[ADMN/FUN/MISC] Player Editor v0.9.2 - Allows changing of Player's Skins, Capes, and Title [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MineDev, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Offline

MineDev

Player Editor - Allows changing of Player's Skins, Capes, and Title
    Version: 0.9.1
    Static Jar: PlayerEditor.jar
    Author: Created by @alta189 of MineDev Team.
    CB Version: Supports 953 - 1000

Player Editor is an Amazing plugin. It allows you to change a Player's Skin, Cape, and/or Title. THIS DOES REQUIRE CLIENT MOD. The client mod is not required to connect though, just to see the changes made by player editor. The client mod is Spoutcraft and the accompaning Spout Plugin. You can edit as specific player, or an entire Group. Remember that specific player settings will overrule any group settings.

Features:
    • Change Player's Skin, Cape, and/or Title
    • Change Group's Skin, Cape, and/or Title
    • SQLite and MySQL support
    FAQ

How to submit a good error report

Videos:
    Installation:​

Command and Usage Demonstration:​

Dependencies:
    • Spout Plugin
    • Spout Client - Only required for users that want to see the changes made by Player Editor
    Commands: <> required [] not required

Note: Currently you have to be an OP to use these commands, however permissions nodes will be added later.
    • /pedit [help] - Shows help for editing players
    • /pedit add <playername> - adds a player to the database
    • /pedit info <playername> - shows the settings for the player
    • /pedit skin <playername> <URL> - Set the Skin for the player *
    • /pedit cape <playername> <URL> - Set the Cape for the player *
    • /pedit title <playername> <title> - Sets the title for the player. See title help below!
    • /gedit [help] - Shows help for editing groups
    • /gedit add <groupname> - adds a group to the database
    • /gedit info <groupname> - shows the settings for the group
    • /gedit skin <groupname> <URL> - Set the Skin for the group *
    • /gedit cape <groupname> <URL> - Set the Cape for the group *
    • /gedit title <groupname> <title> - Sets the title for the group . See title help below!
      * URLs have to be accessable by the players. They cannot be http://locahost/some_image.png
      An example of a good Cape URL is http://minedev.net/capeme/cape/alta189.png
      Also Cape and Skins have to be .png format
    • Note to remove skin/cape/title replace the title or url with the word nothing. Lower case is required
    Title Help:

Titles can have variables that you can use to add color and player names. Remember that variables have to be UPPERCASE​
    Variables:
      • <NAME> - Player Name
      • <NL> - New Line
    Colors: The following are colors that you can add. The format for a color is <COLOR>
      • AQUA
      • BLACK
      • BLUE
      • DARK_AQUA
      • DARK_BLUE
      • DARK_GRAY
      • DARK_GREEN
      • DARK_PURPLE
      • DARK_RED
      • GOLD
      • GRAY
      • GREEN
      • LIGHT_PURPLE
      • RED
      • WHITE
      • YELLOW
    Planned Changes:
    • Add permissions to each of the commands, right now it requires you to be an OP - 0.9.3
    • Add a command that allows you to edit you and you only, self edit /sedit of course with permissions xD 0.9.3
    • Ability to change Citizen's NPCs 0.9.3
    • Want more? Give me requests and ideas :D
    Who is MineDev?
    MineDev is a Plugin Development team. It is made up by:
    • @alta189 - Lead Plugin Developer and Founder
    • @iPhysX - Lead Forum Administrator, Plugin Developer, and Founder
    • @cronikkk - Plugin Developer and Administrator
    • @adamki11s - Plugin Developer and Administrator
    • @jamescosten - Team Member and Moderator

Changelog:
    Version 0.9.3
    • Updated from BukkitContrib to Spout
    Version 0.9.1
    • Fixed SQLite reload bug
    • Fixed Respawn removing capes
    • Fixed wrong version showing in console
    Version 0.9.0
    • Support for Minecraft 1.7.x
    • Support for CB 953
    • Discarded Permissions Group
    • Implemented new group handling
    • Performance Enhancements
    • Possible Fix for SQLite Errors
    • Installation Video
    • Demo and Command video
    Version 0.8.2
    • Allows use of commands in the console
    • Fixed re spawning without a cape/skin/title
    Version 0.8.1
    • Fixed typo in SQLite Database creation
    • Fixed variable <NAME>
    Version 0.8
    • Public Release

MMySlime, kahlilnc, operatic and 9 others like this.
  2. Offline

taher66294

My cape wont show I did everything the same :'(

3. Offline

alta189

There are some bugs, I am working on 2.0, got side tracked with Spout, I will plan to have a release within a week

4. Offline

L24D

@alta189
    hey hey!
    Mind this, I was panning through my server log, and I've just recently (as of a few weeks ago) started a MySQL db...
    Anyways, the latest build of player editor is throwing an occasional odd error, i've got a couple of different ones... both leading to a NPE...

Code:
    2011-10-06 14:53:48 [INFO] KingLeos101 was creeper bombed!
    2011-10-06 14:53:51 [INFO] Player Respawning
    2011-10-06 14:53:52 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 14:53:52 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL INSERT Query: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 14:53:52 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 14:53:52 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL INSERT Query: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 14:53:52 [WARNING] Task of 'PlayerEditor' generated an exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minedev.playereditor.DatabaseHandler.getEditGroup(DatabaseHandler.java:406)
        at net.minedev.playereditor.BukkitContribHandler.setAll(BukkitContribHandler.java:57)
        at net.minedev.playereditor.listeners.PEPlayerListener$1.run(PEPlayerListener.java:34)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:137)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:441)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    I left the first couple lines, because i thought this was triggered by the player dying... Not sure though.
    And then, the other one is upon login... :p

Code:
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [INFO] Reading data
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL INSERT Query: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL Query: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [WARNING] [PlayerEditor] Error at SQL INSERT Query: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly closed by the driver.
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CUSTOM_EVENT to PlayerEditor
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minedev.playereditor.DatabaseHandler.getEditGroup(DatabaseHandler.java:406)
        at net.minedev.playereditor.BukkitContribHandler.setAll(BukkitContribHandler.java:57)
        at net.minedev.playereditor.listeners.PECustomEventListener.onCustomEvent(PECustomEventListener.java:20)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$96.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:918)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at org.getspout.spout.PlayerManager.onSpoutcraftEnable(PlayerManager.java:87)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:141)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.a(SourceFile:36)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:500)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:471)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    2011-10-06 15:21:14 [INFO] [Spout] Successfully authenticated L24D's Spoutcraft client. 
    It logs me in fine, and I can see the cape/skin too... No clue what could be triggering it.

Anyways, wishing you the best on the development of PlayerEditor! :D

5. Offline

supagokuman2

Can you make this compatibe with HealthBar?

6. Offline

Schlumpf

Hello,
    when will be the realease for the new Version? :)
    Can't wait :D

7. Offline

Wilko343

Status update please!!
    I already used 2 skin change plugins and both were kinda crappy.

8. Offline

Schlumpf

9. Offline

Brvtvs

I also would like an update

10. How can i use this with Citizens?? (or other npc plugin)
    *EDIT* searched list found CitizenSpout

11. Offline

Brvtvs

Is there an up to date plugin that allows for multiline titles?

12. like space or new line above first line?

13. Offline

JargonTheRed

@Brvtvs , @Hello Minecraft World , This plugins, although not up-to-date, works fine with a MySQL database on CB 1366. It also allows for multiple lines by using <NL> to denote a new line.

I am currently using this on my live server without any problems so far :)

14. Offline

Brvtvs

Thanks, I was talking specifically about the <NL> feature by the way, for now I will just use this plugin.

15. Offline

Darkenvy

<COLOR> stopped working as well as newline. I can rename someone but only one line. I dont know why. I DID update nocheat and that is all I did. Oh all previous names kept but no new names can be colorized.

16. Offline

JargonTheRed

If you are using a MySQL database, try doing it manually in there. That should fix it.

17. Offline

LastKossack

how about Skin-per-group? :D

18. Offline

Schlumpf

Is this now under developement again, or how is the status now?
    alta said for a month next week will come the new version but, hmm ...
    So is it now inactive again or how is the status?!

19. Offline

Jexkid

#Problem

Capes reset when the server restarts or gets reloaded.

20. Offline

tiger0075

Has this been updated to work with 1.1R6

21. Offline

iPhysX

22. Offline

mcnightmare

Hi, I can see the changes in the player info but I just can't see my title or skin, so I reckon the spout plugins doesn't work well, could you explain a bit more how I should install or do any changes on spout plugins and spoutcraft? The spoutcraft created a .spoutcraft folder in roaming, but my .minecraft is not in the same folder, I tried to put them in the same place but still doesn't work

Oh, when I change my title, the player info shows an internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command

23. Offline

Lolmewn

Because obviously this plugin isn't dead (953 last build). Find another, you'll be better off.

idontknow23 likes this.
  24. Offline

tsuna25

Isn't dead?

25. Offline

Lolmewn

Is dead, just not marked as such. Might even still work xD

26. Offline

mitoapfelstedt

The link doesn't work...:'(

27. Offline

Ibas

Does anybody know similiar plugin to this?