[ADMN/SEC] BuildersPlot v1.3.1 - The Simple and Innovative Way to Protect Your Server [1.5.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Builder's Universe, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Offline

RANDOMTACO5764

nice plugin although there is a flaw which is that you can't destroy any blocks but your own plot which I think should be fixed.

2. The point of the plugin is to stop grief, therefore you need a plot to be able to destroy blocks. It's not a flaw. I'd appreciate if you actually read the description of the plugin before posting a comment like that.

3. Offline

Imm0rt41

can it also be that you mark a specific area, like a town, where people can only build in their own lots, but outside that town area they ARE allowed to build?

4. In version 1.2 this is possible. Set the option in settings.yml to false and make your entire town a plot owned by the tow owner. You can the make individual claim able plots inside that huge plot. Hope this helps.

5. Offline

Imm0rt41

and then theyll be able to build outside the town too, but in the town only in their plots?

6. Yup.

7. Offline

Imm0rt41

awesome.

and set what option to false, you didnt say

can you make this work with worldedit region selection please?

EDIT: also, can you please make it so that you can simply walk onto a plot and claim it by typing /plot claim instead of having to enter the name of the plot

EDIT: sorry for all the feature requests, but can you also limit each player to a certain number of plots? this is the closest plugin i have found to what i need and these features are key to using it on my server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. In settings.yml - set Protect Land Outside Plots to false. Also on that file is a setting for max plots per person.

9. Offline

Imm0rt41

i dont have a settings.yml

and also, what can you do about the hooking into worldedit? if you cant do that, is it possible to at least add an option to expand the selected plot region from sky to bedrock so that you dont have to actually select the points manually at the top of the map and the bottom

10. Get version 1.2 from dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/buildersplot

11. Offline

senne97

how you upgraid to the new version ?

12. Download the latest version (1.2) and replace the old BuildersPlot.jar you already have. Reloading your server should generate settings.yml (You'll see something in the console saying it generated it) which contains default values for some new settings.

For those of you that need a link to the latest download:

Also, the BuildersPlot Dev Bukkit thread always has the latest download.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

senne97

but do ay lose my existing plots ?

14. No..

15. Offline

senne97

but the command /plot [plotname] max isn't working?

16. Before posting questions, I'd appreciate if you read the ENTIRE documentation for the plugin.

The documentation tells you the CORRECT command.

senne97 likes this.
  17. Offline

drfox

im getting this error on the new 1.2

2012-05-04 23:04:48 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BlockPlaceEvent to BuildersPlot
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockPlaceEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:98)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemBlock.interactWith(ItemBlock.java:71)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.placeItem(ItemStack.java:83)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:303)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:636)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.isAllowed(BuildersPlot.java:106)
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.onBlockPlace(BuildersPlot.java:244)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor371.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
    ... 14 more
    2012-05-04 23:04:49 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BlockBreakEvent to BuildersPlot
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.breakBlock(ItemInWorldManager.java:220)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:175)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:540)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.handle(SourceFile:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.isAllowed(BuildersPlot.java:106)
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.check(BuildersPlot.java:135)
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.onBlockBreak(BuildersPlot.java:263)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor338.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
    ... 12 more

18. Offline

senne97

cane you do down to bedrak to?

19. Offline

Jack_4775

Awesome idea.. But i would really like to see WorldGuard Support, because i really like worldguard. So that it doesnt create Plots with protection of ur plugin, instead it creates WorldGuard regions.

20. Offline

rubytap

You made the plot plugin to where you can do bedrock-sky with a simple command. I cannot thank you enough.

21. Offline

senne97

how do you set thate dy only cane build in there plot ?

big problem need help ay made plots but evrywane cane breake theme and braeke ather plots dy don't own need help wee cane not hold theme off / whene ay upgraide from a older version to the new wane then it stopt protecting

22. Offline

naqu6

Looks Cool
    Im going to try it

23. Attention:

The new version (version 1.2.1) fixes a major bug that stopped protecting plots. Please download this new version to continue protecting your plots.

Thanks!

~Firefly

Then why use my plugin? The whole point of my plugin is to protect areas. WorldGuard support would just remove all the original functionality of my plugin.

Fixed in 1.2.1.

24. Offline

N07070

Mother of god ! This is ZE absolute Plug' !!!
    ThAnks SO mutch ! You get :[diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond] !

25. Glad you like it :)

26. Offline

senne97

cane you add thate 2 people cane own 1 plot

27. Offline

boduzapho

Nice, I have written my own system for the same thing, and here's a few tips for you. We do not allow chest placement UNLESS it is withing their "Plot" (Eliminates thieve's). We use this system to limit total chests placed as well (no more chest farms). Nothing on a plot can be tampered with except by the plot owner or anyone on their "build-friends list", Doors (even wooden) cannot be opened by anyone but the owner or "build-friends" (No need for iron doors, but we protect those as well), trap doors, pressure plates, anything redstone, switches, buttons, furnaces, crafting tables, potion stations, etc, etc.. We also block lava and water placement, we allow water if done by the plot owner. We have a system to allow build friends so their buddies can build with them. Also we block flint and steel so they cannot set things on fire.

One issue will be dealing with all the new blocks MOJANG likes to add, when having to update this plugin, I would suggest a text file with the item numbers to be referenced by your plugin for items or blocks to protect.

Also I integrated with worldedit and the CUI to allow me to define regions within game. We have a series of protected areas that allow/disallow certain actions. Players get "webs", Land for server property. We have condos, city plots(can only mine down so far on these), rural plots(can only build so high in these) , pvp areas and nocom(areas that prohibit any commands by a player ie... Jail)

All this combined is a very efficient system, we also limit monsters from spawning in any area with a simple check.

I just launched a new version o this, if you'd like to see how it interacts with people there is a YouTube video made by some guys.

Hope this helps! good luck!

Also I saw on your video, your plot names are case sensitive , to get around this use the Java method equalsignorecase when comparing variables.

28. Offline

RyGuy147

Error message with 1.2.1 (CraftBukkit server version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R1.0-b2149jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R1.0)

[SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BuildersPlot v1.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.<init>(Arrays.java:3357)
    at java.util.Arrays.asList(Arrays.java:3343)
    at me.firefly.BuildersPlot.BuildersPlot.onEnable(BuildersPlot.java:315)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)

29. Offline

xillion

Right, this is probably me derping out majorly. but how come on the page it says for
    [1.2.5-R1.2] but when I load it into my server, it says it's out of date? Like I said, it's probably something stupid I'm doing, but I can't see what! I'm downloading from the dev page, and it says it's for 1.2.5, but it's just not working! Any help guys? Thanks in advance, Xillion. :)

Screw that, should really read previous comments, just need to make the folder manually. Appologies.

30. Yes, I know how to do that. The only reason I don't want to make them non-case sensitive is so that you can have plot12 a different plot than Plot12.

Most of the stuff you said is already in the plugin. Also, you don't need to update the plugin when new blocks are added, it just checks Block placement events; which correlates with all blocks.

Make a BuildersPlot folder.