[ADMN/SEC] GuestPrev v1.5 - AntiGrief Guest Manager [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SunShe, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Offline

SunShe

[ADMN/SEC] GuestPrev v1.5a - AntiGrief Guest Manager [1.3.1-R2.0]

GuestPrev - AntiGrief Guest Manager:
    Version: v1.5a

GuestPrev allows you to manipulate your guest accesses and events,
    it protects your server against griefers or unknown players.

Feel free to open your server to the public without having to worry about griefers.

[​IMG]
    -
    Simple, Light, easy.
    No Permissions system required. (But supported)

Features: Prevents guests from the following...
    • Placing, Breaking, or Interacting with Blocks
    • Using, Destroying, or Moving Boats/Mine Carts
    • Picking Up or Drop Items (Option to Authorize Certain Items)
    • Opening Chests, Furnaces, or Dispensers
    • Interactions with Doors, Levers, Buttons, or Pressure Plates.
    • Trampling wheat and using ladders.
    • Creepers explosions on guests.
    • Workbench Use (Option to Authorize Use)
    • Attacking types of animals/monsters.
    • Exploring the unknown world not generated. (Preventing from increase your file map size.)
    Additional Features:
    • Auto-locks Guest Inventory Changes
    • Stops Players From Using Blocks to Climb Over Walls
    • Enable or Disable Guest Chat, Guest Server Access.
    • Send a private message or kick all guests. (for servers overloaded of guests)
    • Optional/editable Every Notify Messages for guests.
    • Configurable guest interactions.
    • Can make virtual walls for restrict your guests at some ways.
    • Admin Command Tools (Teleport,Kick,Ban,Mute,Froze,Etc...)
    • Set a max amount of online guests in same time.
    • Reserve slots for members.
    • Can disable other plugins commands access.
    • You can optionally set a chat-prefix for recognize who are a guest.
    • A system who logging the players activities. (First Join, Latest Connected/Disconnected)
    • Make your Guests (Spectators) invincible.
    DOWNLOAD: Private now, you can PM me if intersting...
    _

thecoolwolf, Tealk, kahlilnc and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

Fohdeesha

Status on 1.6.4 compatibility?

3. Offline

TTSDA

@SunShe
    I wonder if you could add the option to make multiple areas, for different ranks.
    Like a guest area and a beginner area.
    Thank you, great plugin, TTSDA.

4. Offline

ParkerReno

Love the plugin, but has anyone found a way to get the prefix to work? I remember someone saying it was broken a while back, but has anyone found anything?

5. Offline

Synful0ne

Would you possibly add a "spam filter" i dont like to completely mute my guests even tho i might have 50 people on at once id like to say.. Allow.. 2 messages every 10 seconds. Preferably to an adjustable amount or a function that will mute players who.. send.. more than 10 messages in 1-10seconds or configurable amount or something along those lines would be very nice

6. Offline

MacG32

Works with CB #815, but doesn't always tell the Guest that they aren't allowed to perform the action, but does stop it from happening.

7. Offline

Tealk

2011-05-29 19:58:56 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-762-g69e11d1-b815jnks (MC: 1.6.4)

2011-05-29 19:58:59 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.0.6] (Yeti) loaded

2011-05-29 19:59:00 [INFO] [GuestPrev] [WARNING!] Settings could not be loaded!
    2011-05-29 19:59:00 [INFO] [GuestPrev] version 1.4i by SunShe is enabled!

Please fix this, its the most important plugin on my server

8. Offline

Maxis010

Just configure the settings via permissions, it works just as well (IE guests open doors, give the node)
    In all honesty I used to have a server that rejected the settings file, then I changed server and it started working, exact same files and directory structure

9. Offline

Tealk

i have set up it with permisions?
    what do you mean?

10. Offline

Maxis010

I mean I've run 2 servers for a long time with GuestPrev
    The original doesn't read the config, I cloned the server to another machine and this one does read the config
    On the first one I just used permissions to give my guests the powers that I wanted them to have instead of spending a few hours messing with the settings trying to make GuestPrev read them

11. Offline

Tealk

atm it run on 2 server perfektly
    with permissions 3 its buggy

12. Offline

Maxis010

That is because permissions 3 is a work in progress, as it stands they are trying to stabilise the basics and finish up the wiki, that and there are no guaranties that P2 plugins work smoothly with P3 because of the hook changes

13. Offline

Tealk

thats what i have say -_-

14. Offline

Kartus

when sunshe will show her again to update one of best plugins? :(

15. Offline

MrKrucible

this has to get updated... like right NOW! :mad:

16. This plugin is working well with 818.

Great plugin by the way ! it has EVERYTHING I need !

Just something you should add, is the ability to place a minecart on rails, so the visitors are able to use the undergound on most servers.

Keep up !

17. Offline

EMOberger

anyway you could add a command such as "/gp unwall all" its explanatory, right?

18. Can someone please tell me why all my players you have been un[Guest]ed still get this "you do not have permission to use this" message.

19. Offline

LucidLethargy

This is flat out not working at all on my server... is there a trick to using this plugin that I am missing? Do any plugins interfere with it?

Edit: I just regenerated the file, and updated to 220 (no changes there for this plugin) and still nothing... As far as I can tell this plugin does not work, but others seem to be reporting it as working so i'm lost here... Do, perhaps, only the permission nodes work? Does it not work out of the box, because that's one of the coolest things about this in theory... the simplicity.

Edit2: Yeah, i'm going to confirm this is broken unless i'm missing some button to turn it on or off, or somehow one of my plugins is overriding it. I'm played with the config for a long time now and my guests are still free to do whatever they please.

20. Offline

Mrono

this doesnt workith permissions 3 or group manager. ive heard it works with perm 2

21. Offline

LucidLethargy

I'm using Permissions 2 : /
    The text all works, it SEEMS like it's working, but then when you personally test it it's pretty clear it fails.

22. Offline

Rick

818? or is this abondoned?

23. Offline

Kartus

it works for me on #820.

24. Offline

Dr Danco

using #818 and with default settings it wont let the player register (using AuthMe)
    I've tried messing with the config a bit and made it so they were able to register, but they still couldn't move.

25. Offline

Zarius

Working fine for me with CB820 - bit tricky to set up correctly though. I'm using permissions (2.something), no experience trying this without it.

In guestprev config I set "usebuild" to false, "advanced permissions" to true, "wall height" to zero. I then gave my lowest rank with build rights the "guestprev.is.authorized" permission - this is inherited to all ranks above it.

The default (and lowest) rank ("Tourist") that does not have the "guestprev.is.authorized" permission. Then give the guests permissions as per this page (from the help wiki in top post) - I gave them access to doors, levers, etc and also access to commands (so they can use /spawn if they get trapped).

26. Offline

TruffleDucks

Seems a little harsh on the visitors :D

27. Offline

Zarius

What's harsh on the visitors? I use guestprev in preference to a whitelist (which is a lot more harsh as visitors cannot even log in to look around). This way players can see what the world looks like, how friendly the server is and what the lag is like before they bother applying.

From my side I don't really want players that just log in to start building straight away, they need to explore a bit to know what the server is looking for (types of buildings, theme, etc).

28. Offline

mickael002

Doesn't work on 1.6.6 !

Caused auto-kick for everyone players. ("Internal Server Error")

29. Offline

Maxis010

I'm using it fine on 1.6.6 so there is a conflict or problem local to your server

30. Offline

mickael002

Not since when I removed this remove, I had this error.

31. Offline

Maxis010

Again, this problem is local to YOUR server, I am not experiencing this issue, now that means it is not caused directly by GuestPrev or Minecraft 1.6.6
    Instead there is a conflict somewhere on YOUR server
    Note how I'm saying YOUR in capitals, this is to drive home the fact that not everyone is having this issue so there is no reason to proclaim it doesn't work with 1.6.6 in general just because of YOUR server