Inactive [ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.5 - Tomorrow is Today! [1.4.6-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by t3hk0d3, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

t3hk0d3

[​IMG]
    Version: 1.19.5

PLEASE USE BUKKIT-DEV FORUM FOR DISCUSSION/HELP
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

[​IMG]

Current features
    1. Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
    2. Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
    3. YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
    4. SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
    5. Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
    6. Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
    7. Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
    8. Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
    9. Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
    10. Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
    11. Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
    12. Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
    13. Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
    14. Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users :)
    15. Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
    16. World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
    17. Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
    18. Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

Documentation
    Wiki

Basic setup tutorial (Thanks to lycano)

Nice tutorial made by Bennetman

Download
    Stable version

Development version (mostly stable) - always lastest dev build.

Sources
    https://github.com/PEXPlugins

Builds
    http://webbukkit.org:8080/

Maven Repository
    http://repo.tehkode.ru/browse/ru.tehkode

IRC
    Join us on #permissionsex, irc.esper.net. Feel free to ask any related questions.

Tools !NEW!
    Pex Auto-Setup Tool - MySQL and FlatFile !

Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)
    v1.19.5
    Proper intervals for timed commands (both group/permissions management), without pesky seconds calculations (like /pex user t3hk0d3 timed add cool.permission 10days)
    Bugfixes.
    1.4.6 compatibility.

v1.19.4
    Built for Bukkit 1.4.2-R0.1
    Added inventory permissions (modifyworld.items.put/take.<item>.of.<chest>)
    Added item hold permission (modifyworld.items.hold.<item>)
    Sdded monster egg spawn permission (modifyworld.spawn.<creature>)
    Few other minor fixes
    v.1.19.3
    Modifyworld improvements (configurable messages, now independent from PEX)
    /pex help command
    Minor improvements and bugfixes
    v.1.19.2
    New modifyworld permissions
    Some bugfixes
    v.1.19.1
    Bugfix release
    v1.19
    Bukkit R6 compatible.
    Several bugfixes!
    Permissions now case-insensetive.
    v1.18
    Users logging and cleanup feature.
    Non-inheriting nodes feature.
    Several Bugfixes.
    PermissionsCompat is finally remove from default bundle.
    v1.17
    User/group specific management permissions (permissions.manage.group.Admin)
    Fixed some superperms compatibility issues
    Fixed several bugs
    v1.16
    SuperPerms compatbility bridge were rewritten - no lags anymore and now with debug output (now you can view superperms checks).
    Numerous of bugs were fixed (Thanks you guys for reporting them)
    Modifyworld were improved (modifyworld.item.use)
    v1.15
    Compatiblity for 1317+
    Fixed perfomance issues with SuperPerms (if you still experience they try to disable "raw-permissions" in config.yml)
    Fixed issue with prefix inheritance
    v1.14
    Improved Options mechanism.
    Auto saving new users feature, disabled by default.
    SuperPerms bridge improved - more permissions supported by wildcards.
    File backend dumping now fully functional. SQL dumping is still bogus (do not dump world-specific inheritance and prefixes), will be fixed soon.
    Many bugfixes and minor improvements.
    v1.13
    Superperms (BukkitPerms) support
    Multiworld inheritance and prefixes/suffixes
    Groups weighting
    ChatManager, chat plugin which bundled with PEX.
    Modifyworld now separate plugin, but still bundled with PEX.
    API changed slightly, CustomEvents (PermissionsEntityEvent, PermissionsSystemEvent) introduced.
    Many lesser improvements and tons of bugfixes.
    v1.12
    API get slightly improved
    Ranking ladders.
    User/group name case-insensetivity.
    World-inheritance.
    Timed permissions.
    Modifyworld rules are get improved.
    Tons of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.11
    Many bugfixes and improvements.
    MySQL connection stability improved - reconnection mechanism.
    v1.10
    Promotional/Demotional system.
    Perfomance improvement, with new low-level caching system (thx Joy)
    Modifyworld improved.
    Many lesser improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.06
    New p2compat backend, for easy migration from Permissions 2.x to PEX.
    v1.05
    Users/Groups dumping (pex dump <backend> <file>).
    New commands pex promote/demote. Actually this is just aliases for "pex user group set/remove"
    Few bugfixes.
    v1.04
    Players now can be informed about changes (has been added to group, changed permission/option). Disabled by default - set "permissions.informplayers.changes" to "true"
    Config node "permissions.verbose", which responsible for player informing about modifyworld restrictions has been renamed to "permissions.infromplayers.modifyworld".
    Autocomplete has been improved.
    New command "pex config <node> [value]". This command help to manipulate configuration file (config.yml) from console/chat interface.
    Many bugfixes.
    v1.03
    Autocomplete for users (taken from registred users and online users) and groups names.
    New command for user removing (pex user <user> delete)
    Fixed several nasty bugs. Thanks for bugreports!
    v1.02
    Compatibility layer loading order issue fixed. Now most of plugins should work.
    Tested with new CB 803 build.
    v1.01
    Regular expression permissions support.
    Newer permissions now added above (bugfix).
    Several bugfixes.
    v1.00
    Initial public release.

BRampersad, grid21, MrRazull and 71 others like this.
  2. Offline

darkvip3r

i am having problems with this plugin. when i start the config file has a couple of lines in it and not the defult what shows up on your git hub . also when i edit the permissions.yml it errors the console.. why?

3. Offline

Nickshelton80

Sounds like you have YML errors.
    Before and After you edit anything .yml , Be sure to scan it through a yml checker.
    Such as http://nx.ly/5lG .

4. Offline

Infuscu

Is PEX still considered a new permission plugin? I doubt :)

5. Offline

StickBoXD

- '*' is all commands... try that not '''*'''

6. Offline

Hofloc

Help, I get so much errors.
    Code:
    groups:
      Default:
        default: true
        permissions:
        - modifyworld.*
        - essentials.warp
        - essentials.warp.list
        - essentials.sethome
        - essentials.home
        - essentials.spawn
        - essentials.help
        - essentials.tpa
        - essentials.tpahere
        - essentials.tpaccept
        - essentials.tpdeny
        - essentials.msg   
        prefix: '&c[Member]&7 '
      Helper:
        default: false
        permissions:
        - essentials.kick
        - essentials.mute
        - essentials.fly
        inheritance:
        prefix: '&c[Helper]&7 '
      Moderator:
        permissions:
        - essentials.ban
        - essentials.banip
        - essentials.unban
        - essentials.unbanip
        inheritance:
        - Helper
        prefix: '&c[Moderator]&7 '
      Admin:
        permissions:
        - essentials.gamemode
        - essentials.weather
        - essentials.time
        inheritance:
        prefix: '&c[Admin]&7 '
      Donor:
        permissions:
        - essentials.tp
        inheritance:
        prefix: '&c[Donor]&7 '   
      Donor+:
        permissions:
        - essentials.fly
        inheritance:
        - Donor
        prefix: '&c[Donor+]&7 '
      Donor++:
        permissions:
        - essentials.repair
        - essentials.repair.armor
        - mobdisguise.*
        - essentials.weather
        inheritance:
        - Donor+
        prefix: '&c[Donor++]&7 '
      Donor+++:
        permissions:
        - essentials.gamemode
        inheritance:
        - Donor++
        prefix: '&c[Donator+++]&7 '
      Owner:
        permissions:
        - '*'
        prefix: '&c[Owner]&7 '    

7. Offline

darkvip3r

Thank you. i fixed the problem.

8. Offline

Goomba479

its so infuriating when i download this i dont get the permissions thing just permissionsex modifyworld and chatmanager WHAT IS HAPPENING???

9. Offline

FinPowa

i started a new server with permissionEX, but i cant use the /pex command, and i've used a Yml Parser which shows that the config is correct. so what is the problem? i need help asap. Thanks

10. Offline

ashley

Did you give yourself permissions to use /pex?
    to do so type this in you console
    pex user "name" add permissions.*

11. Offline

koopatroopa544

Idk If This Will Make A Difference, But Prefix Is Before The Permissions, and Inheritance is After Prefix, But Before Permissions. So Example:
    BEFORE:
    Admin:
    permissions:
    - essentials.gamemode
    - essentials.weather
    - essentials.time
    inheritance:
    AFTER:
    Admin:
    inheritance:
    permissions:
    - essentials.gamemode
    - essentials.weather
    - essentials.time

Earlier I Was Having Trouble With My Inheritance Because I Put It After Permissions And My Friend Told me to put it after prefix, before permissions. hope this helps...

12. Offline

VictorHNP

My ChatManeger doesnt work tell me what is wrong here is the config.

enable: true
    message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> %message
    global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message
    ranged-mode: false
    chat-range: 100.0
    Please Help [diamond]

13. Offline

iAd4m

How do I use the Global message? Like what is the command? Is it /global <message> /shout <message>. Sorry but its really bugging me ;(

14. Offline

Jake230599

I was wondering if i could set multiple groups with the same name. I have 3 tiers of VIP but i want them all to be displayed as one but each must have their own permissions. When i type /list or /who its currently displayed like this:
    3 of the maximum 30 players are online:
    Staff: Benny
    IVip: Obsidian_Killer
    GVip: JimmyFighter

So is it possible to display it like this:
    3 of the maximum 30 players are online:
    Staff: Benny
    Vip: Obsidian_Killer, JimmyFighter

15. Offline

EmanuxJade

sorry a question, how can i do for set a group permissions for different worlds?

Ex: builders:
    world: earth

ecc ecc?

16. Offline

x4n4th

17. Offline

TheBladerSL

i need helps how do i configure Permissionsex all of them dont work because i cant configure the main one it isnt modifyworld or chat manager they are both enabled they connect and get disabled because permissionsex in't on please help!

18. Offline

hoobz

Hello! Me again, with another server problem.
    When I get my permissions.yml file all set up and in the permissionsex folder, this is what the console said
    07.07 09:34:34 [Server] WARNING [PermissionsEx] Reinjecting all permissibles
    07.07 09:34:34 [Server] WARNING [PermissionsEx] Can't obtain PermissionsEx instance
    07.07 09:34:34 [Server] WARNING [PermissionsEx] Reinjecting all permissibles
    07.07 09:34:34 [Server] WARNING [PermissionsEx] Can't obtain PermissionsEx instance
    Here is the link to my permissions.yml file copy https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zx4ePuasgHIXYWf5mso7tv5KwlnhmZacFHg-eO9zBhU/edit

19. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

[ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.2 - Today is Yesterday! [1.2.5-R3.0]

That's what it seems like for me, nothing is working for me at all! NOTHING!

Sorry about my other post :\ I was just mad. Now do I need ChatManager for the prefixes and suffixes?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  20. Offline

gemuese21

Hi.
    I want my Moderator be able to use "/pex promote", but i don't want them promote themselves till Admins.
    What should i do? thx

21. (Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I just now had time to get back to the forum)

Well, looking at your permissions example, you are trying to block the wrong thing. :)

Buckets have their own nodes under modifyworld (modifyworld.bucket.empty.*) as a player isn't exactly placing a block when filling or emptying a bucket. Minecraft is full of weird things like this, take a look at how signs are handled sometime. :)

So was this supposed to be a request for help, a jab at the dev, a troll, or what? :)

Huh? That is all that comes in the archive, the main permissionsex.jar, modifyworld.jar and chatmanager.jar

What are you expecting to find? :)

What it is not doing? Need to be more specific. Does it show up as green when you run /plugins in game?

If modfiyworld or chatmanager are disabling themselves because they can't find the main PEX as running, something is causing PEX to stop during the init phase of the plugin. Usually this is due to a problem in the PEX config or permissions file (if you are using the file backend). Look in the server log for why PEX is failing and start there. :)

W
    I've usually seen these errors appear when the permissions file is off somehow, but looking and trying your permissions, they seem to be OK, aside from the admin group having an inheritance line that isn't needed (the mod group already inherits from default, so having default in there isn't necessary).

How long does it take before this shows up?

Strictly speaking no. You can use just about any chat manager you want, but there has to be some kind of chat manager installed to get prefixes and suffixes.

Not sure what you are asking here, but PEX won't allow a player to promote another player above the group it is already in.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
  22. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

Ok :) thanks for the help.

Omg, this is amazing, but can I use EssentialsChat instead of ChatManager?

23. Offline

hogeco

When there is a negated sub node followed by an allowed general node, i.e.

- -modifyworld.chat.private
    - modifyworld.chat

how do you write the permissions for the next rank if you then want to allow the negated node?

do i just write:

- modifyworld.chat.private
    - modifyworld.chat

and if so, is the "modifyworld.chat" needed the second time?

In case I was not clear.... what I want is to not allow Guest rank to send private messages but I would like Member rank to be able to send private messges. And I want both to be able to chat.

thanks

i figured it out. nvm.

24. Offline

Sharkmaster321

When I try to start my server with PermissionsEx v1.19.2 plus Chat Manager, and Modify World, This is what it says,
    Server Start-up Message.txt

It starts up all of them and then it just disables Chat Manager, and Modify World.
    Can you help me?

PS: I DO notice that the last post was May of last year. So I will understand if no one can help me.

Attached Files:

25. Offline

Sharkmaster321

And sorry about posting the file so you have to download it first. I couldn't figure how else to post it.

26. Offline

Sharkmaster321

I just noticed that there WERE more recent posts.. oops.

Im an idiot XD I figured out how to post it the correct way!
    Code:
    182 recipes
    27 achievements
    19:26:39 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    19:26:39 [INFO] Loading properties
    19:26:39 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    19:26:39 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R4.0-b2222jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API
    version 1.2.5-R4.0)
    19:26:40 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] sql backend registered!
    19:26:40 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] file backend registered!
    19:26:40 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] PermissionEx plugin initialized.
    19:26:40 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Loading PermissionsEx v1.19.2
    19:26:40 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend
    19:26:40 [SEVERE] Error loading permissions file initializing PermissionsEx v1.19.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error loading permissions file
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:251)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.initialize(FileBackend.java:79)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.setBackend(PermissionManager.java:423)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.initBackend(PermissionManager.java:485)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.<init>(PermissionManager.java:52)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onLoad(PermissionsEx.java:69)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:218)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: while scanning a simple key
    in "<string>", line 5, column 9:
                -essentials.spawn
                ^
    could not found expected ':'
    in "<string>", line 6, column 9:
                -essentials.rules
                ^

at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55)
            at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:138)
            at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:105)
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:247)
            ... 11 more
    Caused by: while scanning a simple key
    in "<string>", line 5, column 9:
                -essentials.spawn
                ^
    could not found expected ':'
    in "<string>", line 6, column 9:
                -essentials.rules
                ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.stalePossibleSimpleKeys(ScannerImpl.java:398)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.needMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:229)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:178)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingValue.produce(ParserImpl.java:591)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:133)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
            at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:53)
            ... 14 more
    19:26:40 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Loading Modifyworld v1.19.3
    19:26:40 [INFO] [ChatManager] Loading ChatManager v1.19.1
    19:26:40 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    19:26:40 [INFO] Default game type: 0
    19:26:40 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -1444884848432125696)
    19:26:41 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -1444884848432125696)
    19:26:41 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 0%
    19:26:42 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: -1444884848432125696)
    19:26:42 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 0%
    19:26:42 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Enabling PermissionsEx v1.19.2
    19:26:42 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Superperms support enabled.
    19:26:42 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsEx v1.19.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onEnable(PermissionsEx.java:103)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:381)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:197)
    19:26:43 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Enabling Modifyworld v1.19.3
    19:26:43 [SEVERE] [Modifyworld] PermissionsEx not found, disabling
    19:26:43 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Disabling Modifyworld v1.19.3
    19:26:43 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Modifyworld successfully disabled!
    19:26:43 [INFO] [ChatManager] Enabling ChatManager v1.19.1
    19:26:43 [SEVERE] [ChatManager] PermissionsEx not found, disabling
    19:26:43 [INFO] [ChatManager] Disabling ChatManager v1.19.1
    19:26:43 [INFO] [ChatManager] ChatManager disabled!
    19:26:43 [WARNING] Server permissions file permissions.yml is not valid YAML: mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 4, column 20:
                Permissions:
                          ^

19:26:43 [INFO] Done (2.851s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    This is my PermissionsEx.yml , btw Sorry about posting so many posts
    Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            Permissions:
            -essentials.spawn
            -essentials.rules
            -essentials.motd
            -essentials.list
            -essentials.helpop
            -essentials.help
                prefix: '&d[Guest]'
                options:
                    build: false
        Builder:
            Permissions:
            -essentials.tpa
            -essentials.tpaccept
            -essentials.tpdeny
            -essentials.tpahere
            -essentials.afk
            -essentials.back     
            -essentials.home
            -essentials.sethome
            -essentials.mail
            -essentials.mail.send
            -essentials.mail.read
            -essentials.pay
            -essentials.warp
            -essentials.warp.list
            -essentials.lwc.create
            -essentials.lwc.remove
            -essentials.lwc.modify
            -essentials.lwc.info
            - -modifyworld.blocks.have.46
            - -modifyworld.blocks.have.(10|11)
            inheritance:
                prefix:'&8[Builder]
                options:
                    build: true
        Gaurdian:
            Permissions:
            -essentials.tp
            -essentials.jump
            -essentials.nick
            -essentials.setwarp
            -essemtials.whois
            -essentials.kick
            -essentials.kick.notify
            inheritance:
            - Builder
                prefix: '&2[Gaurdian]'
                options:
        Moderator:
            Permissions:
            -
            inheritance:
            - Gaurdian
                prefix: '&1[Moderator]'
                options:
        Admin:
            Permissions:
            -'*'
            inheritance:
                prefix: '&4[Admin]'
                options:
        Owner:
            Permissions:
            -'*'
            inheritance:
            -Admin
                prefix: '&4 [HeadAdmin]'
                options:
                    build:true
    users:
        Sharkmaster321:
            group:
            -Owner
        space55:
            group:
            -Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
  27. Offline

hogeco

Did you go into the Chatmanager and Modifyworld's config.yml files and put enable to true?

If not, do that first. If you still have problems after that please post your permissions.yml file here also.

here is the correct way to wride your code. but you still may need to enable chatmanager and modifyworld. see my previous post.

Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            Permissions:
            - essentials.spawn
            - essentials.rules
            - essentials.motd
            - essentials.list
            - essentials.helpop
            - essentials.help
            prefix: '&d[Guest]'
            options:
                build: false
        Builder:
            permissions:
            - essentials.tpa
            - essentials.tpaccept
            - essentials.tpdeny
            - essentials.tpahere
            - essentials.afk
            - essentials.back   
            - essentials.home
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.mail
            - essentials.mail.send
            - essentials.mail.read
            - essentials.pay
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.warp.list
            - essentials.lwc.create
            - essentials.lwc.remove
            - essentials.lwc.modify
            - essentials.lwc.info
            - -modifyworld.blocks.have.46
            - -modifyworld.blocks.have.(10|11)
            inheritance:
            prefix: '&8[Builder]'
            options:
        Gaurdian:
            permissions:
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.jump
            - essentials.nick
            - essentials.setwarp
            - essemtials.whois
            - essentials.kick
            - essentials.kick.notify
            inheritance:
            - Builder
            prefix: '&2[Gaurdian]'
            options:
        Moderator:
            permissions:
            inheritance:
            - Gaurdian
            prefix: '&1[Moderator]'
            options:
        Admin:
            permissions:
            - '*'
            inheritance:
            prefix: '&4[Admin]'
            options:
        Owner:
            permissions:
            - '*'
            inheritance:
            - Admin
            prefix: '&4[HeadAdmin]'
            options:
    users:
        Sharkmaster321:
            group:
            - Owner
        space55:
            group:
            - Admin

28. Offline

TheBladerSL

this is what the whole thing says: C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\bukkit server may work>´╗┐@ECHO OFF
    '´╗┐@ECHO' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\bukkit server may work>SET BINDIR=C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\
    bukkit server may work\
    C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\bukkit server may work>CD /D "C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\bukk
    it server may work\"
    C:\Users\Stash\Desktop\bukkit server may work>"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\ja
    va.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.2.5-R4.0.jar
    182 recipes
    27 achievements
    09:35:36 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    09:35:36 [INFO] Loading properties
    09:35:36 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    09:35:36 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R4.0
    -b2222jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R4.0)
    09:35:36 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] sql backend registered!
    09:35:36 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] file backend registered!
    09:35:36 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] PermissionEx plugin initialized.
    09:35:36 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Loading PermissionsEx v1.19.2
    09:35:36 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Initializing file backend
    09:35:36 [SEVERE] Error loading permissions file initializing PermissionsEx v1.1
    9.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error loading permissions file
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:2
    51)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.initialize(FileBackend.ja
    va:79)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.setBackend(PermissionManager
    .java:423)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.initBackend(PermissionManage
    r.java:485)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.PermissionManager.<init>(PermissionManager.jav
    a:52)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onLoad(PermissionsEx.java
    :69)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:218)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
    Caused by: org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: while parsing
    a block mapping
    in "<string>", line 3, column 7:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockEntry
    in "<string>", line 5, column 7:
    - modifyworld.*
    ^
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlCo
    nfiguration.java:55)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguratio
    n.java:138)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguratio
    n.java:105)
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.backends.FileBackend.reload(FileBackend.java:2
    47)
    ... 11 more
    Caused by: while parsing a block mapping
    in "<string>", line 3, column 7:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockEntry
    in "<string>", line 5, column 7:
    - modifyworld.*
    ^
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(Par
    serImpl.java:575)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java
    :230)
    :237)
    :237)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:12
    3)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:121)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlCo
    nfiguration.java:53)
    ... 14 more
    09:35:36 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Loading Modifyworld v1.19.3
    09:35:36 [INFO] [ChatManager] Loading ChatManager v1.19.1
    09:35:36 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    09:35:36 [INFO] Default game type: 0
    09:35:36 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -3682660025803739872)
    09:35:37 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -3038474849587486206)
    09:35:37 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 20%
    09:35:38 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: -3038474849587486206)
    09:35:38 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Enabling PermissionsEx v1.19.2
    09:35:38 [INFO] [PermissionsEx] Superperms support enabled.
    09:35:38 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsEx v1.19.2 (Is it up
    to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.onEnable(PermissionsEx.ja
    va:103)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:337)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:381)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:197)
    09:35:38 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Enabling Modifyworld v1.19.3
    09:35:38 [SEVERE] [Modifyworld] PermissionsEx not found, disabling
    09:35:38 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Disabling Modifyworld v1.19.3
    09:35:38 [INFO] [Modifyworld] Modifyworld successfully disabled!
    09:35:38 [INFO] [ChatManager] Enabling ChatManager v1.19.1
    09:35:38 [SEVERE] [ChatManager] PermissionsEx not found, disabling
    09:35:38 [INFO] [ChatManager] Disabling ChatManager v1.19.1
    09:35:38 [INFO] [ChatManager] ChatManager disabled!
    09:35:38 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    09:35:38 [INFO] Done (2.142s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

29. Offline

Homer1

I'm having trouble entering in the chatmanager, and the modifyworld permission nodes, I enable both of them, it just doesn't work, so my Guest who join the Game Can't Talk like I type in
    - chatmanager.*
    - modifyworld.*
    and it just doesn't work, Can anyone please help me?

30. Offline

hogeco

TheBladerSL and Homer1,

I am not sure I can help, but you can increase your chances of someone who can help you if you post your config.yml and permissions.yml using the "code" link from the top menu.

31. Offline

Homer1

I need help with chatmanager+modifyworld there both not working and I don't know why, I enable them + dont work. I know the permission node its modifyworld.* and chatmanager.* so my Guests/Users can build + talk
    I tested it out it doesn't work so then i tried
    in the pex permissions.yml file and it doesn't work, STILL! plz help me