Inactive [ADMN/MISC] God Powers - Harness the power of the Minecraft Gods [1.2.5-R2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taco, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Taco

God Powers

Features:
    Gives god-like abilities to players.

Current commandless features:
    • God tools - Golden tools break respective blocks instantly! I.e. Golden pick breaks stone and ores instantly, but not dirt. (Requires either being an op, or the permissions node)​
    Commands:
    • /godmode - Makes you invincible.
    • /godmode [player] - Makes the specified player invincible.
      • Temporary fix for conflict with Essentials' "/godmode" command:
      • /godmodeon or /godmodeon [player] - Turns on godmode if possible.
      • /godmodeoff or /godmodeoff [player] - Turns off godmode if possible.
    • /heal - Heals you.
    • /heal [player] - Heals the specified player.
    • /maim [player] - Beats the specified player within an inch of their life.
    • /slay [player] - Kills the specified player by no special means. They just drop dead.
      • /smite [player] - Works the exact same as /slay, used as a workaround for conflict with worldguard.
      • /slay [player] arrows or /slay [player] a - Kills the specified player by shooting them with flaming arrows!
      • /slay [player] fire or /slay [player] f -Light the player on fire until they die.
      • /slay [player] drop or /slay [player] d -Drop the player from an immense altitude where they will plummet to their death!
      • /slay [player] lightning or /slay [player] l - Strike lighting down on the heads of those mortals!
      • /slay [player] void or /slay [player] v -Drop the player into the void!
      • /slay [player] curse or /slay [player] c - Cast a deadly curse upon the player's head!
    • /die - Kills you.
    • /jesus - Allows you to walk on water like Jesus. Also allows walking on lava. Not so Jesus-like, but it looks cool.
    • /inferno - Use your godly rage to burn the ground behind you! (!!!Warning, this will place fire ANYWHERE you walk, so be careful of flammable materials!!!)
    • /superjump - If there's nothing in your way, you will jump to obscene heights!
    • /zeus - With this activated, lightning will strike where you're looking when you swing your arm!
    • /gaia - Turns dirt to grass beneath your feet and plants tall grass and flowers around you as you walk.
    • /vulcan - Fling fireballs at those pesky mortals!
    • /demigod - Decreases damage taken by a configurable amount. Reduced to 20% by default.
    • /FusRoDAH - Enchants knockback lvl 10 onto the held item.
    • /plutus - Enchants fortune level 25 onto tools only.
    Download:
    Download GodPowers.zip (.jar version)

Permissions:

Permissions nodes (open)
    Add the appropriate node for the corresponding command. Using the godmodeOnLogin will activate godmode upon logging in for those with permission to said node.

godPowers.godmode
    godPowers.godmodeOnLogin
    godPowers.die
    godPowers.slay
    godPowers.jesus
    godPowers.heal
    godPowers.maim
    godPowers.inferno
    godPowers.superjump
    godPowers.zeus
    godPowers.gaia
    godPowers.vulcan
    godPowers.demigod
    godPowers.commands
    godPowers.godtools
    godPowers.hades

Known bugs:
    - None.

Future content:

Changelog:
    8/23/11:
    - Overhauled /godpowers, fixed some permissions issues, and added chat colors!
    7/20/11:
    - PermissionBukkit support.
    Changelog (open)

7/16/11:
    - Added /hades.
    - Added god tools.
    7/8/11:
    - Added /slay workaround "/smite"
    - Added /demigod command.
    6/21/11:
    - Added /vulcan
    - Removed annoying blue font.
    6/16/11:
    - Optimized command registering, no more crashes if there's a conflict.
    - Added /godpowers command. Uses node godPowers.commands
    6/12/11:
    - Permissions now should be checked upon world swapping and remove godmode if sufficient permission is not present.
    6/10/11:
    - Added /gaia
    5/1/11:
    - Fixed problems with /slay and /die
    4/29/11:
    - Changed directory for godPowers.properties.
    - Added the /zeus command.
    4/6/11:
    - Quick fix for conflict with Essentials.
    4/2/11:
    - Fixed /slay and addressed the issue with /superjump.
    - Made godmode on login toggle-able.
    4/1/11:
    - Changed the way /slay [player] arrows and /slay [player] fire works. Much more efficient.
    - Godmode now puts you out if you're on fire. (though I thought I had this before)
    - Brought back the godmode title
    - Updated for 612
    3/30/11:
    - Perfected /superjump.
    - Updated for latest recommended build.
    3/28/11:
    - Permissions support
    - No more need for godPowers.properties
    - Updated for latest recommended build.
    2/23/11:
    - Updated to beta 1.3
    2/20/11:
    - Updated the hook changes
    - Added confirmations to ALL commands
    2/8/11:
    - Fixed drowning 100%
    - Added the ability to walk on lava to /jesus.
    2/2/11:
    - I fixed a bug with /jesus. Not a huge problem, it just updates more frequently now so you don't fall in.
    1/31/11:
    - Applied a fix to drowning damage until bukkit provides support for this.
    1/29/11:
    - Overhauled and fixed /jesus (again)
    - Added /godmode [player]
    - Added [maim]
    - Fixed /heal [player]

Demonstration(s):

Polish version (open)

Portuguese version (open)

I realized I forgot to add the "maim" command, I shall add that with the configuration file when I get home today.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
    Ltstingray, DoomLord, Jakky89 and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

Forecaster

I also noticed that stepping up on a stair or slab triggers the superjump if you've turned it on.

3. Offline

EpsilonLima

the Zeus command does not work for me. please help.

4. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

is there any way to have the god tools not edit blocks in protected regions? I use towny and WorldGuard and players with god tools can bypass build rights in these regions. Anything i can do to stop this?

5. Offline

Plumeex

O.O
    Love it. But I already use plugins that make the same thing, except for 7 commands that are SOOOO amazing and that are absolutely single, I never saw it anywhere else, so could you make a "light" version with only these awesome commands ? ( /jesus /infernoe /superjump /zeus /gaia /vulcan /demigod )

It woud be so greeeat ! [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]

6. Offline

Taco

I may have a fix for this, but I'm not doing any coding right now. I'll look into it when I can.

I'm planning on a way to disable unwanted commands (I.e. The plugin won't even register them) to avoid conflicts. That should make everyone happy. :p

7. Offline

Plumeex

Oooh yeah great !
    Can't wait OMGZ [sheep]

8. Offline

Taco

Thanks for the support! ^^ It means a lot to me.

9. Offline

l104693

I also LOVE this plug-in!

(you can change the version to 1337!)

10. Offline

daren1093251

11. Offline

Wansho1

I am running the up to date craftbukkit version and permissionsbukkit, but everyone who joins my server no matter what permissions or op, they will have god powers. Any help?

12. Offline

Taco

Sounds like you messed something up with your permissions.

13. Offline

Wansho1

I have found the problem, I had a plugin called all permissios that gave my mod group all permissions even if I said otherwise in permissionsbukkit, disabled this for the moderator group, now everything is fine!

14. Offline

Plumeex

Hi ! :D
    I don't want to hurry you, but when will you make the "light" version of your plugin, with the 7 commands ?
    Cuz' uh... well :
    IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GREAT ! WAAAH ! [creeper]
    Thx a lot for the incredible job ^0^

15. Offline

Taco

I'm postponing development of all my plugins until there is a recommended build for minecraft 1.0. I'm a bit busy irl, so it may take a bit.

16. Offline

Plumeex

Okay, I will wait :D
    When it will be released, I'll shit bricks [pig]

17. Offline

CakRochi

Oh ... I want to like this !!
    Thanks to make it.

18. Offline

Plumeex

OMGZ awesome ! [pig]
    It works great with Essentials and Worldguard !
    So I don't need a light version. But maybe some people do.

Thanks a lot, it's amazing !
    /vulcan+ /zeus [creeper]

19. Offline

Jan Roels

I seem to have a tiny problem.
    I am unable to turn off the default godpowers on login. I put it on false, but I keep getting godpowers when I log in.
    Another problem has appeared since my server started running the most recent stable bukkit build. I am unable to turn off my immortality. Even removing this plugin does not stop my invinciblity. Can this be caused by the new release or do you have any idea by which this could be caused?

Many thanks in advance.
    Also, thanks a lot for this great plug-in.

20. Offline

Taco

I can't be certain if it's my plugin or not if you're not running a recommended build. Check to see that you're not under another plugin's godmode as well. I believe that WorldGuard has a godmode command, as well as Essentials.

21. Offline

Jan Roels

I do run worldguard, but I know that that godmode is off. It could perhaps be that causing the infinit godmode, even while removing this plug-in.

22. Offline

MyrdinMerlin

Hi, I have a little problem with "vulcan" .
    I have God Powers since Novembre and it was working, but now i've update to 1.0.0 and when I do "/vulcan" the fireball diseapere after like 1 second and it do no damage. I don't know what to do , /zeus and other commands works.

23. Offline

tankengine1

Please tell me this plugin will be updated for the Minecraft 1.oRB... PLEASE. I love this plugin <3

24. Offline

Taco

It is working with the 1.0 RB. The only issue is /vulcan because fireballs are acting weird in 1.0.

25. Offline

tankengine1

Thanks! Gonna superjump everywhere!

26. Offline

Blaze17145

Yeah, vulcan is ridiculously glitchy. I really need Vulcan for a new project I'm opening in a few days. Please see what you can do, if it's not MC and it's the mod.

27. Offline

Crazycrafter12

This plugin looks really fun :D I shall try this on my server :)

28. Offline

Reed501

Anyone else's not detecting a permissions plugin?

29. Offline

Taco

If your permissions plugin uses Bukkit permissions, it won't be detected.

In other news: All development for my work is halted until further notice. My harddrive died and I haven't the cash to buy a new one.

30. Offline

Kanuine

I really like this plugin, (It's one of my favorites!) but I cant seem to get the /vulcan to work...I have craftbukkit 1.0.1 but doesn't work...It shows the fireball for a sec but then it disappears :eek: Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

31. Offline

Kirbyarm

Be careful guys, Taco puts a backdoor in his plugins... Anyone with online-mode: false (cracked server) could log into servers using these plugins with the name FriedTaco and have full access to all commands and permissions.