Inactive [ADMN/SEC] AuthDB v2.3.6 - Database authentication and protection [1.1-1.4.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CraftFire, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Offline

CraftFire

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

awhileus

When people register, "Multi ID in one IP" seems to be a good idea to do. It is convenient to IP-Ban.

3. Offline

contex

Could you explain "Multi ID in one IP" a bit further? I don't know exactly what you mean.

4. Offline

Wulfspider

You are wanting to restrict the registration of usernames to 1 per IP, right? The only problem with this is that IP addresses change. I could get your IP address after you lose it and then be unable to register because you signed up using that. The IP address would probably have to be updated at each login.

5. Offline

KingPin

CB 678
    linux
    AuthDB 2.1.5
    script : Xenforo 1.0.1

getting following error when trying to register

6. Offline

Wulfspider

We have not checked nor updated support to CB 678. CB 678 is not a recommended build either.

7. Offline

KingPin

8. Offline

Wulfspider

I was basically saying we haven't looked at it yet to see what changed. Contex and I have both been busy this week, so not much has happened this week. Updates and fixes will be coming soon though; hopefully tomorrow.

I'm actually leaning toward a plugin clashing with AuthDB as I am not getting any errors with the latest 678 build.

Also, what does your script: section look like in the config.yml? We haven't added XenForo 1.0.1 yet to the supported versions. Edit: meh, apparently it's not checking versions correctly right now too... so this doesn't matter.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  9. Offline

KingPin

gotcha, makes sense :)

1.0.1 was mostly for the IPB importer. there were some basic template changes but no DB changes as far as I saw.

10. Offline

Wulfspider

Y
    Yeah, I didn't think there would be any DB changes, just saying that the version check in AuthDB doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Post your plugin list if you could please. I'd like to see if you are using any conflicting plugins.

11. Offline

awhileus

yes, That problem is a persistent problem for all IP. However, blocking access to IP restrictions can help a lot I think. Griefer most do not until they try to change the IP. If duplication is limited, most will find a different server.

This "IP search using the ID" function can be resolved, I will support this functionality in a web page. However, in most cases this will not have to.

i think too.

12. Offline

Wulfspider

Let me clarify something someone asked... we do not officially support other versions of scripts that aren't listed under the supported scripts. This is because things change which may cause them to not work. We will not say we support them if we haven't checked/tested to see if they are the same.

A good example of this is Vanilla forums... as they changed the SQL tables from uppercase to lowercase between versions. Encryption methods also may change... not likely in between sub-versions, but could. This could cause users to be unable to login on the forum/script you are using.

So basically, versions of scripts that we do not list as supported are to be used at your own risk.

13. Offline

da-vid

Awesome plugin, but is it possible to have the server change the Minecraft IGN's of users to their forum usernames after authenticating?

14. Offline

contex

I can change the display name (in chat) and I will look into how to change the name over their head. However, 2.2.0 will add an /link option.
    Player named "playername1" can then join the server, type /link playername2 <password for playername2> and it will automaticly link "playername1" with the forum name "playername2".
    When playername1 leaves the server and rejoins he will be prompted to type in the password for "playername2".

Is this something that you had in mind?

15. Offline

Wulfspider

I don't think all players would want this forced on them, but could give the server owner or players the option?

16. Offline

da-vid

Yeah, so if "mcguy123" authenticates with his account "forumguy123" on a remote MySQL database, he is now seen as forumguy123 in game rather than mcguy123.

I would like to see this as a serverwide option. This way, the forum or website is more of the unified "user system" for users' accounts.

17. Offline

Wulfspider

Sure, we can do that.

18. Offline

contex

That will be possible in 2.2.0, however it does not rename the name of the player (yet).

19. Offline

Wulfspider

He means... it only changes their display name, not their actual username.

20. Offline

Don Redhorse

totally agree.. thanks..

21. Offline

Snip3d

Could anyone help me out a bit?

I'm trying to integrate authdb with phpbb using mysql and everything seemed to be going good. I got the forums setup, and registered my account on the forums. I logged in ingame and it detected I was registered but when I type my password to login it tells me "invalid password". I'm grabbing the password from the table phpbb_users under the user_password section. The user_password section contains a hashed password of $C23452341123vdsO3k/zopSQuHx3f/2B5d.P6mTl0. Changed a few lettters just to make sure.

My database is called "forum" and here is part of my config.

Code:
      database:
        driver: mysql
        host: localhost
        port: 3306
        username: root
        password: MYREALPASSWORD
        name: forum
        prefix: phpbb_
      script:
        name: phpBB
        version: 3.0.8
      customdb:
        enabled: true
        table: phpbb_users
        userfield: username_clean
        passfield: user_password
        emailfield: user_email
        encryption: md5

Also I can't register new accounts ingame either I get the following error.

Code:
    [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
    07:23:34 [INFO] Loading properties
    07:23:34 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    07:23:34 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    07:23:34 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Be
    ware.
    07:23:34 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet a
    ccess, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username the
    y choose.
    07:23:34 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.set
    tings file.
    07:23:34 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-612-
    g4c7a9e7-b617jnks (MC: 1.4)
    07:23:34 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    07:23:34 [INFO] Preparing start region
    07:23:34 [INFO] 144 recipes
    07:23:36 [INFO] [AuthDB] 54 user registrations in database
    07:23:36 [INFO] [AuthDB] AuthDB plugin 2.1.5 is enabled
    07:23:36 [INFO] [AuthDB] AuthDB is developed by CraftFire <[email protected]>
    07:23:36 [WARNING] Bukkit version is not the recommended build for Essentials.
    07:23:36 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.1.36 maintained by Zenexer, ementalo,
    Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    07:23:36 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is set for every 10
    minutes!
    07:23:36 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5) is enabled!
    07:23:36 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.1.36 maintained by Zenexer, ement
    alo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo and ceulemans.
    07:23:36 [INFO] Fake Permissions version 2.5.1 is enabled!
    07:23:36 [INFO] [HeroChat] HeroChat version 4.8.11 enabled.
    07:23:36 [INFO] [HeroChat] Permissions 2.5.1 found.
    07:23:36 [INFO] [iConomy] Logging is currently disabled.
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomy] v4.65 (Kenzi) loaded.
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomy] Developed by: [Nijikokun, Coelho]
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomy] hooked into Permissions.
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] version 2.11 initialized!
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] iConomy version 4.65 loaded.
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Permissions version 2.5.1 loaded.
    07:23:39 [INFO] [iConomyChestShop] Lockette version 1.3.4 loaded.
    07:23:39 [INFO] Lockette version 1.3.4 is being enabled!  Yay!
    07:23:39 [INFO] Lockette: Detected craftbukkit build [617] ok.
    07:23:39 [INFO] Lockette: Linked to GroupManager plugin version 1.0(alpha-5)
    07:23:39 [INFO] Lockette: Ready to protect your containers.
    07:23:39 [INFO] Done (0.528s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    07:24:05 [INFO] Snipedz [/127.0.0.1:49575] logged in with entity id 164
    07:32:08 [INFO] Notch has logged in for the first time.
    07:32:08 [INFO] Notch [/127.0.0.1:49643] logged in with entity id 184
    07:32:13 [SEVERE] java.sql.SQLException: Field 'user_permissions' doesn't have a
     default value
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.j
    ava:1073)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:
    3603)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:
    3535)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1989)

07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:21
    50)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.
    java:2626)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(Prep
    aredStatement.java:2119)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Prepar
    edStatement.java:2415)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Prepar
    edStatement.java:2333)
    edStatement.java:2318)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.authdb.scripts.Custom.adduser(Custom.java:44)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.authdb.util.Util.CheckScript(Util.java:84)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.authdb.AuthDB.register(AuthDB.java:220)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at com.authdb.listeners.AuthDBPlayerListener.onPlayerCom
    mandPreprocess(AuthDBPlayerListener.java:301)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$5.execute(Jav
    aPluginLoader.java:193)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:59)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:255)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHand
    ler.java:586)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:557)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:551)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.
    java:198)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:72)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :100)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:368)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:283)
    07:32:13 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:375)

22. Offline

evilserge

(Its the answer on that /\ post)
    |
    Field 'user_permissions' doesn't have a
    default value
    Read carefully

23. Offline

Snip3d

EDIT: I'm glad you thought you knew what you were talking about but that error was caused by something completely different.

I fixed it. I had my username, passfield and email field input wrong and I didn't realize authbb automaticly inserted php_ before the tables name.

I will leave my post up just to help someone in the future if they have this problem.

24. Offline

contex

You need to disable custom database if you want to use a script, for phpBB just type leave it as you have and change true to false:

customdb: enabled: true //to false

25. Offline

Wulfspider

The prefix phpbb_ is the default prefix in the AuthDB config.yml as most users use phpBB and do not typically change the database table prefix from the default, phpbb_. If you aren't using a prefix, then you need to remove it.

To add to what contex said, the script section is for use with a script such as phpBB, vBulletin, Drupal, etc. The customdb section of the config.yml is for use with a custom database table that you made or another script that we do not support officially. If you are using a script that we support, then you need to set customdb: enabled: to false instead of true. The customdb values do not matter when that whole section is disabled.

26. Offline

Snip3d

Very helpful posts

Thank you for taking the time to actually reply and explain a few things I was confused about.

I'm looking forward to being able to ban through the website. Any idea on when that feature will be fully implemented?

We are on windows server 2008. I hope to see a fix soon.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  27. Offline

contex

Hopefully by the end of this week.

28. Offline

Snip3d

New problem.

I just made the switch to phpbb integration fully but when users try to login on the minecraft server after registering on the forums, it is case sensitive.

Is there a way to turn off case sensitivity?

29. Offline

Wulfspider

Are you saying their username is case sensitive or their password?

We are working on something in regards to the username. The issue with that is that, for example, Bob is not the same as bob, boB, BOB, or bOb on a Linux server. Each is counted as a different player and the Minecraft server makes a .dat file for each.

We have not found any issues with passwords having problems with capital letters, only the & symbol if used in them.

30. Offline

Snip3d

User names are the problem.

For example the user "Ernestgaskin" needed his name changed on the forums to "ernestgaskin" to be able to login ingame.

31. Offline

Wulfspider

If you are running the server on Linux, then technically it's because the Minecraft server thinks they are different players. We are working something for this in an upcoming version.

There does seem to be an issue with case sensitivity with AuthDB too though. We'll have it fixed in the next version.