[ADMN] PlugMan - In-Game and Console Plugin Manager [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Offline

bekvon

MOVED TO DEV BUKKIT!
    Project has been continued by ryanclancy000 at dev-bukkit here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/plugman/

PlugMan - A Bukkit Plugin Manager
    Current Version: v1.3.2

Features:
    • Enable/Disable/Reload Plugins on the fly.
    • All commands work on the server console.
    • List plugins and show their status in green (enabled) or red (disabled) without client crashes.
    • Get plugin info such as the version, author(s), and description.
    • Permissions support (not required though).
    • List the commands a plugin has registered.
    • Describe the usage of a plugins commands.
    Commands:

• /plugman list <Page> - lists all plugins loaded on the server. Page is optional
    • /plugman vlist <Page> - lists all plugins loaded with their version next to them. Page is optional
    • /plugman load <PluginName> - load a new plugin.
    • /plugman disable <PluginName> - disables a plugin.
    • /plugman enable <PluginName> - enables a plugin
    • /plugman info <PluginName> - shows the version, author, description and status of the plugin.
    • /plugman reload <PluginName> - disables and then re-enables a plugin.
    • /plugman usage <PluginName> - gets all the commands a plugin has registered.
    • /plugman describe <CommandName> <PluginName> - describe a command a plugin has registered.
    Permissions:

PlugMan will use the Permissions plugin automatically if found. If Permissions is not found, it will simple give server OPs full permission and everyone else nothing.

Permission Nodes:
    • 'plugman.list' - gives the ability to use /plugman "list" and "info"
    • 'plugman.describe' - gives the ability to use /plugman "usage" and "describe"
    • 'plugman.admin' - give the ability to use all commands.
    ChangeLog:
    v1.3.2 - 8/16/2011
    - Update for new bukkit permissions.

v1.3 - 3/19/2011
    - Rebuilt against latest Recommended CB (556).
    - Added ability to list plugins with pages.
    - Added ability to list plugins with version numbers next to each plugin.

Change Log (open)

v1.2.2 - 2/28/2011
    - Rebuilt against latest recommended craftbukkit build (440 as of now).
    - Changed to a static download link.

v1.2.1 - 2/23/2011
    - Changed namespace to no longer use com.bukkit in preparation for com.bukkit being sealed.

v1.2 - 2/21/2011
    - Added the "usage" and "describe" commands to allow plugman to list all the commands a plugin has registered.

v1.1 - 2/21/2011
    - Fixed minor bug causing a plugin to not be enabled on load if the jar filename was different then the plugin name.

v1.0 - 2/21/2011
    - Initial Release.

Downloads:
    PlugMan.jar

Source: GitHub

2. Offline

ArmEagle

Hmm, maybe I did indeed forget the most obvious option.. Yes indeed, sorry for the false report there :).

Thanks for this plugin. It makes checking versions, etc a lot easier for me. Though to be honest I hope this will be a core feature of bukkit one day (with them putting pressure on plugin developers to use the right format to get all the info from scripts).

I'm not really sure how useful it would be. But maybe a multipage line-by-line version listing of every plugin would be handy to have (so every plugin name and its version shows on a separate line, printing at most X lines a time, page number specified with the command).

3. Offline

Floks

That's pretty unfortunate. I notice that when I start craftbukkit, it loads the plugins. Is there no way for craftbukkit to disable them without the plugin code? I figured it would be something simple like disabling the jar. Thanks for the plugin though.

4. Offline

bekvon

No, theres no real sane way to do it... Maybe, it could be done somehow by modifying some of bukkits code, but I don't really know much about that...

lol, glad you got it working, It is strange how sometimes the most obvious things are the hardest to find. Kinda like a hiding in plain sight sort of thing :)

I may do a multi-line page thing, It would be more useful. I'll try to do that when i get some time :)
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 4:54 AM ---
    This has been tested and works fine under CB 493.

5. Offline

Maskur

Thank you for this plugin, I tested it with various plugins and it worked like a charm! Finally I can change configs without rebooting :)

6. Offline

MacG32

Confirmed working with build #556. [​IMG]

7. Offline

ksevelyar

And their versions, please.

8. Offline

bekvon

Awesome :) thanks for testing.

You mean in the list itself? Mmm, could prolly do that, but if you just wana know the version for a single plugin use /plugman info [PluginName]

Il add a /plugman vlist command for versions when I get a chance.

9. Offline

bekvon

Released new version (v1.3), both of these are implemented. You can list plugins by page by putting a page number after the list command. You can also use /plugman vlist to list with version number. vlist can also have a page number. If you leave off the page number, it will instead list all plugins.

10. Offline

ksevelyar

Thank you very much.

11. Offline

davr

Half the time I load a new plugin, it doesn't fully work. And half the time I disable a plugin, it doesn't fully disable. I'm wondering if there's anything you can do about this, or if it's just a case of plugin authors not following the spec, or bukkit not exposing everything needed for you to completely load/unload a plugin? Other than that, it's a useful tool.

12. Offline

bekvon

Its usually the plugin authors fault. The only thing this plugin does is tell the other plugin to disable / enable. Its up to the other plugin to actually shut itself down or start itself up. Its a bit of bukkits fault too for not giving plugin authors a way to unregister events, which would make disabling much easier......

13. Offline

Kainzo

Giving this a test soon!

14. Offline

Jellyfrog

493 not supported?

Code:
    23:04:47 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    23:04:47 [INFO] Loading properties
    23:04:47 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    23:04:47 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-493-g8b5496e-b493jnks (MC: 1.3)
    23:04:47 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    23:04:47 [INFO] Preparing start region
    23:04:48 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.4] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    23:04:48 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/PlugMan.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/plugin/UnknownDependencyException
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:72)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
            ... 11 more

531 works fine tho :)

15. Offline

bekvon

It used to work on 493... guess recent changes have made that not so any more... well, thanks for that info :)

16. Offline

Greylocke

fyi - working on [600]

SirMustachio likes this.
  17. Offline

bekvon

Awesome! thanks for testing. One less mod to update to 600/602. :)

18. Thx for the update.

19. Offline

charlie k-j

Does it work on 617?

20. Offline

RazMaTaz

Its been working for me.

21. Offline

Alex Berndt

617 seems a little iffy, for eg /plugman list doesn't work for me

22. Would it be possible to default list and info to everyone when Permissions is not present, basically assume plugman.list for everyone?

23. Offline

msw1

Help, I am an admin on my server with '*' permissions yet it says I dont have permission for this. I have CraftBukkit 677 and just downloaded the latest version of this.

24. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

If I disable a plugin, will it stay disabled after a restart?

25. Offline

Psycho Robot

No. Restarting disables then enables all plugins, and there is no way for plugman to manage which plugins to stop from re-enabling, because it itself is not enabled!

26. Offline

lolligertyp

I have some problems with BigBrother, so I wonna disable it:
    Code:
    /plugman disable BigBrother
    Disabled: [BigBrother]
    Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BigBrother
    Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to BigBrother
    Its not diabling BigBrother?!
    And after a few test, I can't dis/enable plugins generally!
    CB: 733

27. Offline

ArmEagle

There's a bit of a problem with the way plugins are coded by default. CraftBukkit isn't actually disabling the plugins. Yes, a plugin has the 'onDisable' handler. But then it's left to the plugin developer to actually have the plugin not do anything after it is disabled. And not all developers do that.

28. Offline

SuicideHotline

is this working properly on CB#733? i would love something to keep track of my plugins(since i got 30+) and list the version numbers. its hard to keep track as a lot of them dont list the version in the console when loading. and doesnt essitinals have an option to enable / disable / reload all plugins? i have never used it but ive read people mention it before.

29. Offline

spunkiie

OMG

This plugin r0x. TY

btw: works fine on #733

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  30. Offline

icomeinpieces

using CB 733 and plugman 1.3.
    plugman says it disables a plugin i specify but then doesn't (functions seem to still continue to work)
    example: i disabled a plugin called glowstonedrop and glowstones still drop instead of the normal dust
    the only real exception to this rule is permissions, which when i issue the reload command on it will disable the plugin but say i don't have permission to enable it (no one on my server has the minecraft default OP status)

31. Offline

ArmEagle

It is up to the plugin itself to actually disable itself. All Bukkit does is give plugins calls they COULD use to disable themselves. But some developers just don't use that.