Inactive [ADMN/DEV] PermissionsEx (PEX) v1.19.5 - Tomorrow is Today! [1.4.6-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by t3hk0d3, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

t3hk0d3

[​IMG]
    Version: 1.19.5

PLEASE USE BUKKIT-DEV FORUM FOR DISCUSSION/HELP
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/
    THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PermissionsEx (PEX) is a new permissions plugin, based on Permissions ideas and supports all of its features. But PEX is more! It offers different backends, powerful ingame management, fine grained restrictions for world modification.

[​IMG]

Current features
    1. Bukkit Permissions (SuperPerms) compatible.
    2. Several backend support. Currently bundled backends is File (YAML) and SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Also it's possible to add your own.
    3. YAML backend, with new, fully rethinked, config schema. Now all user, groups and their permissions are stored in one file - permission.yml. BTW file name is adjustable too.
    4. SQL backend, most delicious. Currently MySQL and SQLite supported, but other DB (like Postgre) are possible too. PEX deploys the DB scheme (tables and initial data) automatically. This means, that you only need to provide data on how to connect to the db, everything else PEX will handle by itself.
    5. Flexible architecture and API - you can change a lot programmatically.
    6. Compatibility layer with TheYeti's Permissions (2.7.4) (as a separate part of the plugin). In most cases plugins, which use Permissions, will alsowork with PEX also.
    7. Rich chat/console command interface. You can do almost everything ingame. Command list below.
    8. Modifyworld - Embedded restrictions mechanism (we call it "modifyworld"), which provides the possibility to control players abilities, such as destroying/placing blocks, riding carts/boats or even getting spotted by mobs and much more. Disabled by default.
    9. Multigroup inheritance. User, as well as Group, can be member of several groups. And inherit their permissions, options and prefix/suffix.
    10. Permissions based upon Regular Expressions. This mean you can use regular expressions. Example: modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place).(3|12) - this permission allow place or destroy only sand (12) or dirt (3) blocks. There is still limitation on dot usage in your regexps - dots are escaped by default.
    11. Multiworld permissions. Just don't specify world and permission would work in any world.
    12. Multiworld inheritance. You can inherit different groups in different worlds.
    13. Easy migration from Permissions 2.x. Converter for both YAML and SQL are embedded into PermissionsCompat. Just use simple instruction.
    14. Perfomance friendly. Low-level caching helps alot when you have 100+ online users :)
    15. Promotional/Demotional system. You can assign ranks to groups and promote/demote users to higher/lower ranked group.
    16. World-inheritance - permissions/option of one world can be inherited by another world.
    17. Timed Permissions - you can give user permission only for some amount of time.
    18. Chat Manager - small chat plugin, bundled with PEX. With prefixes/suffiex and colors. Check wiki for more details.

Documentation
    Wiki

Basic setup tutorial (Thanks to lycano)

Nice tutorial made by Bennetman

Download
    Stable version

Development version (mostly stable) - always lastest dev build.

Sources
    https://github.com/PEXPlugins

Builds
    http://webbukkit.org:8080/

Maven Repository
    http://repo.tehkode.ru/browse/ru.tehkode

IRC
    Join us on #permissionsex, irc.esper.net. Feel free to ask any related questions.

Tools !NEW!
    Pex Auto-Setup Tool - MySQL and FlatFile !

Changelog
    Show Changelog (open)
    v1.19.5
    Proper intervals for timed commands (both group/permissions management), without pesky seconds calculations (like /pex user t3hk0d3 timed add cool.permission 10days)
    Bugfixes.
    1.4.6 compatibility.

v1.19.4
    Built for Bukkit 1.4.2-R0.1
    Added inventory permissions (modifyworld.items.put/take.<item>.of.<chest>)
    Added item hold permission (modifyworld.items.hold.<item>)
    Sdded monster egg spawn permission (modifyworld.spawn.<creature>)
    Few other minor fixes
    v.1.19.3
    Modifyworld improvements (configurable messages, now independent from PEX)
    /pex help command
    Minor improvements and bugfixes
    v.1.19.2
    New modifyworld permissions
    Some bugfixes
    v.1.19.1
    Bugfix release
    v1.19
    Bukkit R6 compatible.
    Several bugfixes!
    Permissions now case-insensetive.
    v1.18
    Users logging and cleanup feature.
    Non-inheriting nodes feature.
    Several Bugfixes.
    PermissionsCompat is finally remove from default bundle.
    v1.17
    User/group specific management permissions (permissions.manage.group.Admin)
    Fixed some superperms compatibility issues
    Fixed several bugs
    v1.16
    SuperPerms compatbility bridge were rewritten - no lags anymore and now with debug output (now you can view superperms checks).
    Numerous of bugs were fixed (Thanks you guys for reporting them)
    Modifyworld were improved (modifyworld.item.use)
    v1.15
    Compatiblity for 1317+
    Fixed perfomance issues with SuperPerms (if you still experience they try to disable "raw-permissions" in config.yml)
    Fixed issue with prefix inheritance
    v1.14
    Improved Options mechanism.
    Auto saving new users feature, disabled by default.
    SuperPerms bridge improved - more permissions supported by wildcards.
    File backend dumping now fully functional. SQL dumping is still bogus (do not dump world-specific inheritance and prefixes), will be fixed soon.
    Many bugfixes and minor improvements.
    v1.13
    Superperms (BukkitPerms) support
    Multiworld inheritance and prefixes/suffixes
    Groups weighting
    ChatManager, chat plugin which bundled with PEX.
    Modifyworld now separate plugin, but still bundled with PEX.
    API changed slightly, CustomEvents (PermissionsEntityEvent, PermissionsSystemEvent) introduced.
    Many lesser improvements and tons of bugfixes.
    v1.12
    API get slightly improved
    Ranking ladders.
    User/group name case-insensetivity.
    World-inheritance.
    Timed permissions.
    Modifyworld rules are get improved.
    Tons of minor improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.11
    Many bugfixes and improvements.
    MySQL connection stability improved - reconnection mechanism.
    v1.10
    Promotional/Demotional system.
    Perfomance improvement, with new low-level caching system (thx Joy)
    Modifyworld improved.
    Many lesser improvements and bugfixes.
    v1.06
    New p2compat backend, for easy migration from Permissions 2.x to PEX.
    v1.05
    Users/Groups dumping (pex dump <backend> <file>).
    New commands pex promote/demote. Actually this is just aliases for "pex user group set/remove"
    Few bugfixes.
    v1.04
    Players now can be informed about changes (has been added to group, changed permission/option). Disabled by default - set "permissions.informplayers.changes" to "true"
    Config node "permissions.verbose", which responsible for player informing about modifyworld restrictions has been renamed to "permissions.infromplayers.modifyworld".
    Autocomplete has been improved.
    New command "pex config <node> [value]". This command help to manipulate configuration file (config.yml) from console/chat interface.
    Many bugfixes.
    v1.03
    Autocomplete for users (taken from registred users and online users) and groups names.
    New command for user removing (pex user <user> delete)
    Fixed several nasty bugs. Thanks for bugreports!
    v1.02
    Compatibility layer loading order issue fixed. Now most of plugins should work.
    Tested with new CB 803 build.
    v1.01
    Regular expression permissions support.
    Newer permissions now added above (bugfix).
    Several bugfixes.
    v1.00
    Initial public release.

BRampersad, grid21, MrRazull and 71 others like this.
  2. Offline

A51Rene

+1, I would really like a simple featute like that!

3. Offline

signmatt

No matter what i do, My permissions do not work. every is based off of: OP and Default

4. Ok, I'm somewhat confused about what you are trying to accomplish with the multiverse access nodes. Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

Umm...

Code:
    checked for "modifyworld.blocks.interact.77", "*" found
    checked for "modifyworld.blocks.interact.64", "*" found

pex user <user> add -modifyworld.blocks.interact.77

checked for "modifyworld.blocks.interact.77", "-modifyworld.blocks.interact.77" found
    It works as a block for me with a bare hand. This is with PEX 1.17 and Bukkit 1818

Need more info. Define 'do not work'. You should have access to commands, but don't? You have access to commands but should not? Errors all over the place?

https://github.com/t3hk0d3/PermissionsEx/wiki/Troubleshooting-and-FAQ#wiki-asking-for-help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  5. Offline

rage5110

When Is It Gonna Update To 1.1

6. Offline

Etsijä

Well, it is already working on 1.1. Just because the title doesn't say so, it doesn't mean a plugin isn't working for the newest RB. I mean, we are using HeroChat, and it is still working perfectly well even if the title says build #1060.

Funny. I enabled debug option and when I try to open the door with a bare hand, it says it is checking against "modifyworld.item.use.air.on.block.woodendoor"! What seems to be the matter? Same versions in use as you have.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

A51Rene

Well, I'll try ;)

Here is my latest permissions.yml:
    http://pastie.org/3274846

Our server has the following worlds:
    - world_Creative (main world)
    - world_Flatmap (flat creative)
    - world_Groom_Lake_City (world for creative city project)
    - world_Survival
    - world_Nether
    - world_The_End
    -----------------------------------------
    The default group (Guest) has access to world_Creative, but not the other worlds.
    The registerd group (Member) has access to world_Creative, world_Flatmap, world_Survival.
    The next group (Builder) gains access to world_Groom_Lake_City

Member (and up) is allowed to go to survival, in world_Survival they have the rank 'Survivor'.
    Survivor has the ability to go back to world_Creative and to go to world_Nether and world_The_End.
    Everybody, except one admin, is Survivor in world_Survivor, world_Nether and world_The_End.
    When a Survivor finds himself in the Nether, he only has access to go back to to world_Survival so no shortcut to a creative world is possible. Same goes for The End.

I hope that cleared it up...

8. You have the item use check turned on in the modifyworld config:

Code:
    informPlayers: true
    enable: true
    itemRestrictions: true
        prohibitedItem: You have prohibited item "%s".
        whitelistMessage: You are not allowed to join this server. Goodbye!
        permissionDenied: Sorry, modifyworld says you are not a special snowflake
        whitelist: You are not allowed to join this server. Goodbye!
    whitelist: false
    drop-restricted-item: false
    use-material-names: false
    check-metadata: true
    item-use-check: false <--- You have this set to true
    The "modifyworld.item.use.air.on.block." is a separate and additional check from the modifyworld.blocks.interact nodes.

Hmm... I think the problem is that you have your multiverse nodes in mixed case.

"multiverse.access.world_Creative"

Try making them all lowercase (multiverse.access.world_creative) and see if that works.

You have a two part question here. :)

First, there is a permission node for that command: permissions.manage.membership.<group>
    See https://github.com/t3hk0d3/PermissionsEx/wiki/Commands#wiki-users-group-management

The second part, you mentioned promotion. This is a somewhat separate function from group setting, and involves setting the rank options.

See https://github.com/t3hk0d3/PermissionsEx/wiki/Commands#wiki-groups-user-management and https://github.com/t3hk0d3/PermissionsEx/wiki/Ranks-(Promotion-and-Demotion)

9. Offline

A51Rene

That is worth a try, didn't think about that. Thanks!
    I'll report back to you ;)

10. Offline

hobiten

Thx for Update!!

11. Found out it's actually just essentials. Thanks for asking.

12. Offline

A51Rene

Fixed! The upper cases were the problem. Thank you very much, Justin!

13. Offline

DaClowns

Is there a permissions to give my Moderators to allow them to go /pex group member user add name?

I want them to be able to promote people from rank New to rank Member Is that possible?

Is there a permission node for it I can give to Mods?

14. Offline

TechnoBulldog

Is there something specific that is causing my "Permissions manager not accessible." error? Today I updated from my old PEX (not sure which version, I downloaded it back in early December) to 1.18. I am using the new config.yml file but I kept my old permissions.yml file (both are error free when fed through a YAML Parser). Were there any changes in the permissions storage scheme in the last few versions?

This is a trimmed down version of my permissions.yml file. I removed the permissions because I know they are correct and they will only serve to clutter up the post.
    config.yml (open)

Code:
    permissions:
        log-players: false
        backends:
            file:
                file: permissions.yml
        backend: file
        superperms:
            parent-nodes: true
            enable: true
            strict-mode: false
        createUserRecords: false
        allowOps: false
        debug: false
        basedir: plugins/PermissionsEx

permissions.yml (open)

Code:
    groups:
        default:
            default: true
            inheritance:
            - Builders
            permissions:
            options:
            prefix: '-'
        Builders:
            permissions:
            options:
            prefix: '+'
        VIP:
            inheritance:
            - Builders
            permissions:
            prefix: '&6$'
            suffix: '&f'
        HalfMods:
            inheritance:
            - Builders
            permissions:
            prefix: '%'
            options:
        FullMods:
            inheritance:
            - HalfMods
            permissions:
            prefix: '@'
            options:
        Admins:
            permissions:
            options:
            prefix: '&'
        SuperAdmins:
            permissions:
            options:
            prefix: '&4&'
    users:
        TechnoBulldog:
            group:
            - SuperAdmins

PEX seems to work fine when using the console commands. However, sometimes things will set it off. Specifically when an external plugin is calling it, I believe. For example, when someone kicks a player using CommandBook.....
    CommandBook Kick Command Stack Trace (open)

Code:
    [INFO]  TechnoBulldog has kicked TechnoBulldog2  - Kick Message
    [SEVERE] java.lang.RuntimeException: Permissions manager is not accessable. Is the PermissionsEx plugin enabled?
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.getPermissionManager(PermissionsEx.java:155)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.getUser(PermissionsEx.java:162)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.performCheck(PermissiblePEX.java:123)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.checkPermission(PermissiblePEX.java:109)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.hasPermission(PermissiblePEX.java:101)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftHumanEntity.hasPermission(CraftHumanEntity.java:66)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.broadcast(CraftServer.java:833)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.broadcastMessage(CraftServer.java:263)
    [SEVERE]     at com.sk89q.commandbook.commands.ModerationCommands.kick(ModerationCommands.java:140)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    [SEVERE]     at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.invokeMethod(CommandsManager.java:514)
    [SEVERE]     at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsManager.java:501)
    [SEVERE]     at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.java:403)
    [SEVERE]     at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBookPlugin.onCommand(CommandBookPlugin.java:244)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:168)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:386)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:777)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:737)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:725)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:100)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Or in my custom plugin... (The *** is where it passes through my plugin)
    Custom Plugin Stack Trace (open)

Code:
    [INFO] TechnoBulldog [/IP:PORT] logged in with entity id ID at ([world] -305.14821921881367, 87.03826918364726, 377.99173580795593)
    [INFO]  [NHX] SuperAdmin TechnoBulldog has arrived.
    [SEVERE] java.lang.RuntimeException: Permissions manager is not accessable. Is the PermissionsEx plugin enabled?
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.getPermissionManager(PermissionsEx.java:155)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.PermissionsEx.getUser(PermissionsEx.java:162)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.performCheck(PermissiblePEX.java:123)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.checkPermission(PermissiblePEX.java:109)
    [SEVERE]     at ru.tehkode.permissions.bukkit.superperms.PermissiblePEX.hasPermission(PermissiblePEX.java:101)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftHumanEntity.hasPermission(CraftHumanEntity.java:66)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.broadcast(CraftServer.java:833)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.broadcastMessage(CraftServer.java:263)
    ***[SEVERE]     at com.nhxgaming.minecraft.core.NHX.say(NHX.java:91)
    ***[SEVERE]     at com.nhxgaming.minecraft.core.NHXPlayerCounter.onPlayerJoin(NHXPlayerCounter.java:40)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    [SEVERE]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    [SEVERE]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:1024)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:57)
    [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:453)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:133)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:121)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:61)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:537)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
    [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

Associated Plugin Code (open)

Code:
    public class NHXPlayerCounter implements Listener:

Assume: PermissionsManager pm = PermissionsEx.getPermissionManager();

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.MONITOR) // Line 37
    public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent e) { // Line 38
        if(pm.getUser(e.getPlayer()).inGroup("SuperAdmins")) // Line 39
            p.say("SuperAdmin " + e.getPlayer().getDisplayName() + " has arrived."); // Line 40, the one in the stack trace.
    } // Line 41

public class NHX extends JavaPlugin:

public void say(String say) { // Line 90
        getServer().broadcastMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "[NHX] " + say); // Line 91, the one in the stack trace.
    } // Line 92

When PEX is "set off" like this, it actually prints out either stack trace around 7 times. Strangely enough, however, all of the functionality associated with the trigger plugins remains unaffected. In fact, after it has it's spasm it doesn't do it again until the plugins are reloaded again. (Meaning if I reload the plugins and kick someone, it triggers the error, but if they join back and I kick them again, it doesn't.)

I'm fairly sure that there isn't an error in my code (nor sk89q's code, for that matter). I presume that it is either a problem in my configuration files or a problem with PEX. I noticed on the issue tracker that a few people posted this problem and received the answer "Check your YAML files." and a lock on their issue, but I cannot see any problems with my files. I've also noticed people mentioning it in the recent pages of this thread, but I did not see any mentions of a solution.

I get the feeling that there is an extremely simple answer to my problem that I am simply not seeing. Can anyone offer some advice?

I should also note that I have tried removing the prefixes and suffixes from all of the groups and still have the same error. I don't recall ever having this error in the past (with an older version of PEX).

15. Offline

xtrea

Love your plugin! Hope you liked the donation :p

16. Offline

darkthynder

Is it updated to minecraft 1.1?

17. Offline

Crafted_devil

Can someone tell me if I did this right? This is my first time with Permissions. B

groups:
    default:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*
    Citizen:
    default: false
    - essentials.afk.*
    - essentials.help.*
    - essentials.helpop.*
    - essentials.ignore.*
    - essentials.mail.*
    - essentials.mail.send.*
    - essentials.me.*
    - essentials.msg.*
    - essentials.rules.*
    - essentials.suicide.*
    - essentials.spawn.*
    - essentials.back.*
    - essentials.back.ondeath.*
    - essentials.home.*
    - essentials.sethome.*
    - essentials.tpa.*
    - essentials.tpahere.*
    - essentials.tpaccept.*
    - essentials.tpdeny.*
    - essentials.teleport.cooldown.bypass.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.fall.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.fire.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.drowning.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.fireball.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.lava.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.lightning.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.projectiles.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.suffocation.*
    - essentials.protect.damage.tnt.*
    - essentials.protect.entitytarget.bypass.*
    - essentials.build.*
    - enable-protection-doors.*
    - default-door-timer.*
    - ChestShop.shop.buy.*
    - ChestShop.shop.sell.*
    - ChestShop.shop.create.*
    - Craftipedia.ver.*
    - Craftipedia.use.*
    - iConomy.holdings.*
    - iConomy.help.*
    - iConomy.payment.*
    - lockpick.lock.*
    - lockpick.protect.*
    - lockpick.pick.*
    - iSafe.place.*
    - iSafe.break.*
    - iSafe.drop.*
    - iSafe.interact.*
    - iSafe.vehicle.*

Thank you friends.

-Crafted_Devil.

18. if you edit in the config.yml
    Code:
    allowOps: true

Then the op can make anything, even if he is in a group where he can´t build f. e.? I thouhgt, but he can´t. So does thies command anything else do? thx[cake]

19. Did you not look at the title of the thread? :)

It's hard to tell without the lines being in code tags. With YAML, the format PEX uses, spacing is everything, and if you look, you will see that pasting it in removes the extra spaces.

The first post has a link to an online YAML parser/checker, that will show you if there are any YAML format violations. If you are using windows, notepad++ does a pretty good job of showing any errors.

Aside from that, I didn't notice any problems with the grouping.

20. Offline

Keyush

Can anyone tell me if i am doing this wrong, all the Admin stuff just shows up as red in notepad++ and when i load pex up with the code like that it just crashes but when i remove it it runs fine. It just doesnt show the admin group at all.

groups:
    default:
    permissions:
    - modifyworld.*

Admin:
    permissions:
    prefix: '&6[&7Admin&6] &f'

21. I have a quick modifyworld question ..: I can't get -modifyworld.damage.deal.villager to work. -modifyworld.damage.deal.showman works fine, but villagers can still be damaged when i do -modifyworld.damage.deal.villager

I don't think you need the default: false line. I could also be a spacing issue. (I can't tell from what you posted) But remember NOT to use the tab key. You need to indent using 4 spaces instead.

Hope it helps

Try:
    Code:
    users:
        tman140:
            group:
            - Owner

Group and - owner needs to be on the same indentation level.
    If it does not work try doing it using the command in the console: pex user tman140 group set Owner

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
  22. Offline

Keyush

Yes i noticed that tabing was where i was goign wrong, thank you. :)

What are the colours I can use with this plugin for the prefix's?

23. Keyush likes this.
  24. Offline

tman140

Sorry for bugging you, again...

I have the permissions working, but it wont let me set my status to Owner in the config.

here is my permissions file
    Code:
    users:
        tman140:
            group:
                - Owner
    groups:
      Guest:
      permissions:
      - lwc.deny
      - modifyworld.chat

Builder:
          permissions:
          - iConomy.holdings
          - iConomy.help
          - iConomy.payment
          - iConomy.accounts.give
          - iConomy.accounts.status

- lwc.protect
          - iConomyChestShop.shop.create
          - iConomyChestShop.shop.use
          - iConomyChestShop.shop.sell
          - essentials.afk
          - essentials.compass
          - essentials.depth
          - essentials.help
          - essentials.info
          - essentials.list
          - essentials.mail
          - essentials.mail.send
          - essentials.me
          - essentials.motd
          - essentials.msg
          - essentials.realname
          - essentials.rules
          - essentials.suicide
          - essentials.back
          - essentials.back.ondeath
          - essentials.delhome
          - essentials.delwarp
          - essentials.home
          - essentials.sethome
          - essentials.setwarp
          - essentials.tpa
          - essentials.tpaccept
          - essentials.tpahere
          - essentials.tpdeny
          - essentials.warp
          - essentials.warp.list
          - commandbook.time.check
          - commandbook.isbanned
          - commabdbook.kit.list
          - commandbook.kit.kits.starter
          - commandbook.spawn
          - commandbook.locations.coords
          - lwc.create
          - lwc.info
          - lwc.remove
          - lwc.unlock
          - lwc.modify

Member:
          inheritance: Builder
          permissions:
          - commandbook.kit.list
          - commandbook.kit.kits.stone

V.I.P.:
          inheritance: Member
          permissions:
          - commandbook.kit.kits.diamond

Super V.I.P.:
          inheritance: V.I.P.
          permissions:
          -mobdisguise.*

Admin:
          permissions:
          - chatlogging.toggle
          - worldedit.*
          - essentials.*
          - commandbook.*
          - worldguard.*
          - srpex.*
          - iConomy.*
          - lwc.*
          - iConomyChestShop.*
          - vanish.*
          - permissions.*

Co-owner:
          inheritance: Admin
          permissions:

Owner:
          inheritance: Admin
          permissions:
    as far as i can tell everything is right... but the console says error with user, and then nothing more. What is wrong?

25. Offline

Crafted_devil

Haha. Just saying, (i'm new to all this shit) but I have almost no idea what you said other than the fact that you didn't see anything wrong.

I looked again. I am using notepad...I don't know if it is the Notepad++ tho.

26. Offline

ArticMonkey

maybe I'm doing something wrong but its putting my user data inside the permissions file :confused:. other permissions plugins it has a user file then a permissions file. then when I watched the video and tried the some other tuts/the link u listed. the users and permissions do not seem to want to connect. I just get a default when online. even after making myself a user group. I will try some more to work the bugs out on my end. if anyone has an idea of what could be wrong feel free to let me know :). ty

If anyone wishes i can upload my file for you to look at.

27. Offline

dakmech9

O M G. This works! I SUCK SO MUCH AT DIRECTIONS. This is the only plugin in my server so far, and its been 5 months since i started my server. But i have to say, nice freaking work!

28. Offline

KA_Gamer

Should this work with 1.1-R3?

29. Offline

KilgoreD

I have got one problem, deal is in my permissions, I checked it in Online YAML Parser and everything is right. But look up at mine permissions, what's wrong with them? They just won't work with my server!
    Code:
    users:
        KilgoreD:
            group:
            - creator
        Byaka223:
            group:
            - moderators
        Dj_Not_Nice:
            group:
            - admins
        Viewtiful_Chris:
            group:
            - moderators
        Kirjan:
            group:
            - moderators
        ElfaIzAda:
            group:
            - moderators
        Toncelis:
            group:
            - moderators
        Nartallax:
            group:
            - moderators
    groups:
        default:
            prefix: '&f[Guest]'
            build: false
            permissions:
            - commandbook.spawn
        users:
            inheritance:
            prefix: '&a[User]'
            build: true
            permissions:
            - commandbook.who
            - commandbook.kit.list
            - commandbook.kit.starter
            - commandbook.rules
            - commandbook.time.check
            - commandbook.biome
            - commandbook.home.set
            - commandbook.home.teleport
            - commandbook.warp.teleport
            - commandbook.warp.list
            - commandbook.msg
            - commandbook.away
            - commandbook.whereami
            - commandbook.whois
            - commandbook.whois.other
            - ChestShop.shop.create
            - ChestShop.shop.buy
            - ChestShop.shop.sell
            - factions.kit.halfplayer
            - falsebook.blocks.*
            - iConomy.holdings
            - jobs.join.*
            - jobs.world.*
            - password.password
            - towny.town.*
            - towny.chat.general
            - towny.chat.town
            - towny.chat.nation
            - towny.chat.local
            - towny.wild.*
            - worldborder.list
            - worldedit.selection.expand
            - worldedit.wand
            - worldguard.region.define
            - worldguard.region.redefine.own
            - worldguard.region.claim
            - worldguard.region.select.own.*
            - worldguard.region.info
            - worldguard.region.addowner.own.*
            - worldguard.region.removeowner.own.*
            - worldguard.region.addmember.own.*
            - worldguard.region.removemember.own.*
            - worldguard.region.list.own
            - worldguard.region.flag.regions.own.*
            - worldguard.region.flag.flags.*
            - worldguard.region.setpriority.own.*
            - worldguard.region.setparent.own.*
            - worldguard.region.remove.own.*
            - pvptoggle.command.toggle
            - pvptoggle.command.status
            - help.user.*
            - mcmmo.ability.*
            - mcmmo.skills.*
            - mcmmo.chat.partychat
            - mcmmo.commands.ability
            - mcmmo.commands.myspawn
            - mcmmo.commands.setmyspawn
            - mcmmo.commands.ptp
            - mcmmo.commands.whois
            - mcmmo.commands.party
            - lwc.protect
        moderators:
            inheritance:
            - users
            prefix: '&9[Mod]'
            permissions:
            - commandbook.teleport
            - commandbook.teleport.other
            - commandbook.return
            - commandbook.call
            - commandbook.warp.teleport.other
            - commandbook.warp.set
            - commandbook.warp.remove
            - commandbook.warp.remove.other
            - commandbook.mute
            - commandbook.slap
            - commandbook.slap.other
            - commandbook.gamemode.change
            - commandbook.gamemode.check
            - commandbook.whois
            - commandbook.ip-address
            - commandbook.kick
            - commandbook.bans.ban
            - commandbook.bans.unban
            - commandbook.bans.isbanned
            - commandbook.bans.load
            - commandbook.bans.save
            - ChestShop.admin
            - factions.kit.mod
            - falsebook.anyic
            - magictorches.create
            - towny.chat.mod
            - worldguard.god
            - worldguard.ungod
            - lwc.mod
        vips:
            inheritance:
            - users
            prefix: '&6[VIP]'
            permissions:
            - commandbook.kit.kits.vip
            - factions.kit.fullplayer
            - falsebook.anyic
            - magictorches.create
            - commandbook.teleport
            - worldguard.god
            - worldguard.ungod
            - deathtpplus.deathtp.*
            - deathtpplus.tombstone.*
        admins:
            inheritance:
            - moderators
            prefix: '&4[God]'
            permissions:
            - '*'
        creator:
            inheritance:
            - admins
            prefix: '&0[Keeper]'
    [code]
        KilgoreD:
            group:
            - creator
        Byaka223:
            group:
            - moderators
        Dj_Not_Nice:
            group:
            - admins
        Viewtiful_Chris:
            group:
            - moderators
        Kirjan:
            group:
            - moderators
        ElfaIzAda:
            group:
            - moderators
        Toncelis:
            group:
            - moderators
        Nartallax:
            group:
            - moderators
    groups:
        default:
            prefix: '&f[Guest]'
            build: false
            permissions:
            - commandbook.spawn
        users:
            inheritance:
            prefix: '&a[User]'
            build: true
            permissions:
            - commandbook.who
            - commandbook.kit.list
            - commandbook.kit.starter
            - commandbook.rules
            - commandbook.time.check
            - commandbook.biome
            - commandbook.home.set
            - commandbook.home.teleport
            - commandbook.warp.list
            - commandbook.msg
            - commandbook.away
            - commandbook.whereami
            - commandbook.whois
            - ChestShop.shop.create
            - ChestShop.shop.buy
            - ChestShop.shop.sell
            - factions.kit.halfplayer
            - falsebook.blocks.*
            - iConomy.holdings
            - jobs.join.*
            - jobs.world.*
            - password.password
            - towny.town.*
            - towny.chat.general
            - towny.chat.town
            - towny.chat.nation
            - towny.chat.local
            - towny.wild.*
            - worldborder.list
            - worldedit.selection.expand
            - worldedit.wand
            - worldguard.region.define
            - worldguard.region.redefine.own
            - worldguard.region.claim
            - worldguard.region.select.own.*
            - worldguard.region.info
            - worldguard.region.addowner.own.*
            - worldguard.region.removeowner.own.*
            - worldguard.region.addmember.own.*
            - worldguard.region.removemember.own.*
            - worldguard.region.list.own
            - worldguard.region.flag.regions.own.*
            - worldguard.region.flag.flags.*
            - worldguard.region.setpriority.own.*
            - worldguard.region.setparent.own.*
            - worldguard.region.remove.own.*
            - pvptoggle.command.toggle
            - pvptoggle.command.status
            - help.user.*
            - mcmmo.ability.*
            - mcmmo.skills.*
            - mcmmo.chat.partychat
            - mcmmo.commands.ability
            - mcmmo.commands.myspawn
            - mcmmo.commands.setmyspawn
            - mcmmo.commands.ptp
            - mcmmo.commands.whois
            - mcmmo.commands.party
            - lwc.protect
        moderators:
            inheritance:
            - users
            prefix: '&9[Mod]'
            permissions:
            - commandbook.teleport
            - commandbook.teleport.other
            - commandbook.return
            - commandbook.call
            - commandbook.warp.teleport.other
            - commandbook.warp.set
            - commandbook.warp.remove
            - commandbook.warp.remove.other
            - commandbook.mute
            - commandbook.slap
            - commandbook.slap.other
            - commandbook.gamemode.change
            - commandbook.gamemode.check
            - commandbook.whois
            - commandbook.ip-address
            - commandbook.kick
            - commandbook.bans.ban
            - commandbook.bans.unban
            - commandbook.bans.isbanned
            - commandbook.bans.load
            - commandbook.bans.save
            - ChestShop.admin
            - factions.kit.mod
            - falsebook.anyic
            - magictorches.create
            - towny.chat.mod
            - worldguard.god
            - worldguard.ungod
            - lwc.mod
        vips:
            inheritance:
            - users
            prefix: '&6[VIP]'
            permissions:
            - commandbook.kit.kits.vip
            - factions.kit.fullplayer
            - falsebook.anyic
            - magictorches.create
            - commandbook.teleport
            - worldguard.god
            - worldguard.ungod
            - deathtpplus.deathtp.*
            - deathtpplus.tombstone.*
        admins:
            inheritance:
            - moderators
            prefix: '&4[God]'
            permissions:
            - '*'
        creator:
            inheritance:
            - admins
            prefix: '&0[Keeper]'

30. I figured it out: the villager entity is not just .villager - It is .npc.villager
    Someone should edit the wiki entry.

I took a look at them and i don't see a problem. What exactly happens when you start the server? Could you post the error you get?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
  31. Yep, the node changed all right. Wiki corrected. Thanks for mentioning that.