[ADMN/GEN] WorldModes 2.0 - world-specific game modes, player command, and inventory perms [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by sunkid, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sunkid

WorldModes

All updates and project support is now handled on our DevBukkit site!

natinusala and efstajas like this.
  2. Offline

efstajas

This would be really nice. :)

3. Offline

Shooty

Actually i use permissions 3.X so i can't do that

4. Offline

sunkid

Permissions 3.x should work just fine.

5. Offline

Shooty

you don't understand i can't choose special permissions for a world ... if i do that i need to promote ALL of my members in EACH map

6. Offline

sunkid

It's hard to understand a problem based on your very scant descriptions, but if I understand it correctly, you want to assign game modes based on groups or individual users for each of your server's maps. This is definitely possible in Permissions, for example, in Permissions/pvp.yml you could have
    Code:
    groups:
        User:
            -worldmodes.survival
        Admin:
            -worldmodes.*

and in Permissions/creative.yml you could have
    Code:
    groups:
        User:
            -worldmodes.creative
        Admin:
            -worldmodes.creative

If this does not address your problem, please try to describe it in more detail and I can try to help you better.

7. Offline

Shooty

Permissions 3.X don't use the system of true or false, and can you advise me of a better perms plugin ? i don't find anyone ... (sorry 'i m french)

8. Offline

sunkid

Ahh... I forgot, my bad... I corrected my post above.

I am using bukkit's built-in permissions now for my servers and PermissionBukkit and SuperPermsBridge as plugins to manage permissions and provide a Permissions and GroupManager backwards compatible interface respectively.

9. Offline

Shooty

Had you any links to how use bukkit build-in perms oO?

10. Offline

sunkid

start with PermissionBukkit

11. Offline

Shooty

Thanks it's works for me but i cannot add prefix same with mchat ;(

12. Offline

sunkid

You might try one of the other chat plugins, but that's really outside the scope of this one. I am glad you got it working though.

@Plague : I think this plugin is ready for release :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  13. Offline

Rwembee

@sunkid Thank you! I was just thinking "now if only there were some easy way to enable creative on my specific worlds"

14. Offline

Smex

Your Plugin deactivates normal Nether_Portals
    I cant pass trought them , but trough a MultiVerse Portal I can.

Code:
    2011-09-22 18:25:10 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_PORTAL to WorldModes
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.worldmodes.WMPlayerListener.checkWorldTransition(WMPlayerListener.java:66)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.worldmodes.WMPlayerListener.onPlayerPortal(WMPlayerListener.java:57)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.f(ServerConfigurationManager.java:308)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.b(EntityPlayer.java:278)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:305)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

15. Offline

sunkid

Thank you for reporting this. I have addressed the issue and the latest version (also linked in first post) should work fine with nether portals.

16. Offline

Smex

I don't get any error anymore but I can't go to the nether yet.

Plugins:
    BaseBukkitPlugin
    ChatManager
    CommandBook
    ExactSpawn
    Modifiyworld
    MultiInv
    MultiverseCore
    MultiversePortals
    Permissions
    PermissionsEx
    SignRank
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    WorldModes

The world_nether is linked/imported with Multiverse but it just doesn't do anything.

EDit: well somehow it works from world_nether in to the normal world but from the world "survival" in to nether not...

17. Offline

sunkid

The plugin never changes any teleport or portal events. It only monitors them, so I am not sure that the problem lies with WorldModes. Have you tried to remove it to see if you can use nether portals then?

18. Offline

Smex

Looks like something else is causing it.
    it doesnt work witout your plugin either.
    Thanks for your updating.

19. Offline

GravelSocks

This plugin appears to have permissions problems.

Just installed 1.8.1, CraftBukkit 1185, WorldModes 1.3.1, BaseBukkitPlugin, PermissionsBukkit

Permissions for me are:
    worldmodes.*: true
    worldmodes.set.*: true

When I query the nodes in-game with permissions using:
    /permissions check worldmodes.* [me]
    /permissions check worldmodes.set.* [me]

both are set to true.

When I type /gm [command]:

"You are not permitted to change your game mode!"

Also, when I type /gamemode [command] I get the same error (which was working before - I'm an admin) - so your alias is clearly working.

In addition, just for the sake of testing, I deleted my gamemode variable in my server.properties in the event that that was causing an issue. No difference.

When I remove your plugin, the /gamemode [player] [mode] command works for me again (as an admin)

So? Am I missing something?

I just tried ToggleGameMode (http://fill.bukkit.org/threads/gen-toggle-game-mode-v0-2-does-what-the-name-says-1185-yay.37048/) and it does work, but has fewer features, of course.

ps. You may want to speak to the bukkit folks about their forum search - typing "worldmodes" in the plugin search field generates no results. Either the search index is hosed or the xenforo forum search is not very clever. I had to use google to locate your plugin page. To qualify this, I go to bukkit.org, click on Get Plugins, enter "worldmodes" in the title, and get no results.

20. Offline

sunkid

I am not able to replicate this issue. Could you please post your entire config.yml file from plugins/PermissionsBukkit as well as the output from the console's 'plugins' command?

21. Offline

Junrall

This plugin is great!
    Couple of things that would round out this plugin:
    1. An option allow/disallow dropping items in creative mode.
    2. An option that turns on some sort of inventory memory. Lets say I want to give temporary use of creative mode, but I don't want that person to load up on goodies just before they go back to regular mode. I want their original inventory restored.

...again... great plugin!!

22. Offline

sunkid

Great suggestions! I see what I can do :D

23. Offline

Mitsugaru

Using PEX as the interface for permissions (and to handle SuperPerms), non-op players cannot change their game mode using /gm when they have only the worldmods.set.self node.

No error in console, but players are reporting the following: "Game mode changed cancelled" or something around those lines. Just wondering if you knew what's preventing players from using the command to switch modes.

Ops/players with * node are able to use commands properly.

24. Offline

sunkid

The error message indicates that the players are not allowed to use the game mode they are trying to switch to. In other words, they have the permissions to use the /gm command, but do not have the permissions to use the game mode they want to switch to.

@Junrall : I implemented your suggestions. Let me know what you think!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  25. Offline

mrciku

I get this error, any idea why?
    Code:
    2011-09-23 15:01:02 [WARNING] Task of 'WorldModes' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.worldmodes.WMPlayerListener.hasPermission(WMPlayerListener.java:135)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.worldmodes.WMPlayerListener.access$000(WMPlayerListener.java:49)
        at com.iminurnetz.bukkit.plugin.worldmodes.WMPlayerListener$1.run(WMPlayerListener.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:439)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    I have these plugins:
    Code:
    2011-09-23 15:07:23 [INFO] Plugins: AntiCreeper, BananaChunk, BedHome, BigBrother, BorderGuard, PermissionsBukkit, BukkitUpdater, ChairCraft, ColoredSigns, CommandBook, Command iConomy, CraftProxyLiter, Citizens, DreamLand, EnderNerf, Essentials, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsSpawn, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCart, FalseBookChat, FalseBookCore, FalseBookExtra, FalseBookIC, FoundDiamonds, HeroicDeath, iConomy, Landmarks, MapAPI, MineBackup, RemoteToolkitPlugin, MobDisguise, MultiInv, NoCheat, NoLagg, OpenInv, PermissionsHelper, PluginManager, RawcriticsOreObfuscationPlugin, SetRankPB, SimpleSignEdit, Permissions, VanishNoPickup, VoxelPort, VoxelSniper, Websend, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WorldModes, dynmap, LWC, BaseBukkitPlugin, ChestShop, mChat, Register, Towny

26. Offline

sunkid

That is a strange looking error! Does it happen all the time? What are you doing when it happens?

27. Offline

mrciku

Only when I teleport to different worlds with WorldModes. I didn't update BaseBukkitPlugin though, could that be the cause?

Edit: I tried updating, nope.

28. Offline

Simon Welker

Great plugin, thanks! Using it on our server here now =)
    One feature request, though!
    It does not change the gamemode for one player if their group is set to another one. Our server has many ranks (mostly more for fun than for a real use), the beginner ranks being:
    Traveller, Commoner, Knight.
    A Traveller is a non-whitelisted user, not able to do anything mostly. Commoners are whitelisted beginner users- and Knights (and above) are users that can use the creative Realm - in creative mode.

When a user is demoted from Knight to Commoner, he _should_ be in survival mode for our survival world. But testing that on myself, the user will stay in creative mode until he uses /gm. He then can't change back to creative, that's alright. I don't really know, I haven't tested this much- but when a user first enters the creative world of our server, I think he's in survival mode still (the other worlds only permit survival mode). After their first use of /gm, everything's fine, but that's not how we want it (we could get along with this, though.)
    So... is it possible to immediately and automatically set the gamemode if users lose/gain the permissions node for one, too?

29. Offline

mrciku

Any luck? I am going to try to reinstall BaseBukkitPlugin.
    Seems like it's the manager trying to use a NULL instance.

It also seems to kill me by a fall when I change worlds which changes gamemode in 1.4, I just revert to the older version, hope you would be able to fix it soon...

30. Offline

Junrall

Everything works perfectly except worldmodes.set.self.
    It keeps giving me the following message: The game mode change was cancelled
    I have tried all command versions to change the mode... all give me the a same message.

31. Offline

mrciku

Ok I modified your plugin if you don't mind to be compatible with my server.

I replaced all permissionshandler usage since it was the one causing the problems .

And for the "Game mode change was canceled" error, I changed the OnGamemodeChange hook to:
    Code:
        public void onPlayerGameModeChange(PlayerGameModeChangeEvent event) {
            Player player = event.getPlayer();
            if (!hasPermission(player, event.getNewGameMode()) && !event.getPlayer().hasPermission("worldmodes.set.*")) {
            	event.setCancelled(true);
                System.out.println("[WorldModes] Player " + player.getName() + " has no permissions to change to " + event.getNewGameMode().name() + " gamemode.");
            }
        }
    not the best, cause changing other people's gamemode will still not work. It's not needed in my server, I didn't bother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.