Inactive [ADMN/SEC] AuthDB v2.3.6 - Database authentication and protection [1.1-1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CraftFire, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

CraftFire

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Try using the latest development build.
    http://build.craftfire.com/view/Cra...ild/artifact/target/authdb-2.3.7-SNAPSHOT.jar

3. Well. That's not what I mean. I meant like skip the whole login process in general for the usernames. For now, I just have guests able to place and break...which really isn't much of an issue since they can't move and we have residence protections.

So, be default does it automatically delay the register and login messages? I turned it in debug mode and it waits no seconds before sending it to the player. No matter if I set it to milliseconds or seconds.

@Also, at userNo99, users becoming invisble isn't a problem with this plugin. It happens to me occasionally even before I had this plugin.

4. Did you disable forced registration under the register node?

5. Offline

NotYetRated

Thanks for the reply!

When I remove the characters, I get message "Kicked because username contains bad characters" This is when trying to log in as "[BuildCraft]", to see if the bypass is working.

here is the relevent section of the advanced config file:

Code (Text):
    1. filter:
    2.     action: kick                                    # Action to perform when a username matches the filter. Options are kick and rename.
    3.     username: "`~!@#$%^&*()-=+{}|\\:;\"<,>.?/ "    # Characters and symbols to check for in usernames. We recommend leaving this as is.
    4.     password: "$&\\\""                              # Characters and symbols to check for in passwords. We recommend leaving this as is.
    5.     whitelist: Contex,Wulfspider,[RedPower],[BuildCraft],[IndustrialCraft]                    # Usernames to exclude from username and password filtering.
    [​IMG]

EDIT:

Turns out there is an issue with my formatting of the advanced config. Below is startup and the conifg in full.

http://pastebin.com/bnAWeZwV

http://pastebin.com/n0sKbW5X

Tried multiple ways of entering the whitelist names, all yelled at me for the comma....

6. Offline

Ajster1989

Can you please send me an example, because I guess I missed it completly, I am using the buddypress social network plugin for wordpress. is it tested with that?
    Thanks!

7. We never added support for BuddyPress, so unless it keeps the tables the same as in regular WordPress, it won't work.

8. That is because you are using invalid YAML markup in the whitelist line. [ and ] are what enclose YAML a lot of the time in lists, so it thinks you have multiple lists and invalid markup in that line, which you do.

You could try...

whitelist: [Contex,Wulfspider,[RedPower],[BuildCraft],[IndustrialCraft]]

9. Offline

NotYetRated

oooo I did not know, I will give that a shot, thanks.

10. I'm using a modded server, and someone just let me know that when they sign off when wearing IndustrialCraft's Nano or Quantum armor, it loses it's charge when they log back in. Surprinsgly, it doesn't do this with the electric tools. :confused:

EDIT: It's anything that's in the armor slots. If I put it in my inventory, it's perfectly fine.

11. Offline

Ajster1989

but how do I tell it that it's a wordpress database, will it know by it self? I see settings to tell it it's a phpbb database, but it doesn't say how the others should be typed.

12. You replace the phpbb part with wordpress. ;)

13. Offline

Serios

Wulfspider any news on AuthDB revrite progress? I can't find it on Github :)

14. Offline

DimDimka

I've just connected my WordPress mySQL database with AuthDB, so that users can register either on the site or on the minecraft server. It works great.
    But I've got a question. How can I make the user login also to be put into the columns user_nicename and display_name (look at the screenshot of phpMyAdmin) in my database? Because without these parametres user login is not being shown on the site after authorize.
    [​IMG]
    *4 accounts were registered via Wordpress, the 5th - via minecraft server.
    Sorry, if I've missed the question like this in the theme. I'm not English-speaking well.
    Waiting for you help :)

15. That is wierd indeed, are there any errors when inserting?
    The script is set to register Wordpress users with user_login, user_nicename and display_name, see code under.
    Code (Text):
    1. ps = MySQL.mysql.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO `" + Config.script_tableprefix + "users" + "` (`user_login`, `user_pass`, `user_nicename`, `user_email`, `user_registered`, `display_name`)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)", 1);
    2. ps.setString(1, player); //user_login
    3. ps.setString(2, passwordhashed); //user_pass
    4. ps.setString(3, player); //user_nicename
    5. ps.setString(4, email); //user_email
    6. ps.setString(5, realdate); //user_registered
    7. ps.setString(6, player); //display_name
    8. ps.executeUpdate();
    Could you check the log if there are any errors during registration? Set debug to true in the basic.yml as well, would help figuring out what could be wrong.

16. Offline

GrillGuth

Hey :)
    I am using AuthDB 2.3.7.267 with Bukkit 1.3.2-R0.1 (b2352). It seems to work, but I get this error whenever a player joins the game:
    Show Spoiler
    Code (Text):
    1. 2012-09-15 17:01:44 [INFO] Meister95[/**.***.**.**:*****] logged in with entity id 16032 at ([spielewiese] 624.7005618028105, 30.0, 1204.1276288812949)
    2. 2012-09-15 17:01:46 [INFO] Can not test connection as heartbeatsql is not set
    3. 2012-09-15 17:01:46 [INFO] Closing Connection[AuthDB.8] psReuse[59] psCreate[10] psSize[10]
    4. 2012-09-15 17:01:46 [INFO] DataSourcePool [AuthDB] grow; id[AuthDB.9] busy[10] max[20]
    5. 2012-09-15 17:01:46 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerLoginEvent to AuthDB
    6. org.bukkit.event.EventException
    7.     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:332)
    8.     at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    9.     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
    10.     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
    11.     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.attemptLogin(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:273)
    12.     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.d(NetLoginHandler.java:112)
    13.     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.c(NetLoginHandler.java:41)
    14.     at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnectionThread.a(DedicatedServerConnectionThread.java:44)
    15.     at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:29)
    16.     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:578)
    17.     at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.q(DedicatedServer.java:213)
    18.     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(MinecraftServer.java:474)
    19.     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:406)
    20.     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    21. Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: ERROR executing DML bindLog[] error[[SQLITE_CONSTRAINT]  Abort due to constraint violation (PRIMARY KEY must be unique)]
    22.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.dml.DmlBeanPersister.execute(DmlBeanPersister.java:116)
    23.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.dml.DmlBeanPersister.insert(DmlBeanPersister.java:76)
    24.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersistExecute.executeInsertBean(DefaultPersistExecute.java:91)
    25.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.PersistRequestBean.executeNow(PersistRequestBean.java:527)
    26.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.PersistRequestBean.executeOrQueue(PersistRequestBean.java:557)
    27.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersister.insert(DefaultPersister.java:404)
    28.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersister.saveVanillaInsert(DefaultPersister.java:377)
    29.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersister.saveVanillaRecurse(DefaultPersister.java:361)
    30.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersister.saveRecurse(DefaultPersister.java:308)
    31.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.DefaultPersister.save(DefaultPersister.java:282)
    32.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServer.save(DefaultServer.java:1577)
    33.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServer.save(DefaultServer.java:1567)
    34.     at com.authdb.util.databases.EBean.sync(EBean.java:105)
    35.     at com.authdb.util.databases.EBean.sync(EBean.java:88)
    36.     at com.authdb.listeners.AuthDBPlayerListener.onPlayerLogin(AuthDBPlayerListener.java:68)
    37.     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    38.     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    39.     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    40.     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    41.     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:330)
    42.     ... 13 more
    43. Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_CONSTRAINT]  Abort due to constraint violation (PRIMARY KEY must be unique)
    44.     at org.sqlite.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:383)
    45.     at org.sqlite.DB.newSQLException(DB.java:387)
    46.     at org.sqlite.DB.execute(DB.java:342)
    47.     at org.sqlite.DB.executeUpdate(DB.java:363)
    48.     at org.sqlite.PrepStmt.executeUpdate(PrepStmt.java:85)
    49.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.lib.sql.ExtendedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(ExtendedPreparedStatement.java:164)
    50.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.type.DataBind.executeUpdate(DataBind.java:74)
    51.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.dml.InsertHandler.execute(InsertHandler.java:155)
    52.     at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.persist.dml.DmlBeanPersister.execute(DmlBeanPersister.java:105)
    53.     ... 32 more

17. Offline

chikarkas36

is this project death please response??

18. AuthDB is not dead, we've put it into a "legacy mode", meaning we won't develop it further unless there are bugs that have to be fixed.
    We are currently working on a rewrite, it's taken months and there's still things to do, the rewrite will be using the same configuration and messages, all you have to do is replace it with your current AuthDB.
    This rewrite allows us to develop addons for AuthDB, or as we renamed it, "Odin".

These addons will provide functions such as private messaging from the script to your server, reading posts, using forum permissions and much more!

If you want to follow the progress on the rewrite check out Odin: https://github.com/CraftFire/Odin
    We're working on the library for script intergation currently, which we've called Bifrost: https://github.com/CraftFire/Bifrost
    We've also created our own library for logging, reading configurations, database handling, encryption and much more, this library is called CraftCommons: https://github.com/CraftFire/CraftCommons

Odin will be available for both Bukkit and Spout, so there is no need to worry!

So to put it short, no the project is not dead, we're working on rewrite for it.

Wulfspider likes this.
  19. Offline

fragger505

Same problem as dawon, sessions are being ignored by any player entering the server.
    AuthDB 2.3.7.288
    Bukkit 2377

20. Do you by any chance have online-mode set to true in the server.properties?

21. Offline

fragger505

Indeed I did, excuse me for being stupid.

22. Offline

fragger505

Okay, I've possibly found a new problem now.
    It seems that guests are able to take damage from mobs yet registered players do not.
    AuthDB 2.3.7.291
    Bukkit 2377

23. Not a problem. Registered users are not the same as unregistered users. The protection settings in the file only apply to unregistered users. It's that way to protect people from griefing registered user accounts.

24. Offline

fragger505

I'm still having problems. I've sandboxed the server by only running AuthDB.
    Registered users take no damage from mobs but guests do.

My config file is here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=sauj1NWH

However if you set "guest health: false" then registered players take damage.

AuthDB had a similar problem like this about a year ago I posted here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...rotection-1-1-1-2-5.19760/page-62#post-649085

Again using...
    AuthDB 2.3.7.291
    Bukkit 2377

25. Odd, I'll look into it, there might be some events we're missing.
    I'll let you know once I find the issue.

26. Offline

JohnPulse

Hello,
    2 Questions:

-The changelog for Build #293 says that I need to delete AuthDb.db. Can you confirm this information when using Joomla?

- Small issue, when not logged in, the chat is still viewed on DynMap (like passwords and such :) ). Is this an issue to be adressed with them?

Best regards,
    John

27. Ignore the #293 build, it was a simple test to check out an issue with the local cache, you don't need to do anything.
    DynMap, that issue hasn't been reported before, I will look into it, until then, use /login :)

28. Offline

JohnPulse

Thanks for the quick feedback!

I forgot to ask this earlier, but as less players play on my server ( :( ), I noticed an issue that I'm not sure that's from AuthDB or just from my local MySQL server.
    If no one connects to my server for about 8 to 10 hours, the connection to the DB is apparently lost. All the players that connect receive the message that his account is not created. One quick Bukkit reboot and the issue is resolve. Do you have any ideias to where I should look?

Regards,
    John

29. That would have be something related to the connection timeout setting for the MySQL user.
    If you have keepalive as false, that shouldn't happend.

I know that's no excuse, but we've fixed this reconnecting issue in the rewrite, but I'd suggest either setting no timeout for the MySQL user you're using, or setting keepalive to false (that will cause more lag).

30. Offline

JohnPulse

I have keepalive as True.
    My DB is running locally on the server, so for the time being you advice me to set it to False for now?
    Lag is always an issue of course, but if I don't check the server every few hours I can have a downtime from this.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Regards,
    John-