Inactive [ADMN/SEC] AuthDB v2.3.6 - Database authentication and protection [1.1-1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CraftFire, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

CraftFire

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Wulfspider

vB 4.1.7 is likely the same, but I haven't looked yet.

I have no intention on letting it die. It's just a matter of getting a team together that can work on it when needed. I may open up a variation of it though under a different name that is a little more broad to cover other types of auth. Either way, a completely rewrite would probably be done once I have a few more able team members.

3. Offline

djrazr

Wulfspider... got an little idea (its not mine :p) .. Well you only need auth, if minecraft is offline.. or u r' a little crack-user without money for a great game ..:S .. nevermind... BUT ... u dont need it if minecraft is online so: what about a little check - if the user has logged in in mc .. or is in offline-mode.. If hes in online-mode and authenticated.. u let him pass.. if hes not you will ask for an pw.. its that easy! ... To check if the mc acc is valid there are 2 possibilities... 1. a modded craftbukkit.. 2. a little trick with an php script (as seen here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...mixed-offline-online-mode-servers-1337.36073/) .. Would be very nice if you go forward with this! This would make this great plugin even more unique! (And i would spring u a beer' xD)

4. Offline

_bLah

There is already a plugin that does this.
    Authdb should be more like what it says it is. Mission accomplished. Don't add that shit.
    If a cracked player registered and then a paid player with the same name joins, what happens then?

5. Offline

Wulfspider

It's already in the plans to bypass the login command if a user is authenticated through minecraft.net, but I find the method they show there poorly made and overly complicated. There will be other methods using Spout and such as well to save a file locally on the user's computer that AuthDB could check against and simply allow them to login automatically after the first login.

6. Offline

djrazr

Which Plugin does this? Paid Players are trusted Players... in most cases they wont grief and if.. i have bb stick.. They shall pass whenever they want and if someone tries to login with namechanger he should fail doin this...

7. Offline

Wulfspider

Look at MixedAuthMode if you want to try.

8. Offline

_bLah

Again, I dont understand what will happen when a cracked player logs in with, for example, the name Goober and registers a password. Two days later a paid user with the name Goober comes across the server and tries to play where someone already set a password for Goober and has been playing for two days.

Will the paid player not be able to play here or will he get the cracked players things?
    If you do this to Authdb please find a way so that both a cracked and paid player can play using the same name without complications. Or, make mixed mode optional. :)

9. Offline

djrazr

Yeah thats the plugin i am referencing from .. but ... i like my authdb .. its linked to the usercontrolpanel i made :p .. Ans the author is not offering any configurations...
    _bLah ... Paid users ALWAYS have the major rights for this acc.. i mean they payed.. if someone has payed and is online.. a cracked cant connect.. and if a cracked is online, a paid kicks him out... If a cracked is overwritten by a paid.. then its the cracked' users fault.. i mean .. he hasnt buyed that xD

10. Offline

MalcolmLC

How would I go about configuring this plugin to work with SimplePress
    I have tried phpbb and mybb but I didn' t like them very much :(.

11. Offline

Wulfspider

I'd say you could probably configure AuthDB for WordPress for it to work with that, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't looked at SimplePress.

12. Offline

MalcolmLC

Alright
    Alright , Ill try to fudge around with when im done setting up my forum.

13. Offline

robxu9

Lovin AuthDB. :)

I have a problem though. The please enter your password or Hey! I know you! message keeps appearing before any other plugin, so it always gets hidden.
    I made a workaround by putting this at the /motd, but could you please force the message to be placed at the bottom?
    (delay?)

14. Offline

Wulfspider

There is a delay option. That may just be for the actual login/register messages though.

15. Offline

robxu9

Hm... that doesn't seem to do much for people who login really quickly. >_>

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't do much at all... :(

16. Offline

Krazy

This use MAC ADRESS? i need, much players hate my server and create infinite accounts for griffing :(

17. Offline

Wulfspider

Not possible.

18. Offline

23hz

I made a pull request on github that fixes the problem. Usernames are converted to lower case.
    Compiled and testet (still running) on my server.

WolwX likes this.
  19. Offline

WolwX

Do you have the number of revision to download or perhaps a direct download link ?

20. Offline

Wulfspider

Our Jenkins will have it as the latest build soon. Build 227.

23hz likes this.
  21. Offline

WolwX

22. Offline

Wulfspider

23. Offline

WolwX

That's ok now :)
    But your link wasn't ok when I tested before

Now the login by user having CAPS work, but there is problem with special caracters into password from the forum
    One of my user can use $ in his password

24. Offline

sillycliff512

i made a installation video for this please post it
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMeC022ML8
    part two will be done tomorrow

25. Offline

Dermenslof

hi

problem:
    Code:
    2011-11-07 16:18:59 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1131-g86b7fa8-b1337jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    2011-11-07 16:19:00 [SEVERE] ebean.properties not found
    2011-11-07 16:19:00 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\authdb-dev-SNAPSHOT.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:223)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:177)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:112)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error constructing com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServerFactory
        at com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServerFactory.createServerFactory(EbeanServerFactory.java:114)
        at com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServerFactory.<clinit>(EbeanServerFactory.java:57)
        ... 10 more
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error constructing com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServerFactory
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.api.ClassUtil.newInstance(ClassUtil.java:107)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.api.ClassUtil.newInstance(ClassUtil.java:94)
        at com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServerFactory.createServerFactory(EbeanServerFactory.java:112)
        ... 11 more
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Données et serveurs\Sav serveur minecraft\serveur Zorbicraft.fr 2011-11-06 08;04;41\serveur Zorbicraft.fr\McMyAdmin\Minecraft\craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar (Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.XmlConfigLoader.search(XmlConfigLoader.java:121)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.XmlConfigLoader.load(XmlConfigLoader.java:78)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.DefaultServerFactory.<init>(DefaultServerFactory.java:91)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.api.ClassUtil.newInstance(ClassUtil.java:104)
        ... 13 more
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Données et serveurs\Sav serveur minecraft\serveur Zorbicraft.fr 2011-11-06 08;04;41\serveur Zorbicraft.fr\McMyAdmin\Minecraft\craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar (Le chemin d’accès spécifié est introuvable)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.XmlConfigLoader.checkJar(XmlConfigLoader.java:176)
        at com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.core.XmlConfigLoader.search(XmlConfigLoader.java:110)
        ... 22 more
    you can help me?

26. Offline

aymanh

THANK YOU SO MUCH FIXING SMF BUG! works great now

27. Offline

Wulfspider

Don't use symbols in your Windows username that the server can't recognize?

28. Offline

Zombiemold

Permission EX seems to break AuthDB now. I don't have the permission to login, and since there aren't any permission nodes for AuthDB, I guess I am straight out of luck.

29. Offline

Wulfspider

There is and has been a link to show the permissions nodes in the thread's OP. AuthDB has had permission nodes since 2.3.0.

30. Offline

Zombiemold

Gah! you are right... that wiki really needs updating :D

31. Offline

Wulfspider

It's not high on my priority list right now. :p