Inactive [ADMN/FUN] SpawnMob - Advanced mob spawning.[1.2.5 and up]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordanneil23, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Offline

jordanneil23

[​IMG]
    MOVED TO BUKKIT DEV!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS NO LONGER WATCHED, IT WILL BE RARE TO GET A REPLY FROM ME ON THIS POST GO TO THE BUKKIT DEV PAGE TO GET HELP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a continuation of SpawnMob which was originally made/developed by xmlns.​
    Downloads
    Zip

-​
    [​IMG]
    -​
    Twitter/Donations
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    Follow SpawnMob on twitter for details on when updates will be released.
    -
    I'm not asking for a donation but if you like the plugin and feel generous click the donate button :)
    [​IMG]
    Commands and Features

On the Wiki

Mob List
    On the Wiki

Mob Kits
    On the Wiki
    Permissions
    On the Wiki
    Known Bug(s)
    On the Wiki

2. Offline

Cowabanga

Wow, thanks for letting me know, I didn't know that. Finally someone saved me from my doom, I shall be your slave forever.

3. Offline

runinho

I can't spawn any Monsters! :(

4. Offline

neoice

likewise. does this not work in 617? most plugins have stabilized around that build. I'll probably upgrade to the latest recommended this weekend I guess.

Code:
    20:03:42 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin SpawnMob v1.8.4B
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:225)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:391)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
            at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandler.perform(CommandHandler.java:29)
            at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.SpawnMob.onCommand(SpawnMob.java:124)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 6 more

5. Offline

KuNh4

Ok when u're looking to a mobspawner and write this on chat "/mspawn delay" it will occur this error _: An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command.

RegardZ

6. Can you add shortened versions of the commands like /smob k pig or /s creeper 30
    So far I have been using makeemspawn, but the eggs are too much of a hassle

7. Offline

jordanneil23

/sm <kill> mob (kill is to kill them...)

8. Offline

Trickatel

Same happens here.

9. Offline

5*stunner

I set mobspawners to spawn different mobs, cows, chickens, sheep etc.....
    I don't get any errors, but It only spawns the invincible pigs, which i know is clientside not because of this plugin.
    Is there any way to get the correct mobs to spawn?

10. Offline

Rodle26

[SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawnmob' in plugin SpawnMob v1.8.4B
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:254)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:626)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:589)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:583)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.CommandHandlerNoPerms.perform(CommandHandlerNoPerms.java:105)
    at com.jordanneil23.SpawnMob.SpawnMob.onCommand(SpawnMob.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more

11. Offline

DeeLaYz

When i make a Mobspawner and place it on the ground and typ /mspawn cow it spawns cows and Pigs. why?

i got the same issue.....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  12. Offline

jordanneil23

@DeeLaYz
    Read the whole post, it explains it at the bottom.
    @5*stunner
    Same thing.

13. Offline

5*stunner

@jordanneil23
    i did read that, what I mean is they won't spawn any mobs other than pigs. I right clicked them to check and it and it says that it is changed but they spawn nothing but pigs.

14. Offline

jordanneil23

"Please make sure that spawn-monsters is set to true in your server.properties!"
    Also make sure that spawn-animals is set to true, in some cases it has to be to spawn them.

15. Offline

Chapkees

I want to spawn sheeps in color

16. Offline

5*stunner

I figured out why they wouldn't spawn.
    I also have nocivilspawns running on my server and it was interferring with it. sorry to have taken up your time.
    great plugin btw.

17. Offline

JanTTuX

not working on build 707 it wont spawn anything but it does kill all mobs lol.
    it was working on 684 u should get it working for 707, it hasgot new mobs like eletric creeper!

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Electric creeper is not a new mob.

19. Offline

ironman

confirmed not working on #CB 707- #CB711
    i suppose you should wait for the next reccomended build before updating

20. Offline

PhantomGamers

Oh God can I confirm it works.
    Not properly, but it works.

It spawns mobs just fine, only problem is it spawns them invisible.
    /spawnmob creeper 9001
    What's worse than 9001 creepers?
    9001 invisible creepers.

/spawnmob kill creeper seemed to work fine too, but I cannot confirm... they may have very well just all blown up themselves.

bolsjeboy likes this.
  21. Offline

PlanetOfGames

Confirmed, i spawned 100 Monsters in my town :p all invisible. drove the members insane getting attacked by random invisible things lol

bolsjeboy likes this.
  22. Offline

bolsjeboy

When i spawn them they are invisible?! Please help.
    EDIT: oh didnt see that someone allready had wroten that they where invisible sorry :D

23. Offline

LOLXDDUDE

Yea you might wanna think about fixin' this invisible spawnin mob thingy... For me the mob doesnt spawn at all.

and when I spawn a slime it says "Internal Error Has Occured" soo.... whats up with my favorite plugin?

24. Offline

Trust518

I have used this for some time but now i get 1 error. Mobs i spawn are invisible som1 help me :/

''im using latest build ( 712 )

25. Offline

PlanetOfGames

I got that on the old one too :p they still spawned just.. one spawned :p
    This has not been updated for 700+ yet :)

26. Offline

jordanneil23

Oh my I was gone for the weekend and so many people have already asked to update, I probably wont until a recommended build is out unless I get bored or something :p

27. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Are you still using the Minecraft internal code to spawn creatures? If so, that would be why it broke with the update. General is working just fine, and I didn't even need to update it (except for saplings, but that's unrelated to mobs).

28. Offline

MiracleM4n

How would you change it from the internal code I am trying to fix this as my server is in need of it.

29. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

If you have General, Essentials, or CommandBook installed, you can already spawn mobs. If not... changing this plugin from the internal code might not be a simple task. Basically, you would need to rewrite any parts that use CraftSomething or EntitySomething types to not use those types.

For mob spawners, there's CreatureBox. I'm not sure if it works on 1.5, but it probably does.

30. Offline

MiracleM4n

Yes I have creaturebox and it does work. And I have figured out it will not be as easy as it seems. I will instead use Commandbooks Spawnmob feature.

31. Offline

paully104

i cannot seem to get a large slime to spawn using /spawnmob Slime:5