[ADMN] PlgSetspawn v5.0 - /setspawn and /spawn for OPs [1.4]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Plague, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Plague

PlgSetspawn - Plugin for /setspawn and /spawn only:
    Version: v5.0

This plugin just gives /setspawn to OPs and /spawn to all, nothing more nothing less.
    It uses bukkit internal permission system.
    As in all my plugins, you can now edit the name of commands in plugin.yml.

Permissions:
    • plgsetspawn.spawn for /spawn command (default all)
    • plgsetspawn.setspawn for /setspawn command (default op)

Download(source inside)

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 5.0:
    • Added bukkit permissions (spawn for all, setspawn for OPs by default)
    • Thanks @McAndze for showing me how to implement them easily :)
    Version 4.1
    • updated internals, should work on every MC build supported by bukkit now
    Version 4.0
    • uses onComand - CB 454+ compatible
    • you can now edit plugin.yml and change command names via "aliases:"
    Version 3.0
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.3 and craftbukkit 432
    Version 2.1
    • /spawn for everyone, /setspawn for OPs
    Version 2.0
    • updated craftbukkit API
    • you now /spawn on the exact location even if there are blocks above
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

Plague

really swamped with work, so I don't really see it happening anytime soon :/
    that's how it works

3. Offline

Zenophobe

I moved spawn to a different location now i can reset it to another... any ideas.. bukkit 1139 work first time.

4. Offline

Plague

I don't get the question.
    And I never tested on 1.8, but there should be no change for this plugin.

5. Offline

McAndze

Well I was bored, and I just spoke to Plague. Somehow that lead me here..
    I made a build of this plugin with superperms. May I release it here? All credit still goes to you, I added 5~ lines of code or something.
    The plugin works the same as before, so unless you want to customize permissions, you don't have to do anything.

6. Offline

Plague

I don't want permissions and supporting them in my thread would be a pain for you, the best would be to make a new release and I'll add a link to that in my first post.

7. Offline

McAndze

I was talking about Bukkit's built-in permissions. As far as I can tell, you were planning on implementing them?

8. Offline

Plague

Oh! Okay send me the patch I'll take a look at it.

9. Offline

McAndze

PlgSetspawn - With Bukkit Permissions.

I was asked, by Plague, to upload this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20032339/PlgSetspawn.jar

It's a very slightly modified version of PlgSetspawn to support Bukkit-permissions. This is totally optional, and will work exactly as before, if you don't modify the permissions.

Here are the permission nodes:
    plgsetspawn.spawn - Gives the player permission to use /plg_spawn. This is "true" by default for everyone.
    plgsetspawn.setspawn - Gives the player permission to use /plg_setspawn. This is "true" by default for OP's.

All credit goes to Plague. My changes are very minor.

- McAndze

10. Offline

Plague

Thanks, I'll merge this when I get to my computer and reupload in the main post with credit.

11. Offline

Zonkil9

Hi ! Is that plugin works on 1185 bukkit version ? Or maybe you will release new version ? When ?

12. Offline

Plague

Now :)

13. Offline

Zonkil9

Haha ! You're boss ! Thanks very much !

14. Offline

Plague

Version 5.0:
    • Added bukkit permissions
    Thanks @McAndze for showing me how to implement them easily

There's only one version to download now.

@Zonkil9 maybe you should update again :D but it works the same, just uses permissions now

15. Offline

Bonzobaker

GREAT MOD!

I use it with every server I'm in. If they don't have it I suggest it and it gets installed!

16. I have versions of the [1185] and plugin sets only spawn when you enter the command / spawn but when they die or the appearance of the first time on the server it will appear in a different place

17. Offline

Plague

not true, just tested it

18. I checked 3 times and works just as described above. latest version is certainly in the download?

19. Offline

Plague

well unless you mean different place as 15 blocks away, which is the problem I described like 10 times, just above your post...

20. Underestimation of the problem that will not make it disappear. Your plugin does not work properly. I used to use it, works fine, but now you can not rely on him, I have the plugin Badwater, and I can not afford to spawn was at random.
    Do worldGuard can affect your plugin?

21. Offline

Plague

you are really now starting to annoy me, RANDOM spawn is the spawn that is in minecraft. Thats NORMAL.
    If you do not want a normal spawn, then use some plugin that changes the default behaviour.

22. I'm sorry, I did not want to annoy you. You should take some calming herbs if you irritate a few posts. Adhere to your advice and look for another plugin.

23. Offline

Plague

right because telling me "xout plugi does not work properly" which is not even true is just a lovely statement right?

24. Offline

Zonkil9

That's very interesting. I had a little bug in older version - I was spawning in tree sometimes ^^ In 5.0 I don't have that problem. Thanks for repair it ^^

25. Offline

Anthony13

thx for this great plugin, the old /spawn /spawnset doesnt work, ive used this couple times this past month to get it at the r8 spot, no bugs here... :D keep up the good work

26. Offline

cybernetamd

There is one bug I seen, if you restart or shut down the bukkit server. When you turn it back on you have to reset the spawn point for the plugin each time by doing /setspawn.

27. Offline

Plague

huh? spawn is stored inside the world save file

28. Offline

Tolerance

Really? That doesn't happen with me. Try removing and re-adding the plugin.

29. Offline

cybernetamd

It's very weird, Maybe it doesn't like multiverse for world handling, but I did try to remove and readd the plugin but no dice. Each time I shut down the server, I have to readd the /setspawn again. Its very odd, but still testing.
    Cheers

30. Offline

Anthony13

i do c one bug in the server, when someone dies or like using the "/kill" cmd, it puts u over...from facing in the direction of the spawn gives u..its 10 blocks forward, 1 block to the right. in this case, where i have mine at, i have the spawn to locate in a small building on the ground and i have another building which is biger than the spawn which is a corner from of the 2 buildings, so it sends me 10 blocks forward, 1 block to the right which theres a 9foot block up which is the building and spawns me on top of my building.

btw, cmd /plg_setspawn rocks..:D

31. Offline

Clockwork

/setspawn sets my spawn position, and using /spawn goes directly to that place. But new players do not spawn where the spawn is set (instead a lot of blocks above the spawn location and several blocks away).