Inactive [ADMN/RPG] Jail - Jail bad players

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

Jail

This plugins adds Jail to your minecraft server. Admins can define several jails and then jail/unjail people or jail them on time basis. Plugin also offers wide variety of protections, so players won't escape out of your jail.

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/jail/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

shadydeath999

might it be the sqllite jar i use?

edit: updated the sqllitedbc and runs good

3. Offline

matejdro

What errors exactly?

I think that most of these issues are caused by my (horrible?) SQL implementation, so I'm thinking about switching to Persistence or something else that will handle database for me.

4. Offline

shadydeath999

i fixed it by updating the sql db jar

5. Offline

ToxisHikaro

doesn't work for me, meybie becouse i didnt used sqllite or something( i downloaded sqllite file) :((

6. Offline

spoonikle

so hows "RP support" coming along?

eh, scratch that i don't need it right away. how does a month sound? : P

7. Offline

SeeD419

Hmm...latest jail.jar and latest craftbukkit.

Getting a console error on startup. I'd post it but XTerminal won't let me copy and paste -_-

Not sure why...if i find anything else out, I'll let you know.

8. Offline

Vittek

Had to disable the plugin since for some reason when I unjailed people their "Jail: true" status in the userdata directory didn't change. So they couldn't use any commands anymore. CB 341 Jail 0.5 with MySQL

9. Offline

matejdro

@SeeD419 you can make printscreen or whatever is this called in linux.

@Vittek What do you mean? I don't store anything to userdata directory.

@spoonikle possibly this week, but i can't make any promises.

10. Offline

iSushi

Suggestion: Could you add a Todo list?

11. Offline

matejdro

Do you mean for the Jail or for the RP plugin?

12. Offline

iSushi

If you got two, add one for both. :p
    It's easier to stay updated and predict whats coming for us server runners/users instead of reading long sites of comments. It might be a bit work, but at least I would appriciate it.

13. Offline

selrahcrenyar

Will it conflict with essentialsban?

14. Offline

matejdro

What do you mean? Banning will prevent player from connecting, while jail handles connected players.

15. Offline

iSushi

Thanks Matejdro :D

16. Offline

SeeD419

This kills 50% of my plugins from loading on startup.

I was forced to remove it.

null pointer exception. CraftServer.getWorld

17. Offline

matejdro

Can you at least make a screenshot of error? These two words don't tell me anything.

EDIT: Updated my TODO list and updated FAQ about command protection. Quote from the first post:

18. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

I have a problem with 0.5 with the times on /jailcheck, they are never accurate. The problem was present in 0.4 also. The time with /jailcheck is always randomly higher than the actual time left (I've seen from being 20 mins too high to 700 mins higher). The time players see on /jailstatus is always accurate though. [​IMG]

19. Offline

Bilkokuya

For some reason Essentials thought it was a smart idea to add a /jail system to their EssentialsBan.

I'm also getting problems with Jail v0.5. Unfortunately it's not dropping any errors, it just freezes my client when trying to access the /plugins command; and in-game refuses to perform the jail commands (with the odd exception).

EDIT: Sorry, I'm getting issues with Jail v0.5 when NOT using MySQL. When connected to the MySQL database, it works fairly well.

20. Offline

Smashdex

Does this conflict with WorldGuard Protection?

21. Offline

matejdro

EDIT: Updated

This is probably last release with SQL (i will be moving plugin to the peristence, which would also be used as official bukkit data storage). That's why i added backup command for easy data transfer (use /backup before persistence update and use /restore after update).

Also, source is now included with the archive.

I think that preparations are now done and i can continue with RP plugin and Persistence.

Oh, you also need latest CraftBukkit for that release to work.

22. Offline

stavos

When I had jail 0.5.0 I got zero errors on load. Now I get this error when i Updated just the jail.jar file to 0.5.1

Nothing else changed on my server since then. buggy build or is it my issue? You thoughts?
    [​IMG]

23. Offline

shadydeath999

maybe the newer version is compiled with a newer build?

24. Offline

Vaupell

Ty for update.

works with 405 ;)

25. Offline

matejdro

You need CraftBukkit build from yesterday or newer. I'm not completely sure what is the needed version number.

stavos likes this.
  26. Offline

Spathizilla

Edit: it seems if you do not remake the jail db/settings from an older version, it will fail to load. I deleted Jail.properties, dbversion and jail.sqllite and it loads on 405 with no errors. I will remake the jail and restart the server to see if there is an issue there.

Or I would if minecraft.net wasnt broke as always.

---------------------------

With the latest recommended craftbukkit (git-Bukkit-0.0.0-428-g51dd641-b53jnks) and also build 405 (git-Bukkit-0.0.0-437-g9de610a-b405jnks), the plugin fails to load with:

27. Offline

greekcow1212

were can i get the newest build of craftbukkit

28. Offline

Spathizilla

After remaking the jail, I tried to jail myself (which worked before) and I got this:

Gonna throw the server through a restart to see if it will work after a reload. I've had other plugins which seem to fail after creating an area until after a restart.

29. Offline

Simas

But how add this to VPS? I need to instal mysql to VPS?

30. Offline

Spathizilla

31. Offline

Simas

Thanks