Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

sk8t

I have a problem, after I install the plugin I cant place block in the game, they disappear instantly, same thing happens when I try to destroy blocks

3. Offline

MaWe4585

You have to put you in one of the groups which actually can build things. per default i think, the Default Group can not build thing

4. Offline

sebdar77

I've got a bug when I start my server.

this is my plugins :
    and this is the log:

Code:
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.2
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 0.0.0.0:27060
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.performConversion(YamlUserStorage.java:42)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.<init>(YamlUserStorage.java:30)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlCreator.getUserStorage(YamlCreator.java:33)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getUserStorage(StorageFactory.java:76)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(ModularControl.java:95)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(ModularControl.java:86)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularControl.java:116)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:181)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:133)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:121)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.performConversion(YamlUserStorage.java:42)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.<init>(YamlUserStorage.java:30)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.YamlCreator.getUserStorage(YamlCreator.java:33)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getUserStorage(StorageFactory.java:76)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(ModularControl.java:95)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(ModularControl.java:86)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.load(ModularControl.java:116)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.setupPermissions(Permissions.java:181)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onLoad(Permissions.java:133)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:121)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Unable to load permission data.
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [SEVERE] [Permissions] Shutting down Permissions due to error(s).
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-07-17 15:53:12 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: -1491550904908456450)
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 1844829364024946654)
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MultiVerse v1.7.2 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.checkPermissions(MultiVerse.java:514)
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MultiVerse.onEnable(MultiVerse.java:75)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:334)
        ... 12 more
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette version 1.3.8 is being enabled!  Yay!  (Core version 1.0)
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette: Detected craftbukkit build [953] ok.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [SEVERE] Another plugin is trying to enable GroupManager manually. Don't do this! It's probably org.yi.acru.bukkit.PluginCore
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] GroupManager - INFO - Scheduled Data Saving is set for every 10 minutes!
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5) [Zombie-Version, please switch to Permissions 3] is enabled!
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette: Linked to GroupManager plugin version 1.0(alpha-5) [Zombie-Version, please switch to Permissions 3]
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to MultiVerse
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPluginListener.onPluginEnable(MVPluginListener.java:21)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$41.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:527)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:864)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:264)
        at org.yi.acru.bukkit.PluginCore.setupPermissions(PluginCore.java:173)
        at org.yi.acru.bukkit.Lockette.Lockette.onEnable(Lockette.java:121)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        ... 18 more
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette: Failed to link to Permissions plugin version 2.7.2!
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette: Using ops file for admin permissions.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Lockette: Ready to protect your containers.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling MagicCarpet v1.5.6 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
        at com.Android.magiccarpet.MagicCarpet.setupPermissions(MagicCarpet.java:340)
        at com.Android.magiccarpet.MagicCarpet.onEnable(MagicCarpet.java:71)
        ... 12 more
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] WorldEdit 4.6 enabled.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to MultiVerse
        at com.onarandombox.Rigby.MultiVerse.MVPluginListener.onPluginEnable(MVPluginListener.java:21)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$41.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:527)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:864)
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsGeoIP build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com/.
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsProtect build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    2011-07-17 15:53:13 [INFO] Done (0.117s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-07-17 15:53:19 [INFO] /94.23.219.36:38954 lost connection
    2011-07-17 15:53:24 [INFO] /94.23.219.36:38960 lost connection
    2011-07-17 15:53:33 [INFO] /94.23.219.36:38972 lost connection

this is the config :

help me please !

5. Offline

briankdk

Hi all

im really trying to figure this out my self..... but cant !

i have created a group calle BAD PLAYERS, and set build to false!

Works like its supposed.....players in that group (bad players) cant build anything !

But...they can use Worldedit, and with that tool...the can still destroy the whole world.....

How do i set up permissions for only admins group to be able to use World edit ?

And why can players in the group "bad players" even USE worldedit ? (permissions for that group is empty

Code:
    groups:
        New Player:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&2'
                suffix: '&f'
                build: true
            permissions:
                - foo.bar
        Moderator:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'foo.*'
                - '-foo.test'
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
            permissions:
                - '*'
        BAD Player:
            info:
                build: false
            permissions:

6. Offline

vasil7112

hey i need help in the ingame commands so answer plz soon!!
    i wanna promote the players ingame e.g I wanna a new to be a builder
    But when i use the promote command.."pr name promote group" it does not working..
    it says the specificated user is not in a group

7. Offline

samp20

Can anybody enlighten with the usage of the new API commands, In particular I'd like to know how to change the group a user belongs to, and possibly the promotion/demotion. The reason I need to know is I'm currently writing a plugin to link phpBB's groups with permissions' groups.

Regards,
    Sam

8. Offline

palz2015

My commandz iz broke! First, I made all of the world users files say users: and nothing else and copying the primary world's list over to globalUsers.yml. Then things got fucked up --- nobody was in their groups. So i copied the content of globalUsers into all of the users.ymls and now nobody has any permissions.

9. Offline

xsrrpp

Hello,
    I can´t not understand why i can´t promote over more then one Group.
    It say User/Group does not exist.

Groups.yml:

Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
                prefix: '&2(Gast)&f'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - foo.bar
            - essentials.rules
            - essentials.list
            - essentials.motd
        Verwarnt:
            info:
                prefix: '&2(Verwarnt)&f'
            inheritance:
            - User
            permissions:
        User:
            info:
                prefix: (User)&f
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - foo.bar
            - essentials.spawn
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.warp.list
            - essentials.afk
            - essentials.me
            - essentials.msg
            - essentials.back
            - essentials.back.ondeath
            - essentials.kit
            - essentials.kit.minecart
            - essentials.signs.free.use
            - essentials.signs.disposal.use
            - essentials.mail
            - essentials.mail.send
            - essentials.signs.mail.create
            - essentials.signs.mail.use
            - myhome.home.basic.*
            - myhome.home.soc.*
            - bColoredChat.signColor
            - lwc.protect
            - iConomy.rank
            - iConomy.list
            - iConomy.payment
            - iConomy.access
            - localshops.user.*
            - localshops.manager.*
            - mobarena.use.*
            - mobarena.classes.Tank
            - mobarena.classes.Archer
            - mobarena.classes.Knight
            - falsebook.blocks.lift
            - falsebook.hiddenswitch
            - falsebook.lightswitch.use
        Fairy:
            info:
                prefix: '&d(Fairy)&f'
            inheritance:
            - User
            permissions:
            - essentials.jump
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.tphere
            - essentials.tpahere
            - essentials.tpohere
            - essentials.tpo
            - essentials.tpa
            - essentials.tpaccept
            - essentials.tpdeny
            - essentials.tptoggle
            - essentials.tppos
            - essentials.kick
            - essentials.signs.disposal.create
            - essentials.signs.free.create
            - falsebook.blocks.gate
            - falsebook.blocks.lightswitch.create
            - falsebook.hiddenswitch.create
            - falsebook.bridge
            - bColoredChat.chatColor
        Admin:
            info:
                prefix: '&1(Admin)'
            inheritance:
            - Fairy
            - User
            permissions:
            - '*'
        Besitzer:
            info:
                prefix: '&1(Besitzer)'
                suffix: '&3'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - '*'
    track:
        - Verwarnt
        - User
        - Fairy
        - Admin
    Users.yml
    Code:
    users:
        xsrrpp:
            groups:
            - Besitzer
            permissions: []
        rotauge95:
            groups:
            - Admin
        MirkoDablo:
            groups:
            - Admin
            permissions:
            - essentials.item
        tatibo:
            groups:
            - Admin
            permissions:
            - essentials.item
        Player:
            groups:
            - User
        Werwaffel:
            groups:
            - User
        Matze:
            groups:
            - User
        reyking225:
            permissions:
            groups:

I use the command: /pr <username> promote Admin
    Reaction: User/Group does not exist.
    Promotion/demotion sucsessful.
    But it Promotes only one group up!

Please help me!

10. Offline

willyt3hwhale

11. Offline

Jeyge

Permissions failed for some reason. If you post that error and perhaps your permissions files if needed, someone will be able to help.
    1) You define the world ID values. I would make a list of all of your current worlds and assign a unique number to each and use that as your WorldID.
    2) You can paste all of the statements into one file if you want or keep them all as individual files. That is all up to you.
    3) You have to create the tables first using the structure in the wiki.
    See the wiki FAQ. I updated it with everything that I usually post for build problems.
    You are trying to run 2 permission plugins. I would pick one of them and stick with it. As for the Permissions error, it looks like you pasted your GroupManager config files in your plugins\permissions\<world> directory which is fine because it will try to convert it but there must be some blank lines in there. I would remove all blank line (- with nothing after it) and any nulls then try again if you want to use Permissions. If you still run into problems, post all of your permissions yml files in code blocks (button on the toolbar above where you type) or on pastebin.com.
    Moderator is inheriting from Default but you don't have a Default group. Change it to New Player.
    You need to set up tracks/default track for those commands to work. See the end of the Chat Commands topic on the wiki for information on how to set that up. As for the command you are using, I would remove the <group> from the end and just let it promote using the default track. If that doesn't help, then post your groups.yml with your current track/tracks setup.

Post all of your permissions files and someone should be able to take a look.
    Adding Admin to the end of the promote command tells the plugin that you think the user is currently in the Admin group. I would remove it and you should see the command start to work. But it will only move one group. If you are trying to make them an Admin, you would be better off using "parents add" and "parents remove" or a different track which takes them directly to Admin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  12. Offline

o0AzzA0o

13. Offline

Jeyge

Did you delete part of your server.log? The only reason I ask is that you have a GroupManger warning but I don't see it starting up in your server.log and I'm not finding the broken plugin causing the IllegalAccessError.

As for your Permissions error, you have the IllegalAccessError that many people get. You can find some information about it in the OP and also in the wiki FAQ.

14. Offline

xsrrpp

Thank you very much

15. Offline

palz2015

I have 4 worlds, but I'm giving you the files for worlds "world" and "flat" (flatgrass map).
    globalGroups.yml: http://pastie.org/2227624
    globalUsers.yml: http://pastie.org/2227634
    world/groups.yml: http://pastie.org/2227629
    world/users.yml: http://pastie.org/2227631 (some of these "users" are FakeMessage ;D)
    flat/groups.yml: http://pastie.org/2227638
    flat/users/yml: http://pastie.org/2227642

I know it's a lot, but I'd be extremely grateful for this to work (I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow).

16. Offline

willyt3hwhale

Nope I did not delete any part of the server log. Thanks for the fast reply though!

17. Offline

Jeyge

Very quickly looking thru things I see a couple problems but I wanted to ask a question first. It looks like almost all of your files are exactly the same and if this is true, you would be much better off using World Mirroring. It allows you to only have to maintain one file and it will be copied to all of the other worlds. If this is what you really want, then I would take a look at the topic Storageconfig.yml Options on the wiki in the World Mirroring section.

If not, here are the errors I saw. You need to move your tracks: to the end of the file. Right now, it is after your groups: and will break all groups that come after it. Also, it won't do you any good in the global file as you won't be promoting those people but instead the people in the local world files. If you really want to stick with the global files, I would take a look at the Global vs. World topic at example 2. Another problem is with your Regent group. Your inheritance and permissions nodes are currently in the info node and need to be move back out 4 spaces.

I'm not sure how a GroupManager warning would show up in your log then and you aren't running any of the plugins that would normally cause the IllegalAccessError so I can only suggest changing Permissions.jar to aPermissions.jar. That should remove the error.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

palz2015

Thanks for the help, but I use PermissionsPlus for my commands (no offence permissions purists), and it has a bug where it doesn't update all world user files when promoting/demoting. But with this world mirroring I don't think it matters. Anywho, my storageconfig is empty, should I be concerned?
    Oh and btw, the reason all the files look similar is because I have copy/pasted from the primary world files.

19. Offline

willyt3hwhale

I saw that solution on the wiki too and tested it and it seems to work!

20. Offline

aattss

When I do /pr : aattss, it says that it can't find me. Here is all my users yml

Code:
    users:
        aattss:
            groups:
            - Admins

I think it says

Code:
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr | Displays Permissions Info
    I just noted that the | looks like a line. In command prompt, a capitalized backwards slash looks more like a colon. Also, since it's true that permissions does not seem to recognize my character, it seems that that command may be valid, not to mention when I type it in I get the following code

Code:
    15:11:50 [INFO] [Permissions] No world specified. Defaulting to default world.
    15:11:50 [INFO] [Permissions] User/Group does not exist.

21. Offline

vasil7112

Can anyone give me an example of groups and tracks?together...

22. Offline

Jeyge

If your storageconfig.yml is empty, it just defaults to YAML files so I wouldn't worry about that.
    That isn't a valid command.

There are plenty already in the thread but here is a very simple one.
    Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            info:
            inheritance:
        Member:
            info:
                prefix: '[Member]'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'warpplugin.warp'
                - 'econplugin.basic.*'
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '[MOD]'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'modplugin.ban'
                - 'modplugin.kick'
                - 'modplugin.unban'
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: '[Admin]'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    track:
        - Admins
    tracks:
        Foo:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  23. Offline

aattss

Code:
    >Permissions help
    14:57:24 [INFO] [Permissions] No world specified. Defaulting to default world.
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr | Displays Permissions Info
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr -reload | Reloads the default world
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr -reload all | Reloads all worlds
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr -reload [world] | Reloads [world]
    14:57:24 [INFO] /pr (g:)<target> (w:<targetworld>) (action) (actionparams) | Dir
    ects (action) on specified group/user.
    It is a valid command. Above is what I got from typing in Permissions help.

24. Offline

Jeyge

I'm looking thru that and I just don't see where it says that "/pr : <user>" is a valid command but perhaps I'm reading it differently than you are.

25. Offline

Stephen Brown

Code:
    11:36:31 [SEVERE] while parsing a block mapping
     in "<reader>", line 1, column 1:
        users:
        ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
     in "<reader>", line 6, column 4:
           AlexMutie123:
           ^

11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappin
    gKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:576)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(Parser
    Impl.java:163)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(Parse
    rImpl.java:148)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNo
    de(Composer.java:228)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Comp
    oser.java:160)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(
    Composer.java:122)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Co
    mposer.java:105)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSin
    gleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configurati
    on.java:82)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.performConversion(Yam
    lUserStorage.java:35)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.data.YamlUserStorage.<init>(YamlUserStorag
    e.java:30)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.data.YamlCreator.getUserStorage(YamlCreato
    r.java:33)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.data.StorageFactory.getUserStorage(Storage
    Factory.java:76)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.forceLoadWorld(
    ModularControl.java:95)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.loadWorld(Modul
    arControl.java:86)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.PrWorldListener.onWo
    rldLoad(PrWorldListener.java:11)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$50.execute(Ja
    vaPluginLoader.java:591)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(Regist
    eredListener.java:58)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(Simpl
    ePluginManager.java:321)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:267)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftSe
    rver.java:148)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:335)
    11:36:31 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:422)
    >
    Could anyone tell me what error i'm having and how to fix it? I can't seem to get the commands to work for the person the error is happening to. Thank you.

26. Offline

Jeyge

It looks like your spacing is messed up somewhere. Line 6 should start in column 5 and not 4 but it will be hard to tell without the actual files.

27. Offline

Stephen Brown

Alright, Here's the files

Code:
    users:
        Deathsblood:
            groups:
            - Admins
            permissions:
        AlexMutie123:
            info:
            groups:
            Permissions:
            - worldedit.*
            - commandbook.weather
            - commandbook.weather.thunder
        Demytix:
            groups:
            Permissions:
        pikmin898:
            groups:
        xroguesayian:
            groups:
        Derpina:
            groups:

28. Offline

Jeyge

That must be after fixing it since AlexMutie123 now starts in column 5. If that didn't fix everything, then post the new error.

29. Offline

Stephen Brown

Here is the both of them right now, and no that didn't fix it.

Code:
    12:37:32 [SEVERE] while parsing a block mapping
     in "<reader>", line 1, column 1:
        users:
        ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
     in "<reader>", line 6, column 4:
           AlexMutie123:
           ^
    Code:
    users:
        Deathsblood:
            groups:
            - Admins
            permissions:
        AlexMutie123:
            info:
            groups:
            Permissions:
            - worldedit.*
            - commandbook.weather
            - commandbook.weather.thunder
        Demytix:
            groups:
            Permissions:
        pikmin898:
            groups:
        xroguesayian:
            groups:
        Derpina:
            groups:

30. Offline

Jeyge

That file doesn't match that error. I would look for another users.yml file that has line 6 starting in column 4. The file posted above has line 6 starting in column 5 which is correct.

31. Offline

AndyFox42

I have been trying to get Permissions to work for hours with no luck. I have read all documentation in the FAQ on wiki and the OP and have tried all things suggested there with no luck. I am using Bukkit build 953 with MC 1.7.3.

I am migrating from Group Manager but that is not apparently my problem. EssentialGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar are both deleted and I see no trace of them. I have no Group Manager messages in log.

I reviewed the list of plugins known to cause IAE's. The only one I had was BigBrother. With BB disabled, the problem persists.

In game, when I type /pl Permissions appears but is Red indicating a problem. I have tried renaming it to zPermissions.jar as suggested, but this did not seem to help. When I did this, Permissions no longer appeared on the /pl list and several other plugins that require permissions were red instead.

My worlds are named world and world_nether. I have folders named each of these things within permissions folder, and in each is the groups.yml and users.yml. I have gone through them extensively and they seem to be formatted properly. See below.

The global users file has one entry listing myself as a member of the group admin with permission * (no inheritences.)

The groups.yml files in each world folder are identicle. Admins have * permission and do not inherit from anybody.The users.yml file in the world and world_nether folder lists only me, as admin, with * permission and no inheritence. There are no typos or syntax errors that I can find.

Here are my files:

Log
    Code:
    Chat
    Essentials: Payment method found (iConomy version: 5)
    CONSOLE: WorldEdit 4.6 enabled.
    CONSOLE: WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    LocalShops: Loaded with 24 shop(s)
    LocalShops: Version 3.1.1 is enabled: f9367ef9-6873-42d4-8fec-554c315c1e6e
    LocalShops: Starting NotificationThread with Timer of 300 seconds
    LocalShops][Economy: BOSEconomy not found.
    LocalShops][Economy: Essentials Economy hooked.
    LocalShops][Economy: Essentials Economy found: Loaded
    LocalShops][Economy: iConomy 4 not found.
    LocalShops][Economy: iConomy 5 found: Waiting
    LocalShops][Permission: Permissions (Phoenix) not found.
    LocalShops][Permission: Local Fallback Permissions found: Loaded
    CONSOLE: CraftBookMechanisms 37-a9b78b6 enabled.
    CONSOLE: CraftBookMechanisms: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: 1 cauldron recipe(s) loaded
    Permissions: (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    CONSOLE: CraftBookCircuits: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: WorldEdit: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: CraftBookCircuits: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: No known permissions plugin detected. Using configuration file for permissions.
    CONSOLE: SimpleSave: Parts of config file are blank, but not null. Possible errors might happen.
    CONSOLE: SimpleSave: DON'T! Post this 'warning' on the thread.
    CONSOLE: SimpleSave: 3.22 Initialized
    DeathTpPlus: 5 Kill Streaks loaded.
    DeathTpPlus: 5 Death Streaks loaded.
    iConomy: Logging is currently disabled.
    iConomy: v5.01 (Eruanna) loaded.
    iConomy: Developed by: [Nijikokun]
    LocalShops][Economy: iConomy 5 hooked.
    MyPlugin: hooked into iConomy.
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    CONSOLE: SimpleSignEdit v1.4 enabled.
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsProtect build 2.4.1 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    Administrate: - Permissions hooked using: Permissions v3.1.6
    CONSOLE: AndyFox42 has logged in.
    CONSOLE: SimpleSave: Current save interval is 90 minute(s)
    CONSOLE: SimpleSave: Current backup interval is 90 minute(s)
    CONSOLE: player join, heres var s 1
    CONSOLE: xS3THx has logged in.
    CONSOLE: cph645 has logged in.
    groups.yml
    Code:
    groups:
    track:
        - Citizen
        - VIP
        - Admin
      VIP:
        permissions:
        - deathtpplus.deathtp
        - essentials.kit.vip
        - essentials.warp
        - essentials.warp.list
        - essentials.world
        - humiliation.slap
        - localshops.free.*
        - magiccarpet.mc
        - magiccarpet.ml
        - simplesign.colour.*
        - worldedit.navigation.jumpto
        inheritance: citizen
        info:
          prefix: '&d'
          interact: true
      Citizen:
        permissions:
        - bog.*
        - chaircraft.sit
        - craftbook.mech.*
        - deathtpplus.deaths
        - deathtpplus.kills
        - deathtpplus.streak
        - DF.gladiator
        - DF.shield
        - essentials.afk
        - essentials.chat.shout
        - essentials.clearinventory
        - essentials.depth
        - essentials.home
        - essentials.kit
        - essentials.kit.citizen
        - essentials.me
        - essentials.msg
        - essentials.pay
        - essentials.rules
        - essentials.sethome
        - essentials.suicide
        - essentials.worth
        - iConomy.access
        - iConomy.list
        - iConomy.payment
        - iConomy.rank
        - jail.usercmd.jailstatus
        - localshops.manager.*
        - localshops.manager.add
        - localshops.manager.remove
        - localshops.user.*
        - lottery.buy
        - lwc.protect
        - payday
        - pvptoggle.command.status
        - pvptoggle.command.toggle
        - pvptoggle.use
        - simple.hat
        - simplesign.edit
        inheritance:
        info:
          prefix: '&b'
      Guest:
        permissions:
        - essentials.help
        - essentials.helpop
        - essentials.list
        - essentials.motd
        - essentials.rules
        - essentials.spawn
        inheritance: []
        info:
          interact: false
      Moderator:
        permissions:
        - administrate.invisible
        - administrate.noaggro
        - bb.admin.info
        - essentials.ban
        - essentials.banip
        - essentials.broadcast
        - essentials.clearinventory.others
        - essentials.ext
        - essentials.heal
        - essentials.kick
        - essentials.kit.moderator
        - essentials.mute
        - essentials.time.*
        - essentials.tp
        - essentials.tppos
        - essentials.world
        - jail.command.jail
        - jail.command.jailcheck
        - jail.command.jaillist
        - jail.command.jailtransfer
        - jail.command.jailtransferall
        - jail.command.unjail
        - lwc.mod
        - OpenInv.openinv
        - simplesign.edit.all
        - worldedit.navigation.thru
        inheritance: VIP
        info:
          prefix: '&9'
      Admin:
        permissions:
        - '*'
        inheritance:
        info:
          prefix: '&4'

Please note, I use rented hosting and my only access to my server/files is with McMyAdmin. I saw in the FAQ that there was some mention of it only using Global files. What does this mean? What do I have to do to make it work with MCMA?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.