3

how long to update xD

30. Offline

sansprenom

Hi, I was a bit concerned about the reset of the regions file. It generates a backup folder for the old one, but how to integrate the old content into a new file? It would be an desaster to have to reprotect over 100 Regions

Ok, I found the Patch Command.
    But its buggy.
    The Backupfile is not the last existing regions file!

31. Offline

FrozdY

eer, i use my quad core 2,8 ghz with 8 gig ram and i can have 100 ppl online with ease and then the server client is only set to use 2 gig ram and i DON'T feel the difference in any of my plugins :S