[ADMN/SEC] BuildersPlot v1.3.1 - The Simple and Innovative Way to Protect Your Server [1.5.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Builder's Universe, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Ya... some people on the Dev Bukkit thread have been having this problem too. I haven't figured it out yet with rigorous testing. Hopefully I manage to fix it soon...

2. Offline

Jay98d

Damn, Shout me if you find anything, I will continue searching on teh interwebz for a solution,

Thanks Anyway

3. Offline

hybridphreak

I posted on profile regarding this matter. I wish to enable building anywhere BUT the plots. I would also been keen on helping test this :p

4. Yes, I will probably add a config feature to switch that.

Attention:

For those of you who are having console errors regarding a "PlayerMoveEvent", you can fix this by making a plot and claiming it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  5. Offline

Jay98d

? I will try It.

Haha! It works!

Thank you so much!
    You're awesome

Also, When someone claims a plot in the server, Nobody else can build anywhere?

Is this supposed to happen, If so how do I stop it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Sweet. I recently fixed this problem in version 1.1.3, but Bukkit needs to approve it before it gets put up for download.

Well, no one can build anywhere without a plot. So I'm not sure that the claiming of a plot prevents other's from building, only the default protection. Meaning, the other players should also get plots if they want to build, otherwise they can't build anywhere. Let me know if that is the situation you are encountering.

7. Offline

Jay98d

So when someone joins my server, they cannot build anywhere, untill they protect A plot of their own, then they can build everywhere besides other peoples plots?

Because when someone claims a plot in A small space on the server, nobody else can build anywhere, as it tells them You do not own this plot blah blah blah.

If this is true, could you make it so they can build anywhere (besides claimed plots) when they first join, even if they don't have a plot of their own, As users can build anywhere on my server, if they want a protected plot in the city, that's just a bonus

8. Ya, that's reverse logic of what I currently have implemented. I will definitely implement what you are suggesting (Tons of people have suggested it). However it will take a while to code. Let's hope it'll be in version 1.2!

Jay98d likes this.
  9. Offline

Jay98d

Alright, I will avoid you're plugin untill then, Amazing plugin though. I will be sure to use it when you update it however

Thank you for you're support, I hope you remain this helpful when this plugin enebiatly (excuse my horrible spelling) goes big!

10. I might code/release version 1.2 this weekend. My primary focus may be...

• Plot clear command
    • Rework config framework (maybe)
    • Add settings.yml to turn on/off "Enable protection ONLY in plots"
    • Anything else? :p

11. Offline

Jay98d

Awesome

heh heh heh

Well if you ask, So you can set A max number for plots a player can have
    Also A command to set a plot from bedrock to sky with (/plot <PlotName> max) :)

Do this and I will love you forever :p

12. I already have /plot expandUp <PlotName> which expands to sky limit. All I have to do is make an expandDown command :)

13. Offline

bobacadodl

Ideas:
    IMO, the top thing on your priority list should be economy support ;)
    -Temporary plots: plots that last for a limited amount of time after someone buys it.
    A feature you should add to marking after you finish economy support: let people on the server able to mark plots on their own, and the bigger the plot, the more they have to pay to own it! (self-serve protection!)

14. Economy support is a bit more complex, so it may be a while before it is implemented.

15. Offline

bobacadodl

I understand that it will probably take a while, but do you think you will implement the self-serve protection feature, because that would make this plugin even better than it already is :p

16. Yes, but I would need something to counter-balance noobs who claim half the map for their plot. I know you said, the bigger, the more they have to pay, but that will come with economy support; so I would need something else if I were to code it sooner.

17. Offline

Me_

Thanks! :)

18. Offline

senne97

hy does thise plugin needs support it is not working ? :'(

19. "this plugin is not working" is extremely vague. You might want to be more specific and post what exactly your problem is and perhaps the console log if you get errors there.

20. Offline

Verttex

Any update on PermissionsEx, please please please!

21. Offline

senne97

hy if somewane claims a plot its not protectid from ather players

22. Bump. A very humble one. Good job fire :D

23. Please read what I said when I last replied to you.

I will not tolerate people who choose to be vague with their responses; this is extremely inconvenient and a hassle for a plugin developer. Again, as stated above, please post more info on your problem.

You might want to try using the nodes I specified on the first post and see with they work with PEX. According to PEX's documentation, it is compatible with SuperPerms and thus should work with the code I currently have.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you try those nodes out and see if they work :)

24. Are Users aloud to own more plots. Because I don't want that one User has the whole plot field Owned

25. Offline

Verttex

Ill get right on it, ill respond with information.

26. Up until now, users are only allowed one plot for themselves at a time.

27. Offline

Nenman

When I put files into Minecraft_server.jar. Ant then open Start.bat.He shut down automaticly.?! Where is the problem?

28. Why are you complaining about this on my plugin thread? Do you even know that my plugin is causing the problem? Also, please read what I've stated many times before.

"this plugin is not working" is extremely vague. You might want to be more specific and post what exactly your problem is and perhaps the console log if you get errors there.

It's rather annoying for people like you to come on here and whine about a problem without giving me a clue as to what your problem even is. But before you continue, check your console and make sure my plugin is the one that's causing you errors. Chances are, it isn't and you haven't installed your server properly. You don't put files in your jar file. You run the server, it generates a plugin folder and then you put plugins in there.

Again, I won't spend time trying to help you with a problem that isn't related to my plugin.

29. Offline

PedroGouveia

How can I create a world for ignore it from the buildersplot?

30. Please read the first post on this thread where I explain all the commands.