[ADMN] PlgLogCmd v2.0 - log player commands [1.4]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Plague, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Plague

PlgLogCmd - log player commands
    Version: v2.0

Any command a player types in (/xxxxx) this plugin logs into server console. That's it!
    Done on request by @Brock Blocking Samson

Features:
    Logs all commands the player types in.

Download (source code in the .jar)

[​IMG]

Changelog:
    Version 2.0
    • updated to new bukkit API
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

cronikkk

Very simple but could be helpful :) Maybe have it save in a .log file too :p I was thinking about doing that as well (the log file)

3. Offline

crysis992

Thats awesome, finally i have all commands in my IRC admin channel, and not only the essentials commands.
    Thank you so much =)

[​IMG]

4. Offline

spunkiie

Yeah, it misses a separated .log

5. Offline

ashour

i dont get how to see the commands help??

6. Offline

captainawesome7

@Plague Thanks so much for this, works perfectly :)

7. Offline

Plague

I could make a separate log version... But I don't have time this week much.

8. Offline

ashour

how did u get that page? i put the plugin in my plugin folodor start the server and i dont know how to acces this? help?

9. Offline

crysis992

I just wanted to show with that screenshot that my Admin-Channel show now all commands and not only the Essentials commands.
    This "Admin Channel" info is my own plugin, no chance that i release it :)

10. Offline

lolligertyp

Can you censor the Command /login password ?

11. Offline

Plague

/login is not a standard thing, this would mean I'd have to censor it for all plugins that use some passwords
    furthermore, when you use any password ingame, you are giving your password to the administrator of the server. Once you have access to server itself there is no sense in hiding the password, since the admin can get to it anyway.

12. Offline

lolligertyp

13. Offline

Plague

Huh?? Of course I can replace it but what does it give you? IF an admin chooses to he will use a plugin that just catches /login commands and prints that himself.

14. Offline

piousminion

Does it also log them to server.log? If so this would be perfect. None of the plugins of this nature specify whether or not they do. :/

EDIT: I too would like an option for certain commands to not be logged, especially /login. I am the only admin with access to the server logs and it's unlikely that anyone else will ever see them, but I still don't like the idea of storing passwords in plaintext.

15. Offline

Plague

Everything in server console is logged to server.log. That's why nobody states it explicitely.
    Sure, having a file where you can specify which commands not to log is a proper way. But I'm too lazy to support config files in my plugins.

16. Offline

piousminion

This is not always true. You most certainly can have things printed to the console and not to the server.log. That's why I asked.

Fair enough.

17. Offline

Plague

How do I change that? I could use this feature.

18. Offline

Andrewkroger1

Hia,
    Is it possible to add (instead of CONSOLE: andrewkroger1 tried to use command /home)
    Andrewkroger1 used /home
    And
    Andrewkroger1 didn't have permission to use //wand
    This will help a lot to see what my players get up to,
    Ps your plugins are great

19. Offline

Plague

The problem is that I don't have the access to the result, so I do not know whether or not the command was successfully executed. I wanted to have it like you say, but had to do the "tried to use" because that's really the only thing I know, he tried to use it (aka he typed it).

20. Offline

shavid

Be cool if could get MySql support for this - looks a good plugin at base level.

21. Offline

Plague

with sql it would not be a base plugin, would it.

22. Offline

dark_hunter

@Plague, so keen to use this, however is there anyway to mask some of the command's used such as Authme?

23. Offline

Plague

no, if you have physical access to server console, why bother?

24. Offline

dark_hunter

Can never be too safe, and when it comes to people trying to hack your server.

25. Offline

sbeex

+1 ! You have to add this function to secure it, for this reason I used another plugin because yours is not enough secured. Admins don't have to know password of players.

26. Offline

Plague

You are not talking about security. Once someone has acces to the server console, the server is not secure not matter what you do.

Fortunately, I do not do this for money or for any boss, so unlike the real job, I can just ignore this requests and let you think that you are secure when not logging something. ;)

27. Offline

dark_hunter

It's common sense to hide a password if people have access to the console or not.

28. Offline

Plague

that's just covering your ass when you accidentally get the logs out, not security precaution.

29. Offline

dark_hunter

What? Isn't the whole idea of being a plugin dev or any dev for that matter is to make your plugin work with others, if the person is using it? I don't think its covering my ass, I think its you just being lazy at the request of doing it? But if I have missed the point, then do tell please.

30. Offline

Plague

Of course that I'm lazy to do that, I'm not arguing that.

I'm just trying to explain that not showing passwords in the log does not make the server any more secure. That's just something that many people think and then have a false sense of security.

It's like the one that create .bat file that wanted password to run the server. That's also not increasing security.