[ADMN/MISC/RPG] SkinsStuff 1.0.0 - Control (NPC) Skins and Capes [CB1.2.5-R4.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taces, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Offline

Taces

SkinsStuff
    - The Skin, Cape, NPC-Skin and NPC-Cape handling plugin -
    Why should you use two different plugins to handle all your skins and cape stuff, when it would be surprisingly simple to make one plugin that contains all this features? I asked myself this question and i couldn't find an answere, so i started developing such a plugin and here's my result: SkinsStuff

Features:
    • Set your skin and the skin of other player
    • Set your cape and the cape of others
    • Set NPCs skin and cape
    • Completely configureable messages
    Commands:
    • /skin <name> (URL)
    • /cape <name> (URL)
    • /nskin (URL)
    • /ncape (URL)
    Command Explanation:

/skin <name> (URL)
    When you want to set your own skin just type "/skin www.xyz.com/abc.png" and when you want to set the skin of Player "def" use "/skin def www.xyz.com/abc.png"

/cape<name> (URL)
    When you want to set your own cape just type "/cape www.xyz.com/abc.png" and when you want to set the cape of Player "def" use "/cape def www.xyz.com/abc.png"

/nskin (URL) and /ncape (URL)
    Use this two commands as explained above. You may wonder how the plugin knows which NPC shall get the skin. Well, the answer is very simple: The skin/cape change will affect the currently selected NPC. So just normally rightcklick a NPC from Citizens as you always do to set it's text or other things and give him his skin/cape in the same way!

Permissions-Nodes:
    In times where every Server-Admin wants to have as much control as he can ;) this plugin has a permissions-node for every command.
    • skinsStuff.ownSkin
    • skinsStuff.otherSkin
    • skinsStuff.ownCape
    • skinsStuff.otherCape
    • skinsStuff.npcCape
    • skinsStuff.npcSkin
    I'm using Vault to check if the Player has the permission to use the command, that's why you need to have Vault on your server. You can donwload it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/vault/

Completely Configurable:
    A problem of all plugin writer is: How can i send the player messages, when i don't know which language he may speak. Most of the people speak, or at least understand, english, but what is with those who can't understand english? Here's my solution:
    You can configure all messages in the config.yml, so just transalte the pre-configured messages as you want, transalte it to your language or just change them because you don't like what i wrote ;)
    Another nice feature is, that all skin and cape links are stored in the config.yml, so that you can modify them manually if you want!

Notice:
    The skins and capes won't be set immediatelly after you started the server or logged in, it takes about 10s after you get your custom skin/cape.
    The plugins you need to have installed:
    Downloadlink: http://www.file-upload.net/download-4502076/SkinsStuff.jar.html

Changelog:
    Version 1.0.0:
    - Published the plugin

2. Taces Missing version and description in thread title, and put the changelog outside the spoiler.

3. Great was looking for this thanks!

4. Offline

Taces

MeneXia:
    Where do you miss the version in the thread-title?
    [ADMN/MISC/RPG] SkinsStuff 1.0.0 [SpoutPlugin 1212/CB1.2.5-R4.0]

The changelog is now outside the spoiler, but i can't fiind the button to edit the Header for adding a short description [​IMG]

davidvanpelt: Thanks :)

5. On the top right of the first post, there's a button called "Thread Tools." Click that, then click "Edit Thread."

6. Offline

Taces

Thanks, i added a short descirption :)

7. Offline

md_5

Please read the submission guidelines and only include the version number of the latest supported Bukkit in your title.