Inactive [ADMN/GEN/MISC] GUI Creator 1.6.6 - Make GUIs with no programming! [Spout][1.2.5-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by coldandtired, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Offline

coldandtired

[​IMG]

Full details on the BukkitDev page found here.

Updated to support up to 80 custom buttons with no coding needed. Read the BukkitDev page to learn how.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

BenyTheBuff

I like the look of this when you say customizable can you change the colors of buttons??

3. Offline

coldandtired

No. The only properties of buttons that can be changed generally are the text colour and the highlighted colour (blue).

Customizable here means that the screens can be generated by adding a few values to an .xml file, without having to edit the plugin itself.

Update to 1.3. Now the whole GUI is customizable, still all through an XML file!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

coldandtired

Updated to 1.4. A couple of nice things added. Please re-read the BukkitDev page for all the details.

5. Offline

Zaros

Very interesting. I see alot of possibility for this.

6. Offline

Tomaz

This is awesome, should be approved.

7. Offline

dralletje

this... is... awesome!

8. Offline

coldandtired

Thanks guys :)

1.5 is out and adds the possibility of using as many screens as you want, and being able to link one screen to another to create hierarchies.

9. Offline

JaxFromHell

This is awesome. (I hope you're not tired of reading this)
    Thanks for the plugin.

10. Offline

coldandtired

Updated to include text boxes and subscreens (screens that can only be reached through link buttons). This allows for as simple or as complicated a menu system as you can possibly create!

11. Offline

MonsieurApple

12. Offline

coldandtired

Updated to 1.6.3.

13. Offline

diddan

How to show the admin screen ingame - i tryed to put in the exampel in the config file - but cant find out how to show command screen :-/

14. Offline

coldandtired

Copy a file from the example folder into the screens folder for a quick start.

You also need to give yourself the permission Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI to be able to open it.

The default key is ~.

15. Offline

diddan

sry im totally new at this - im setting up a nice server for my kids :-D so im not all into this permision thing :-D

how to add this permission rule :-D

sry if im noob ;-)

16. Offline

coldandtired

You'll need a permissions manager like Permissionsbukkit or bPermissions, etc.

The command is slightly different on each of them, but for Permissionsbukkit you'd type
    Code:
    /permissions player NAME setperm Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI true
    in the chat window and press enter. Replace NAME with your Minecraft name.

I have to warn you though that this plugin doesn't do anything on its own - what it does is easily make buttons for commands other plugins use.

17. Offline

SonicCore

Thanks! But I have a problem with it. I have all the required plugins, even Permissionsbukkit, and I set myself in the permission, but when I press ~, nothing pops up. Help? Thanks!

18. Offline

coldandtired

What version of Spout and Spoutcraft are you using?

If you've just downloaded it and installed it it doesn't do anything. You need to create a file in the screens folder to layout your commands.

Have a look at the guide section on the BukkitDev webpage, or at the files in the examples folder.

19. Offline

SonicCore

How would I use the example files, would I copy them all over to the screens folder?

20. Offline

coldandtired

Yes. The one that makes the screenshot above is 3.xml. The BukkitDev page has more in-depth explanations but I think you'll be able to see how to edit the example file to your own needs.

21. Offline

SonicCore

Ok, one more thing, since I got Permissionsbukkit, how do I set permissions so me and a friend can build? AND I copied the files over, and nothing... can you make a video tutorial or something please? :eek:

22. Offline

MCTSS

Hey!
    Great Plugin! Love it!
    I dont understand how you open the GUI

23. Offline

coldandtired

For PermissionsBukkit use this:
    Code:
    /permissions player NAME setperm Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI true
    Replacing NAME with whichever Minecraft player you want to allow use of the plugin.

Please read this thread from the top to see some tips. Short version is: give yourself the permissions Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI and copy an example file from the example folder to the screens folder to get started.

24. Offline

SonicCore

Well, now it's
    Code:
    /permissions player setperm NAME Admin_GUI.can_open_GUI true
    and has yet to still work. What files EXACTLY do I put in there?

25. Offline

coldandtired

Technically, you need to make your own file with the commands you use most, using the guide on the BukkitDev page.
    The example file are just ones I threw together to illustrate the file structure. They use Essentials commands, vanilla commands, Permissions3, etc.

Place any of the files from the example folder in the screen folder if you just want to see how it works though.

26. Offline

SonicCore

Still nothing. I set permissions for myself, I put the plugins in the plugins folder, nothing... video?

27. Offline

coldandtired

Admin GUI and its folder go in the plugin folder, as well as Spout and PermissionsBukkit. You need to download and use Spoutcraft instead of the normal Minecraft program.

Check the server console to see that Admin GUI has loaded properly and is not issuing any warnings.

Updated to 1.6.5.

28. Offline

SonicCore

Alright, I got Spoutcraft, and I think it works. Thanks :)

29. Offline

piepei

So has anyone made an Essentials 2.x GUI yet?

please note, i will hug you if you post it :D

30. Offline

coldandtired

I put up a thread asking if anyone could help make stuff like that and got no replies :(

I've never used most of Essentials so I don't know how many commands there are but I'm sure it could easily be done.

Updated to 1.6.6 as well.