Inactive [ADMN/FUN] SpawnMob - Advanced mob spawning.[1.2.5 and up]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordanneil23, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

jordanneil23

[​IMG]
    MOVED TO BUKKIT DEV!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS NO LONGER WATCHED, IT WILL BE RARE TO GET A REPLY FROM ME ON THIS POST GO TO THE BUKKIT DEV PAGE TO GET HELP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a continuation of SpawnMob which was originally made/developed by xmlns.​
    Downloads
    Zip

-​
    [​IMG]
    -​
    Twitter/Donations
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    Follow SpawnMob on twitter for details on when updates will be released.
    -
    I'm not asking for a donation but if you like the plugin and feel generous click the donate button :)
    [​IMG]
    Commands and Features

On the Wiki

Mob List
    On the Wiki

Mob Kits
    On the Wiki
    Permissions
    On the Wiki
    Known Bug(s)
    On the Wiki

2. Offline

cachorropedorro

Works perfectly man~! Thanks!

3. Offline

Nazuke

Hey man! I've a problem with this plugin. When i write /spawnmob Zombie:5 it wont spawn just saying "You can't this mob/mob type. And, /spawnmob <mob name>[:<slime size> || ;<mob that is riding>] [amount of mobs]". Then i've a problem with /mspawn. When i write like /mspawn zombie or something like that it's just telling me "You are not authorized to do that"... Please help

4. Offline

Pallerik

I got that too, but i fixed it :) Just go to your "plugins folder", then find the "SpawnMob folder", and change the properties file in it to "use-permissions=false" :D

5. Offline

Fluub

Hey guys :)
    I do have a problem i can spawn a mob but it doesn't stay on the map it automaticly disapears :/
    It might be because i disabled the spawning in ther server propertiers (too much mobs make my pc runs so sloooow)
    I wanted this plug in just to add some at specific places but it doesn't wrok :/ ([497])

6. Offline

jordanneil23

Read the WHOLE thread before posting things like this -_-

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Apparently you already know the answer to your problem, so why did you bother asking? :p

More importantly, if you suspected why that might be, why did you not try changing it and confirming that yes, that was the reason it didn't work?

Anyway, for what you want, I suggest looking for a plugin that limits mob spawning. I know it's possible, because MultiVerse can do it on a per-world basis, but if all you want is spawn limiting it's probably overkill.

jordanneil23 likes this.
  8. Offline

jordanneil23

MobControl and bMobs are good plugins for controlling the mobs, Friendly is based on MobControl :)

9. Offline

Matt Rozenboim

2011-03-12 10:19:11 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mspawn' in plugin SpawnMob v1.8
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:21)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:77)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:173)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:633)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:596)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:590)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.perform(CommandHandler.java:324)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.SpawnMob.onCommand(SpawnMob.java:113)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:19)
    ... 12 more
    Running newest version of bukkit, using Ops.txt
    HELP

10. Offline

Fluub

Okay sorry guys for my stupid question
    What i wanted to know if it was possible to only spawn mobs with the plug in because i can't activate the mob spawning in the server.properties my server won't be able to hold it.
    But as Celtic said i'm gonna search some limit spawning plug in.
    Thanks for your answers :) .
    This plug in is great :) (at least i can spawn slimes (so fun) and neutral mobs :))

11. Hey, for some reason I can't /mspawn any player placed spawners.

12. Offline

ImKharn

I installed this plugin.
    The plugin shows up in /plugins list
    I do not have any permissions plugins installed.
    I have never messed with the ops.txt file
    I am an OP.

/spawnmob Chicken does nothing, not even a message.

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Not even an error in the console?

14. Offline

QQCucumber

Is there a reason you made it so destroying a mob spawner drops a mob spawner? That's pretty much made this unusable for me. It conflicts with DropBonus (where I had it so destroying one nets you 50 currency) and I also don't want my players to have them. It doesn't seem to be configurable either.

15. Offline

Gallion

Suggestion for a feature :
    To set a maximum number of mobs that can be spawned
    I accidentally 2456 ghasts and 8888 creepers instead of 888 once.
    : D *Herp derp*

16. Offline

riuthamus

Im looking at the mob spawner and it says, you must be looking at a mob spawner to be using this. I am using build 544 ( craft bukkit ) and every other part of the plugin works. I am an OP and have server owner * permissions.

nevermind, had to do a full restart instead of just a /reload

17. Offline

Karinth

Why, sometimes, do the mob spawners automatically set the Delay to 0?

18. Offline

Donny

Hmm. I used this plugin. I spawned some monsters and it started server lag almost right away. No errors. Still having lag during night times and the plugin has been disabled. Any reasons?

(when I butcher the mods with worldedit it says like "354 mobs kills", isn't the max supposed to be 200 hostile and 20 neutral)

19. Offline

umarth

I used this plugin, but i remove for the players can loot mob spawners.

(i'm used Op's.txt)

20. Offline

jordanneil23

Thank you for reminding me about adding that :p
    I am adding a option to turn the spawners from dropping to off in now, should be in the next release :)

21. HOW DID YOU FIX THIS?

22. Offline

riuthamus

i just added the permissions did a full restart and it works...

23. Did you try it on the surface? In full sun?

24. Offline

TheGamersHaven

Hey, I just updated to the new version and the "mob's spawning in the ground" is worse. They won't spawn! When I aim at the ground and try to spawn a single zombie or 20 zombies, it says "20 zombies spawned" but none appear. Only once did I get it to work and that was by luck that the zombies spawned halfway in a block next to an empty one... I would really like to get this working as my server has a zoo running and I would love to be able to spawn all the mobs that constantly die. By the way, I am all up to date with everything. But whatever, keep up the good work, can't wait till this is fixed, love the plug-in.

Thanks,
    TheGamershaven

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@jordanneil23 - I've finally added it to the General github; I made it possible to spawn sheep with coloured or no wool, as well as a quick and dirty fix for the mobs spawning inside the block you look at (though it's entirely possible you've fixed this since I got the source [EDIT] ...or not! [/EDIT]). I also eliminated some NullPointerExceptions (not sure if you'd fixed those before) and made the command return true instead of false in most cases (so that it doesn't print usage notes).

jordanneil23 likes this.
  26. Offline

jordanneil23

And I can use/edit this code as I want :p

27. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yes, yes you can. :p Know that I am now refactoring it quite a bit, so if you check it again in a couple of days it might look completely different.

28. Offline

jordanneil23

Thank you for the fixes @Celtic Minstrel

29. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Did you include sheep colours as well? (Just curious!)

30. Offline

jordanneil23

No, I might but I really don't want to have to change your code for it over to mine :p

31. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Were you looking at my first version of the code (here and here) or the current version? I ask only because the first version was a lot more like the original code than the current version is; plus, I linked to the current version, so which version you saw would have depended on when you saw it.