Inactive [ADMN/GEN/INFO/TP/RPG] MyWorlds v1.48 - Multi-world plugin with a touch [2320]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bergerkiller, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

bergerkiller

[​IMG]

You may wonder, why so many tags? Well, that is because this plugin simply contains a lot of features that fall under those tags! I originally made (parts of) this plugin for our server, but it proofed to be a 'publishable' plugin as well. :)

Description

This plugin features everything related to worlds. Features:
    • Load, unload, copy, delete, save and create worlds
    • Show information of worlds and list available chunk generators and worlds
    • Set world game mode, difficulty, time, weather, autosaving, PvP
    • Set world mob spawn restrictions
    • Evacuate worlds to clear them from players
    • Repair broken worlds to some extend
    • Make portals cross-world, one-way, simple, no commands needed
    • World-specific chat rooms using permissions
    • Automatically load worlds when the server starts and persistent settings
    • Extensive permission system, you can even set who can enter what world
    • Can act as a tool for other plugins to teleport players from one world to the other
    • Simple teleportation commands
    • Set OP lists for specific worlds to make players operator on certain worlds
    • Easy-to-remember commands: with aliases and chat-message help
    A nice tutorial by FrozdY

BukkitDev page

For configuration, commands, etc, look on the BukkitDev page under Links.
    All documentation pages are now on Bukkit Dev.

Known bugs:
    - None
    Disclaimer (because things CAN go wrong)

I am not responsible for world damages done by this plugin or by certain commands this plugin performs. If you, for example, loaded 20 worlds and hosted it on a buggy computer with 30 players, odds are the server (and your computer) will crash and worlds become corrupted. Repair can fix worlds, but this does not recover damaged chunks, so don't think you are always covered. Also, never forget to make backups of your worlds, but I guess this is common sense...

FAQ:
    - Different inventories per world? No, you can use World Inventories for that.
    - Or try MultiInv while it is still maintained.
    - Repair ruined your world? Backup of region files can be found in the region folder, simply restore.

Important links:

Download the MyWorlds.jar from GitHub
    Look at the source at GitHub
    BukkitDev page

Changelog

Show your appreciation for my plugins by donating
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

AndrewsPanda

Hey,

I have installed and been running this plugin for a couple of days now. It is absolutely great in every way except for the two issues I am having. I am hoping you can help me out.

First issue is permissions. I am able to stop being from entering a specific world through portals etc. However the problem is when someone uses "TP" to a person inside that world. It is a donator creative world so it is meant to be exclusive. I was able to set it up originally with the permissions and people who went into the world that weren't meant to be there were killed instantly and sent back to the original world. Is there any way to set this up properly again? I am running PermissionsEX 1.15 and craft bukkit 1131 (1337) and My Worlds 1.25.

Second issue is the worlds wont stay loaded. Every time i start the server I need to reload the worlds. I checked in the worlds.yml file and they are set to loaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

3. Offline

Pixiio

If my users go to another world, they SOMETIMES get '''Player is killed by a angry skeleton''(HeronicDeath)

How to fix this?

Yeah i have the same problem =)

You can fix it by setting the spawn in the world, they have to type /spawn and they will die, but spawn there.

Its still a bug

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  4. Offline

AndrewsPanda

Well to add to that again. I have one player on the whole server that it actually blocks. It kills him the second he teleports to that world.. Yet it will not block any others. I have tested everything and he has no different permissions then the others. So how can that be?

5. Offline

ThatSmalllGuy

6. Offline

bergerkiller

Updated it to use the new file configuration and fixed spawn command permissions. If you use a version lower than 1317, don't update since it will probably fail. (also removed the deprecated backwards compatibility of createWorld)

EDIT

Another update to 1.27 to fix worlds not being found on Linux machines, and a compatibility update for TrainCarts.

7. Offline

ledhead900

Thx, btw u see less of me when things are working smoothy :), I still love you

8. Offline

Vijfhoek

I'm having some trouble here. If I try to /tpp to "survival" to place a portal there, I get teleported to "firestorm". Here my worlds.yml:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    computer:
        gamemode: CREATIVE
        holdWeather: false
        loaded: false
        spawn:
            z: 0.0
            y: 64.0
            world: computer
            x: 0.0
        environment: NORMAL
        keepSpawnLoaded: true
        deniedCreatures:
        - SQUID
        - SILVERFISH
        - PIG
        - CAVE_SPIDER
        - SPIDER
        - GHAST
        - COW
        - ENDERMAN
        - SHEEP
        - WOLF
        - CHICKEN
        - ZOMBIE
        - PIG_ZOMBIE
        - SKELETON
        - SLIME
        - CREEPER
        difficulty: EASY
        operators:
        - driehoek96
        - vijfhoek
    creative:
        holdWeather: true
        loaded: true
        spawn:
            z: 407.0
            world: creative
            x: -303.0
        deniedCreatures:
        - SQUID
        - SILVERFISH
        - PIG
        - CAVE_SPIDER
        - SPIDER
        - GHAST
        - COW
        - ENDERMAN
        - SHEEP
        - WOLF
        - CHICKEN
        - ZOMBIE
        - PIG_ZOMBIE
        - SKELETON
        - SLIME
        - CREEPER
        operators:
        - driehoek96
        - vijfhoek
        lockedtime: 4000
    spawnworld:
        holdWeather: true
        spawn:
            z: 247.0
            y: 78.0
            world: spawnworld
            x: 113.0
        deniedCreatures:
        - SQUID
        - SILVERFISH
        - PIG
        - CAVE_SPIDER
        - SPIDER
        - GHAST
        - COW
        - ENDERMAN
        - SHEEP
        - WOLF
        - CHICKEN
        - ZOMBIE
        - PIG_ZOMBIE
        - SKELETON
        - SLIME
        - CREEPER
        operators:
        - driehoek96
        - vijfhoek
        lockedtime: -8000
    nether:
        gamemode: SURVIVAL
        spawn:
            world: nether
        environment: NETHER
        deniedCreatures: []
        operators: []
    survival:
        spawn:
            world: survival
    firestorm:
        spawn:
            z: 410.0
            y: 65.0
            world: firestorm
            x: -314.0

Oh, now I see you got a new version out. I will take a look if that fixes it

--EDIT--
    Uuh, somehow I uploaded an old version, give me a min

--EDIT2--
    Okay, put the right config in now

--EDIT3--
    Downloads down? >.>

--EDIT4--
    I transferred the world to singleplayer, manually put a portal and sign there, and edited portals.txt to include the portal. Now it works fine

9. Offline

Trakaan

well it's the first time I'm using this plugin and I have a quite simple question but I didn't manage to find an answer anywhere.

I saw on servers, and even on the tutorial video, that is seems possible to don't have the basic "world" and "world_nether"
    so I thought myself I will just have to create an other one, unload "world" and then delete it :
    -but it says that I can't unload the main world ...

So if there is a way to change "world " name or to delete it I would be really glad to know it .

Ps: I'm only beggining to use this plugin but it's already awesome ^^

I found the solution to my problem
    It was as simple as changing the folder name and the world name in the server properties
    I'm now having some problems with map generators here is the error I get while trying to use PhoenixTerrainMod :
    Code:
    [INFO] Trakaan [/127.0.0.1:50939] logged in with entity id 1338 at ([gen2] -141.75, 66.0, 253.21875)
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Trakaan Issued a world creation command for world: Gen3
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Loading or creating world: 'Gen3' using seed -7477158563732212164 and chunk generator: 'PhoenixTerrainMod:'
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] PhoenixTerrainMod: settings for 'Gen3' loaded
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] PhoenixTerrainMod: enabled for 'Gen3'
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] New max size: 1764
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] New max size: 5476
    2011-10-31 15:10:31 [INFO] New max size: 18496
    2011-10-31 15:10:32 [INFO] New max size: 19044
    2011-10-31 15:10:32 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'world' in plugin My Worlds v1.13
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:41)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:756)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:721)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:714)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/NoiseGeneratorOctaves2
            at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.Generator.BiomeManagerPTM.<init>(BiomeManagerPTM.java:25)
            at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.PTMPlugin.WorldInit(PTMPlugin.java:143)
            at com.Khorn.PTMBukkit.Generator.ChunkProviderPTM.getFixedSpawnLocation(ChunkProviderPTM.java:443)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.c(World.java:178)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.<init>(World.java:150)
            at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.<init>(WorldServer.java:27)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.createWorld(CraftServer.java:499)
            at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.mw.WorldManager.createWorld(WorldManager.java:503)
            at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.mw.MyWorlds.onCommand(MyWorlds.java:1060)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
            ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.NoiseGeneratorOctaves2
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 22 more

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  10. Offline

glarter

You also need to change the world name in any plugin that is multi-world capable.
    Things like the portals.yml for My Worlds, the regions.yml for Worldguard, the protections for LWC, etc.

Can you tell that I had the exact same issue recently??

11. Offline

Trakaan

thanks a lot for the info it will certainly save me from a lot of problems ^^

I updated my previous post with an error report concerning world generator.

-EDIT-
    Problem resolved it was cause by a difference between Myworld, Bukkit and PhoenixTerrainMod versions

12. Offline

gerard c

i installed the plugin to my plugin folder and when i start it only creates the config.yml not the world.yml... how do i fix this?

13. Offline

kbassil

HAVE AN ISSUE:

I have multiple worlds but only the main one loads when the server restarts. I have to MANUALLY load the 2nd world each time.

Please Help!

14. If you place a portal sign on a block and then destroy the block under it, the sign gets destroyed, normal. But the portal doesn't get removed, so with no sign you have a portal then... But you can't place a new sign with the same portal name, as it already exists :)

EDIT

Is it me, or a incompatibility with worldguard or you can't set a world as survival and the other one as creative? I tried with my already existing world to add a new one, teleported to the new one, set all the params using the ingame commands, and when going back to the first world, well, it was also creative mode...

15. Offline

bergerkiller

@Psychokiller1888 I have no idea, I am using a very old version of WorldGuard and WorldEdit. It could be that this game mode system has been added in WorldGuard too, then check the configuration of WorldGuard.

Also, added build and use world permissions after the 'ow so many' requests. Won't extend it any further though, it's not a permissions or worldguard plugin.

Now adding a simple /world saveconfig and /world loadconfig command...since people seem to be having problems with it anyway.

EDIT

Updated.

16. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

I know this might be a stretch, but is there a way to force snow and lock it in a world? I asked for suggestions and one of my players requested always snow for the holidays. I know there is a Christmas plugin in the works, but I'd prefer to just lock weather instead of adding a whole new plugin and world.

17. Offline

bergerkiller

@GameFAQsRolo not really achievable: it uses (internal) biomes to set where it rains and where it snows. Both are the same basically. You can lock the weather to rain/snow of course, but it would only snow in snow biomes.

18. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

Yeah, that's what I figured. I might just have to MCEdit the main town over to a tundra biome for a day. :D

19. Offline

gerard c

sry for asking but wat do i do to get the world.yml and the portal.yml?

20. Offline

bergerkiller

@gerard c Start the plugin I guess...it should generate them automatically. (also, use latest CraftBukkit build !)

21. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

To get the world.yml, you need to change any setting via commands. If I'm generating a fresh set of files I use /world setspawn to generate it. For portal.yml, mine is actually a text file and not yaml. You can just manually create an empty portal.txt if you really needed it.

22. Offline

gerard c

i got the portal.txt but didnt get the world.yml is there anyway to just create it? also /world setspawn didnt work....
    i think i'm using build 1185

Code:
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.8.1
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1131-g86b7fa8-b1337jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Default game type: 0
    2011-11-04 20:18:50 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -7060692754760444122)
    2011-11-04 20:18:51 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -324973340803409691)
    2011-11-04 20:18:51 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 28%
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Using build-in 'Bukkit SuperPerms' as permissions plugin!
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] [Configuration] Error while loading file 'plugins\My Worlds\worlds.yml':
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins\My Worlds\worlds.yml (The system cannot find the file specified)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:109)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.mw.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:44)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.mw.WorldConfig.loadAll(WorldConfig.java:45)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at com.bergerkiller.bukkit.mw.MyWorlds.onEnable(MyWorlds.java:106)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:174)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:957)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:171)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:154)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] [MyWorlds] Successfully bound variable to region file cache.
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] [MyWorlds] File references to unloaded worlds will be cleared!
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] [MyWorlds] version 1.28 is enabled!
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    2011-11-04 20:18:52 [INFO] Done (0.164s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-11-04 20:18:54 [INFO] habachisteel [/5.191.31.104:53474] logged in with entity id 457 at ([world] -228.0222140838512, 64.0, -235.81135043717592)
    2011-11-04 20:18:54 [INFO] New max size: 484
    2011-11-04 20:18:54 [INFO] New max size: 784
    2011-11-04 20:19:00 [INFO] habachisteel lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-11-04 20:19:00 [INFO] Connection reset

23. Offline

Red_Barchetta

Can you add flatgrass for it?

24. Offline

Weshvile

Please add flatgrass and chat per world :D

25. Offline

bergerkiller

Flatgrass is a chunk generator plugin, MyWorlds features pure world management. You can always use other chunk generator plugins (such as those generating clean flat worlds). Chat per world...there has to be a plugin for that (right?). Did find this, but not sure if it has world support.

I'll look into it, with a 'global' chat permission. Can easily be added...

If no Flat world generator exists, I might include one internally. (can't be that hard to make...)

Also, re-uploaded v1.28. No new features are added, neither did I fix any bugs. I did clean everything up a bit, for example separate class files for each command. The onCommand function was 1400 lines long...

26. Offline

ledhead900

@bergerkiller
    Any chance I could get the ability to upon world creation set a radius for chunks to auto be generated up until that raidus.

This would be extremely handy in keeping cpu usage down after the map was generated and also useful for expanding the world for people like me tho use border plugins. It would also help me test out terrain generation plugins a lot faster.

27. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 possible, but it will have a minimum of around 20 chunk radius. Has to do with heavy lag occuring if less than that is pre-generated. ('preparing spawn area')

28. Offline

ledhead900

Thats fine I wanted it so I could pre generate a worlds of sizes 2000x2000 and higher before it was used as I found this reduces a ton of lag as your not walking around generating chunks and to be honest why generate when walking around if your going to use a border.

It makes more sense to pre generate it all and expand it as needed.

Edit
    Currently I am messing with terrain generation
    to find something fun for next mc update that I can work into the new biome code.

its taking shit long tho as its slowing generation down to a crawl up to 5mins to w8 upon entering the world lol I would rather just generate a 1000 radius test world each time I tweak it and explore it with out chunk load lag.

29. Offline

bergerkiller

@ledhead900 Note that generating all that would take ages. I'll look at a multithreading possibility, generating a chunk async, putting them into a world manually. Async world generation would be the best alternative, as it would have no lag at all. And it allows for multiple threads to generate chunks faster, without decreasing TPS.

Only issue I have is with how the (custom) generators generate worlds. If it requires Bukkit methods which can't be isolated, then I might have an issue.

30. Offline

GameFAQsRolo

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but WorldBorder has a fill option to generate chunks up until your border and you can also throttle it as needed. In regards to chunk generation with a generator, you must specify the generator in bukkit.yml in addition to MyWorlds. Please see this post for info and the responses that confirm it works.

31. Offline

ledhead900

Well I was more or less asking for an advanced user console command I don't really care if it rapes cpu and TPS has I had no plans to use other then to pre generate a large world while no one is online.

I just pretty much wanted to type in a radius and have it add chunks to the world at the same time as it created a world, IMO how often are you going to be generating new worlds ?, at least in my case I wanted all my worlds pre chunk generated prior to server launch and prior to anyone using it after that I wont touch world chunks gen again until I need to expand a world, and I would do this under a maintenance time with server not connectable :p.

But if you want to go all out and make it function fast and lag less while people are playing be my guest but I was happy with just a dirty Chunk generator built in for quickly preparing large worlds post allowing global connections to the server.

I don't really want to touch the bukkit.yml file as I think that it is a stupid method to control worlds and chunk generators.

I already have custom generation working using only Myworlds it has a option to use it upon creating new worlds as well, In my case I used "world create Venus:TerrainControl"

This created the world Venus making it use the TerrainControl Generator.

I also have a Space world generator they are all working 100% fine with out even touching the bukkit.yml. I use BorderGuard for my border.

I simply would have found it easier to have a no fuss no mess command added upon world create making it generate a set radius straight of the bat with with out mucking around with third party tools or messing with bukkits.yml. I am aware of other tools that could do this but for my intentions of use they simply are just needed.

I will likely only be pre generating these chunks as a once off every time I build a new world and then only again when I see it fit to expand the border. I am only pre generating one world as the other worlds are not using custom generators and as for the space world it is infinite in size with no border and thus does not need pre generated chunks its quite fast at generating on its own due to the fact most of it is just air :p.