[ADMN] InstaMode v1.0.1 - Permissions-ified gamemodes [1.2.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kaikz, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Kaikz

alexanderpas and GmK like this.
  2. Offline

Proglodyte

Broken on CB 1176, it just spits out /mode <mode> when you try to issue the command. And yes, I already have the appropriate perms set, it was working fine prior to updating my CB.

3. Offline

Kaikz

I'm assuming you're using PermissionsEx, and in this case, update to the dev version 1.14. 1.13 seems to not load BukkitPerms plugins properly.

[​IMG]

4. Offline

Proglodyte

That was it, thanks ! I got the 1.14 PEX and it went back to working. I hope CB and everything else stabilizes soon. Of course as soon as everything is up to date and working we will be hit with MC 1.9.

5. Offline

Kaikz

Everything is relatively stable now. Just need to iron out all the bugs.

6. Offline

Oady

Great!
    Does this mean that the group can change other player's gamemode to that permission as well, or just their own?

7. Offline

jeexbit

This looks excellent, going to give it a shot - thank you!

8. Offline

Kaikz

No, this only allows you to change your own. If you want to change someone elses, use the default vanilla command. (/gamemode username 0/1)

9. Offline

Oady

Just what I wanted, thanks :)

10. Offline

raoulster

Do I Have to use permissions? I dont like permissions, and i dont use them :S

11. Offline

Kaikz

Yes, you do. It's built into Bukkit so I don't see the problem here. Just get PermissionsBukkit and set it up, you'd be stupid not to.

12. Offline

petfrank

Nice! But does it work with the yetis permissions, also does it disable the /gamemode _______ 1/0 ? Cause i want that gone!!

13. Offline

Kaikz

No and no. You should update to PermissionsEx, /gamemode is a vanilla command, it has it's own permission.

14. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Please update this to work with "*". As OP and having "*" in PEX I am unable to use this. I have to specify the nodes for my username in order for it to work.

15. Offline

Kaikz

Is it too hard to just give:
    instamode.survival
    instamode.creative
    ? :/ I'll have something up in a sec.

16. Offline

ProjectInfinity

No, but this is the only plugin out of my 35 (ish) plugins, that does not support it. In my honest opinion it should be essential in any plugin that utilizes permissions, it would also possibly stop some people from asking you why your plugin "doesn't work!!!??!?" for them.

17. Offline

Kaikz

Check the OP, updated to v1.0.1.

18. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Great, thanks a lot.

19. Offline

King_KYl3

Question 1. Does this support Permissions Yeti?
    Question 2. Does this allow people to change beetween gamemodes if they have the permission btu carn't change anyones game only thier own?
    Thanks,
    King

This doent even Work!! i do /mode/mode survival && /mode creative None of them work just says /mode <mode> even when im op or have the permission node :mad: help please

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  20. Offline

Kaikz

1) No. The original post says SuperPerms only. (PermissionsEx, PermissionsBukkit)
    2) They can only change their own if they have the permission.
    You're doing the permissions wrong then. It works on my server fine.

21. Offline

King_KYl3

WELL CAN YOU PLEASE ADD SUPPORT FOR PERMISSIONS TAKES 2 SECONDS :D

22. Offline

Kaikz

It does have support for Permissions, you just won't upgrade yours. Use PermissionsEx, not Permissions 3.

23. Offline

King_KYl3

i use permissions Yeti alot do, and its hard to update it as i have millions of permission nodes So please i ask nicly add support for Permissions Yeti Thanks,
    King

24. Offline

ProjectInfinity

You should update. Avoid Permissions 3 like the plague.

I remember when I switched from P3 to PEX, ram useage decreased by around 600MB and the server were much snappier.
    Then changed from YAML to MySQL on PEX due to the thousands of players we had coming in, causing the YAML file to be quite impossible to maintain. There is really _no_ reason to stay with P3 as it is a sinking ship.

25. Offline

King_KYl3

I find it real helpful and others do to if it starts to do stuff like that ill switch!

26. Offline

Kaikz

For one, Permissions 3 is inactive.
    Two, it doesn't support SuperPerms, which are the Bukkit standard now.
    Three, it's buggy as hell, as opposed to say PermissionsEx.

27. Offline

King_KYl3

PLZ I BEG

28. Offline

RROD

I think you should just upgrade to PEX... >_>

29. Offline

King_KYl3

I refuse I dont know i just Dont want to change i love the permissions i have took me agers to get it all right with no errors please ass Permissions Yeti support :D

30. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Permissions 3 is not being updated, once a bukkit update hits that it is not compatible with, it will be the instant death of Permissions 3.

31. Offline

Kaikz