Inactive [ADMN/DEV] Permissions 3.1.6 - The Plugin of Tomorrow [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by rcjrrjcr, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rcjrrjcr

Permissions 3.1.6 (Yeti)

Download:
    Latest Stable (3.1.6) : Full Zip | Main Jar Only | SQL Interface Jar Only

Previous Versions:
    3.1.5 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.4 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.3 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.2 (JAR|SQL) | 3.1.1 (JAR) | 3.1 (JAR) | More older versions

COMMAND RESTRUCTURING
    Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL CONFIGS FOR NOW. THE GLOBAL CONFIG IS MEANT TO SUPPLEMENT WORLD-SPECIFIC CONFIGS, NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND. SEE https://github.com/TheYeti/Permissions/wiki/Global-vs-World .I WILL WRITE A PROPER TUTORIAL ON HOW TO USE THE GLOBAL CONFIGS SOON.

TODO:
    • Revamp commands
    Known plugins that cause IllegalAccessError(s):

• Help (not fixed yet)
    Temp Fix for IAEs (open)

1. Open Help's JAR with 7zip.
    2. Find MANIFEST.MF (it can be in the root folder or in the META-INF folder, or both).
    3. Open the MANIFEST.MF file in a text editor
    4. Look for a line that starts with "Class-Path:".
    5. Delete "Permissions.jar" from that line.
    6. Save the manifest.
    7. 7zip will prompt you to save changes back into the archive. Accept.
    8. Restart server.

Plugin Authors: How to hook into Permissions

Due to @TheYeti being busy in RL for now, I have created a new thread for Permissions 3.x. TheYeti is still part of the Permissions team.

Permissions... Reborn.
    This is a continuation of the work that was originally done by Nijikokun. All original credit goes to them as without their work this plugin would not have been possible. This plugin does not provide any commands or additional functionality beyond what is described in this post. That means that you need another plugin to provide colored names, chat prefixes, and op commands such as /give and /time.​

The Permissions Team

The team consists of myself @rcjrrjcr and @TheYeti currently with contributions from @Nijikokun as well on occasion. There are also several other members of the community who frequently assist with providing code changes, bug fixes, patches, support, feedback, and beta testing. Special thanks to @flames and the Dynmap & Wormhole X-Treme teams for the hosting of Permissions on their Jenkins server.

What's new in 3.x?

Taken from the GitHub page:
    1. In-game commands. For a long time, users have been pestering, nagging, demanding and/or screaming for an way to manage Permissions via commands. Now, in 3.0, in-game commands are available to manage permissions and groups.
    2. SQL storage. This allows web interfaces to manage Permissions by updating the SQL database Permissions uses.
    3. Promotion/demotion tracks. With a simple command, users can be promoted/demoted along a preconfigured track, allowing RP servers with ranks to promote the player along a class track and other possibilities.
    4. Multigroup.
    5. Weightage. Plugins are able to compare users via their weight, which is inherited from their groups. For example, SlapPlugin can check if Player A is higher-weighted than Player B when A tries to slap B (Not IRL, obviously).
    6. Improved world mirroring. Config files are now split into a group file and a user file. Also, by editing storageconfig.yml, you can configure the mirroring of entire worlds, or just its users/groups. You also do not have to create files for worlds that mirror another world. Also, two different worlds can use different storage types, like YAML and SQL.
    7. Global permissions. Instead of having to resort to cross-world group inheritance, now all worlds inherit groups and users from the global permissions file. Also, the inherited groups/users can be overridden via editing the specific world's file.
    Upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

I have written a guide on GitHub. This demonstrates how to convert 2.x-style configs to 3.0. The YAML-to-SQL converter are still in testing, but it can be downloaded from here. It's written in Perl. @Zgred has created a web version of the script located here. @omgneeq is working on an Web UI for SQL databases (Sorry about the previous statement that he was making a converter.)​

Install (open)
    For the admins

In case you missed the link above, the Setup Guide on GitHub will help you quite a bit

Samkio has updated his tutorial for P3:

First thing that you will need to do is download the plugin. Place it in your plugins/ folder and unzip it. This should create the folder Permissions and a Permissions.jar file in your plugins folder. Next, go into Permissions/ and create a folder named the same as your world. So if your world name from server.properties is Foo you will need to create the folder plugins/Permissions/Foo. You MUST rename it to whatever your world's name is or it will not work.

Note, if you have your server maps all saved into a single directory then the initial setup will be somewhat different. Say your maps are arranged in the main directory like so: bukkit/mapfolder/world1, bukkit/mapfolder/world2, etc. Then inside of the plugin/Permissions directory you will need to create a folder called mapfolder and inside of that put the directories containing users.yml and groups.yml in there.

Next, you will need to go in and add yourself to the users, just replace the user that is in there with your name. Make any other modifications that you need to. While making modifications make sure that you do NOT use tabs. These will break the YAML format and cause issues. Instead, each indent should be four spaces. If you want people who aren't in the Admin group to be able to reload the permissions plugin you need to give them 'permissions.reload' permissions within the config file.

Permissions gives server admins great control, mostly in-game reloading. More info about commands can be found here.

FAQ (open)

[FAQ]

[Q] What is with the version numbers? I can't keep up, it seems like every time I look there is a new version!
    [A] I use the GNU versioning system for my version numbers. So what this means is the version number should be read as Major.Minor.Revision. So for version 2.5.2 this would mean it is the 2nd Major version, the 5th Minor release in this version, and the 2nd revision. I tend to release bug fixes and anything that doesn't add functionality or will not break things as revisions. So generally you should be safe with just watching the major & minor numbers and only getting the revision if it fixes a bug specific to you. Technically 2.5.2 should have been released as 2.6 as it did add functionality, but this was below even a minor change so I released it as a revision.

[Q] I am getting an error that it can't pass BLOCK_PLACED or BLOCK _BREAK events to Permissions. Fix it!
    [A] That's not a question. The reason why it can't place these is probably because the syntax of your Permissions file is all whacked out, or it is a different world and you don't have a config file for that world.

[Q] What am I suppose to name the config file?
    [A] You need to name it the same as your world. So if you look in server.properties at "level-name" you will see a world name there. Rename your config file to the same thing as that. Make sure you keep the .yml extension at the end.

[Q] Permissions are broken. Why can no one use commands? Why am I not an admin?
    [A] First off, make sure that your formatting is correct. Look at the format that the default config file uses. Yours should look like that. Do NOT use tabs. Use 4 spaces (IE. " " <-- Four of those things.). Also, whichever group you give the permission '*' to, do not have that group inherit permissions from anyone else. That is called overloading and it will break things. Also, this.

[Q] Which one am I suppose to download and unzip to install this?
    [A] Download the main package, not the JAR only. Unzip the ZIP file. The JAR only downloads are simply there for people who are UPGRADING and do not need the default config file.

[Q] I have done all of this and this doesn't work! I'm going back to GroupManager!
    [A] Well, there is probably the problem. Make sure that you delete EssentialsGroupManager.jar and EssentialsGroupBridge.jar as these don't play well with Permissions and will cause headache.

[Q] When are you going to add <blah> <feature/command> into this already? You suck! Do what I want NAU PL0X!
    [A] Feature requests should be posted on the GitHub tracker. Stupid suggestions like adding teleportation functionality and other less ludicrous stuff will be rejected.

Changelog
      • Major fixes.
      • Simplify tracks
    Changelog (open)

• Fix several minor bugs.
      • Autoconvert 2.x/GM format (only works if you split them into groups.yml and users.yml, but leave the rest untouched)
      • Fix YAML locking bugs.
      • Fix another SQL data and inheritance issue.
      • Fix SQL data issues.
      • Added user/group name autocomplete
      • Separated SQL interface into separate plugin
      • Fix prefix/suffix issues.
      • Added ON UPDATE CASCADE to the SQL foreign [/SIZE]
      • Tons of fixes.
      • Fix SQLite issues due to misimplementation of methods.
      • Fix cache-related NPEs
      • Fixed quoted worlds (thanks again @Jeyge !)
      • Fix LinkageError caused by ServiceManager not unloading the PermissionHandler class.
      • Added cache
      • Fix index not being incremented when promoting (thanks @Jeyge !)
      • Fixed another getGroup bug.
      • Fixed getGroup bug.
      • Fixed some NPE bugs.
      • Total overhaul of Permissions. Adds many new features (see What's new in 3.0?).
      • Added overload of has() and permissions() for plugin devs
      • Fixed negate node add/remove bug.
      • Fix for small subtle bug introduced in last minor version.
      • Commit by DThielke to fix several bugs with programmatic modifications of user permissions.
      • Further commits by rcjrrjcr
        • Removed negatedNode checks
        • Temp fix for NULL issue
        • WorldConfigurationModification to save only modified configs
        • Fix for cache problems

Credits (open)

TheYeti:
    Nijikokun - Without their original work this plugin would not be possible.​
    All of the members of the community that regularly provide support in this thread for Permissions​
    Rigby, Kainzo, DThielke, GoMySQL, sk89q, RightLegRed - For hanging out with me in IRC, tons of testing, and pushing me to improve on the code constantly and make changes to make this plugin constantly better and better, and in general being entertaining.​
    Everyone else on here and in IRC who provides support, feedback, assistance, plugins that have continued to support and integrate this, and in general makes my life a bit easier, THANK YOU!​

rcjrrjcr:
    I would like to thank Joy , jamesg and omgneeq for staying in #permissions for long periods of time to test out 3.0, and help me find many coding mistakes I made, patiently waiting for the next build while I fixed the bugs. I appreciate SvenBrnn 's and GoMySQL(Geoff Winans on this forum) 's help that allow me to design and code the SQL interface, and the HeroCraft coding team for providing support and some priceless IRC quotes (Dgco). Also, I would like to thank Lycano for helping me in many different aspects. Last but not least, I would like to thank Nijikokun and TheYeti for developing P2, which was one of my core plugins when I was still a 14-year-old server admin that didn't understand Java, and was the base for 3.0. Without these people, 3.0 would never be possible.​

If after reading through all of that you are still having issues do one of two things. If it is a provable bug, and you have things like screenshots or copies of startup, steps to reproduce, your craftbukkit build and the version this is running along with your config files then submit the bug on the issue tracker. If it is general help or support you are needing then post a reply to this thread and someone will try to help you.

Old thread: Permissions v2.7.4

2. Offline

Jademalo

Because it didnt occur to me... Thanks =]

3. Offline

wachnlurn

hi, im trying to create a group for a new world using in game commands. i tried
    /pr g:<groupname> create {world name}
    as that seemed like the logical command, but this does not work. :( i looked through the wiki and could not find the chat command to do this.
    any help or point me in the right direction to find this command would be appreciated.

4. Offline

Spwizzard2

Hi everybody, I'm just trying to get a small private server up, running some basic plugins, nothing too great. I followed multiple tutorials and got a bukkit server running fine, but without any plug-ins. So today I tried to install permissions and got this error:

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Permissions.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:168)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:199)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:122)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

After reading the FAQ, I realized that I needed to update my java to at least 1.6. I updated to "Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 10", which is supposed to be at least Java 1.6. But I am still getting the same error. I also ran the UpdateServer.command today, as well as downloaded the latest version as well. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I'm running on a Mac 1.5.8 Leopard if that helps.

5. Offline

Oliver200666

Someone reply! I haven't been able to fix this issue ever since the gay ass piece of shit version of permissions came out that's impossible to understand, I set it up exactly like the guy does in the installation video but when I go on I am unable to break or place blocks, I only had this plugin on and it stopped me, I made a fresh Bukkit server before and I was able to build. I seriously need help D: I have no server till I can fix, but I don't know how. I dont get any errors in the console either, I need solutions !!

6. Offline

ACStache

if you look at my post on page 133 you can see how I have it set up for globals. it also explains how to get the extra per world permissions running. you need to inherit the globalGroups from the world's groups and also have the globalUsers groups: section be - ?,<group>. if this doesn't makes sense read the post :D I'm fairly certain that will make more sense. but yea, also the wiki has some useful information about how to do it too

7. Offline

steven_archer

Hey there folks. I'm having some issues that I can't seem to find a work-around for.

(This kinda turned into somewhat of a 'rant' as I was typing it, so I'll spoiler it. Its mostly directed at the Permissions Team, and is not meant to disrespect anyone on a personal level. It's merely an explanation of what I do and don't like about Permissions 3. Read it if you like, comment if you dare... lol jk, I'm open to the same constructive criticism I give out, as long as it's backed by something solid and logical.)

rageface.avi (open)

I'll start with my attempt to use the YAML formats...

First of all, me and a few friends are using minecraft hosting from MossyCobble.com
    Besides all the issues about commands and such, my main issue is this:
    When you're using remote hosting, and commands don't really work, you have to edit the config files manually.
    For me that means, opening up FileZilla (my FTP client), connecting to the host for our server, downloading the latest user and groups files, changing them around as needed, saving and testing them, re-uploading them to the server host, and reloading permissions or restarting the server.
    To be honest that's a huge waste of my voluntary time that I should be spending maintaining and moderating the actual server and its other plugins.
    Not to mention the failure of global permissions, which would be a really really useful feature, because I think having separate permissions for both the overworld and the nether is just silly. They really aren't two separate worlds because they are both created by the server when its first loaded, and they are both part of the same single-player world automatically. If you have other worlds plugins like Multiverse, then I can see world-specific permissions being useful. But if you're just sticking to the Vanilla-style World and World_Nether, it would be nice to have the same permissions for both. Because again that's just more separate files I have to download and edit and copy and paste and test and save and upload and reload, every time someone new comes on the server or someone regular wants to be a member or someone responsible wants to be a moderator. It gets as frustrating and monotonous as that run-on sentence right there.

Moving on to SQL...

To work around this cumbersome YAML mess, I decided to take even more time out to try and learn how to manage a MySQL database, which MossyCobble also provides to its users via a serverside PHPMyAdmin.
    But the configurations are empty and useless. I can't even GIVE MYSELF the permission TO USE Permissions TO ADD anyone TO Permissions.

So here I have Permissions set up to use either MySQL which proves to be quite useless (the converters don't even work), and the YAML files which is just a significant inconvenience.

One of three things needs to happen for this to have a satisfying solution, and I'm not in any way trying to be disrespectful. I have the utmost respect for the Dev's behind permissions and I want to support all their efforts as much as I can.

Sure maybe you have your own workarounds and stuff but those don't work for everyone. Either they don't know how to implement them, or it requires some third party application that is just gonna waste space on their computers after they use it for the one thing they need it for and it doesn't even work then (*cough*Perl*cough* >_>). More than likely most of the users don't know the first things about SQL queries or global inheritance.

On top of that I am in agreement with other posters here, that commands really need to be cleaned up (which they apparently are in the process of doing) and things like 'Tracks" need to be optional. I too would like to be able to set someone directly as a Moderator or Admin in my server, using chat commands, without having to go through the groups Guest, Member, Builder, VIP, etc. just to get to Moderator and Administrator.

So, to sum it up, Permissions 3 is a pain in the ass when its used with remote hosting.
    The commands need to work better, global config needs to work (period) or be understandable to the average-Joe, Tracks should be optional, and SQL needs to be Layman-friendly.
    If just the SQL and chat-commands were working, I could live with that. Its much easier have working commands or to edit an already-completed SQL table and reload the plugin than it is to do the download>modify>upload process every time a change needs to be made.

Besides that, how else can I make this easier with remote hosting? If I could just add myself to my Permissions' SQL tables with full permissions, I can maybe work with the cumbersome chat commands to set up permissions roughly the way they should be. Otherwise I have to keep using FTP. Any suggestions? Or should I just deal with it and wait for a new release?

8. Offline

ACStache

@steven_archer it sure sounds like a pain in the ass... holy crap! I'm glad I host my server on my computer >.> no offense.
    I have been running global configs for a couple weeks now and they've worked wonderfully. if you see the post right above yours I linked to my post back on page 133 about how I set mine up. It's a bit of a read but it works without errors (from what my users have told me).
    If you don't want global permissions though, you can use world inheritance or world copying (set up in the storageconfig.yml file) to inherit or copy permissions from the world specified.

ex: world inheritance
    Code:
    permissions:
        storage:
            type: YAML
            world-inheritance:
                world_nether: world

this makes it so that world_nether inherits everything from world and can add even more permissions (or remove them) without affecting world's permissions

ex: world copy
    Code:
    permissions:
        storage:
            type: YAML
            worldcopy:
                world_nether: world

this makes it so that world_nether copies every permission from world, and when world's permissions get changed, so does world_nether's

I hope this helps relieve some of your issues :(

9. Offline

steven_archer

To be honest I would rather just ALL worlds have the same permissions. We plan on having Multiverse at some point and I really would like all users to be universal across all worlds.
    Only problem I see with that is this: when a new user joins, does it add an entry in the world-specific config or the global config? If it makes it in the world config, would it be better just to use the inheritance/copy method to inherit/copy permissions from the world that every new user spawns in?

...Try keeping in mind that I would rather not edit each and every world's individual configs using the download>edit>upload process, so I suspect that copying the spawn world's config would be the easiest because then I would only have to edit that one set of users and groups, and then reload the plugin for it to copy to all other worlds, right?

10. Offline

ACStache

I can't say for sure, I've only got the server running for me and a few friends. there haven't been any new users since well before I set up globals, and before 3.1.6.

edit: oh, duh! it does add an entry to the world specific config when a player joins, but it doesn't actually do anything. it still pulls from the globalUsers file to determine their group. if it's a new user altogether though, the original piece still applies. I would assume they get thrown into the default group in the globalGroups, but I have no way of confirming that myself

my main world's users.yml looks like this:
    Code:
    users:
        dasbreen:
            permissions: []
            groups: []
        amukon:
            permissions:
            groups:
        awaj2006:
            permissions:
            groups:

having it blank or with [] mean null, and this is generated automatically if you have globals set up. the other few people haven't been on since I set up globals, so they haven't been generated. As you can see, it's just a placeholder for names as there are no groups or permissions.

11. Offline

steven_archer

Mhmm that's what I suspected. I'm going to try to use the copy method, and just copy the spawn world to every other world, because I don't want to have to mess around with global and world configs individually for every new user. If its gonna automatically make a new entry in the spawn world users, then I'll just edit that when it need to, and have all other worlds copy from it.

...I think that makes sense, right?

12. Offline

cpalms

No error messages or anything, but about every 15 minutes the server lags, drops player connections, and while the server still recognizes them in the server, online the server itself is totally unresponsive and must be restarted to fix.

Right now I'm using PermissionsEX, the unresponsiveness still happens, but on a much smaller scale. Probably once every 6 hours which can be countered with automatic server restarts through McMyAdmin

13. Offline

ACStache

it sounds like it should, I haven't done worldcopy so I'm not sure if it copies just groups or groups and users.

14. Offline

steven_archer

Would be nice if there were more user-friendly documentation on this stuff XD

Thanks for those tips tho, I'll post later to note weather my method works or not

Doesn't seem to work. The copy method doesn't seem to be copying anything for me. Not groups or users. Maybe I'll just have to deal with changing each and every file for now :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  15. Offline

Jeyge

You will need to start with the sample files in the zip download and place yourself in a group with build set to true or set build to true in the default group to fix that.
    The color of your name would be controlled by your chat plugin normally but I can tell you are using Essentials which likes to change the color of OPs names to red. Outside of that, are you see the rest of your prefix/suffix stuff working correctly? If so, then it would probably be a chat plugin config setting that would change the color of your name.
    Use a plugin called DefaultPermissions to control the normal OP commands.
    Use 3.1.5b if you want to be able to use those permissions or wait for 3.2.
    Global permissions were never meant to replace the world permissions but instead were meant to support the world permissions. If all you want to do is copy one world to another, then use world mirroring described in the Storageconfig.yml Options topic in the wiki.
    It all depends on what you are trying to do. Take a look at Example 2 in the Global vs. World wiki topic if you really think you need to use globals or World Mirroring in the Storageconfig.yml Options if you just want each world to look exactly the same.
    If it is failing because it doesn't know what world to put the group in, then the command is actually "/pr g:<groupname> (w:<worldname>) create". If you are getting some other error, post what that error is.
    I don't have a Mac so I haven't actually seen this myself but I know from when I last looked it up and from what others have said that there is a listbox which has all versions of Java that you have installed in it. What you need to do is make sure JSE 6.0 is the top one. I'm sorry if that doesn't help.
    You'll need to post your permissions yml files with your server.log so we can see what is going on.

Spwizzard2 likes this.
  16. Offline

Nachocuban

The newest version of Help works with 3.x

17. Offline

Hakon

@Jeyge Ah, I will look into that. I only saw that the wiki page on global permissions had an example that was quite simmilar to my situation, though I may have misunderstood it.

18. Offline

james mccarthy

up peopleo cant open chest and big brother dont work and colorme dont work please help!!
    Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            permissions:
            - craftbook.mech.cauldron
            - essentials.afk
            - essentials.help
            - essentials.kit
            - essentials.kit.tools
            - essentials.list
            - essentials.mail
            - essentials.mail.send
            - essentials.motd
            - essentials.msg
            - essentials.pay
            - essentials.rules
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.signs.heal.use
            - essentials.whois
            - permissions.promote.Eve
            - essentials.spawn
            inheritance: []
            info:sign up at the forums to build
                prefix: ''
                build: false
                suffix: ''
        Member:
            default: false
            permissions:
            - craftbook.mech.cauldron
            - essentials.balance
            - essentials.home
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.setwarp
            - essentials.signs.buy.use
            - essentials.signs.sell.use
            - essentials.signs.trade.use
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.world
            - lytreehelper
            - lwc.protect
            - colorme.self
            - falsebook.anyic
        - falsebook.ic.xxx
        - falsebook.blocks.
        - falsebook.blocks.lift
        - falsebook.blocks.bridge
        - falsebook.blocks.cauldron.use
        - falsebook.blocks.door
        - falsebook.blocks.gate
        - falsebook.blocks.hiddenswitch
        - falsebook.blocks.hiddenswitch.create
        - falsebook.blocks.lightswitch.create
        - falsebook.blocks.lightswitch.use
            - falsebook.blocks.readbooks
            - falsebook.destroy.blocks
        - falsebook.blocks.area
        - falsebook.ic.standard
        - falsebook.ic.detect
        - falsebook.ic.selftriggered
        - lytreehelper.destroyall
        - lytreehelper.generate.trees
        - lytreehelper.generate.forests
        - lytreehelper.generate.nursery
        - lytreehelper.db.blockaccess
        - lytreehelper.db.forestlist
        - lytreehelper.db.registerforest r
        - lytreehelper.db.deleteforest
            - lytreehelper.db.regenerateforest
        inheritance:
            info:
                prefix: ''
                build: true
                suffix: ''
        Foreman:
            permissions:
            - essentials.signs.disposal.create
            - essentials.signs.disposal.use
            - essentials.signs.protection.create
            - essentials.signs.protection.use
            - essentials.signs.trade.create
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.tpa
            - essentials.tphere
            - essentials.tpo
            - essentials.tpohere
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.whois
            - warp
            - worldedit.history.undo
            - worldedit.selection.
            - worldedit.selection.contract
            - worldedit.selection.expand
            - worldedit.selection.pos
            - worldedit.selection.size
            - worldedit.wand
            - worldguard
            - worldguard.region.
            - worldguard.region.addmember
            - worldguard.region.claim
            - worldguard.region.define
            - worldguard.region.info
            - worldguard.region.removemember
            inheritance:
            info:
                prefix: '&8 <>-'
                suffix: '&8 -<>'
        Architect:
            permissions: []
            info:
                prefix: '&e[-]_'
                suffix: '&e_[-]'
        Elder:
            permissions:
            - craftbook.mech.bridge
            - craftbook.mech.elevator
            - falsebook.mech.elevator.use
            - falsebook.mech.gate
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.tpa
            - essentials.tphere
            - essentials.tpo
            - essentials.tpohere
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.whois
            - warp
            - worldedit.history.undo
            - worldedit.selection.
            - worldedit.wand
            - worldguard
            - worldguard.region
            - worldguard.region.addmember
            - worldguard.region.info
            inheritance:
            info:
                prefix: '&2 ~<'
                suffix: '&2 ~>'
        Admins:
            permissions:
            - '*'
            - permissions.promote.*
            info:
                prefix: '&b __('
                suffix: '&b)__'
        OPs:
            permissions:
            - worldguard.region.*
            - essentials.back
            - falsebook.mech.elevator.use
            - essentials.tree
            - essentials.signs.sell.use
            - worldedit.region.set
            - essentials.tpa
            - falsebook.mech.elevator
            - essentials.jail
            - essentials.pay
            - essentials.ban
            - essentials.list
            - falsebook.mech.gate
            - worldedit.history.undo
            - essentials.tpo
            - essentials.warp.set
            - essentials.tphere
            - falsebook.mech.bridge
            - build
            - warp
            - essentials.home
            - worldedit.selection.*
            - worldguard
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.tpohere
            - worldguard.region.bypass.Eve
            - worldguard.region
            - essentials.setwarp
            - essentials.signs.buy.use
            - essentials.whois
            - essentials.kit.tools
            - essentials.time
            - essentials.warp
            - essentials.balance
            - worldguard.region.info
            - worldedit.wand
            - essentials.warp.cooldown.bypass
            - essentials.kit
            - essentials.teleport.cooldown.bypass
            - bb.stick
            - bb.rollback
            - bb.confirm
            - bb.help
            - colorme
            - bb.log
            - bb.done
            - bb.here
            - lwc.admin
            -
            inheritance:
            info:
                prefix: '&9 __['
                suffix: '&9]__'

19. Offline

DMX

Can someone make a tutorial .... I try everything but nothing work ........

But the older for version 1.5 is working well XD .... But i want be in 17. not 1.5 .... Help :(

20. Offline

TheLegacyP7

I have finally found the right commands! /pr (user) promote (group) but now whenever i do that it says the internal error error! How do i fix tha

21. Offline

Thaorn

Sorry for my english language because i'm french.

I need some help to understand the "tracks" system, all the wiki are in english and, as Permissions doesn't make what I want, I think i don't understand something.

I try with friends to make an RP server, and i'm caring about plugins but i'm in trouble.

I've this groups :

Renegats = the jailed people
    Vagabonds = the guest, the new player
    Citoyen = the users

Marchands = the VIP
    Gardiens = the moderators
    Elus = the admins

I want my moderators could promote Renegats in Vagabond or Citoyen, and demote Citoyen in Vagabonds or Renegats, and of course promote Vagabond in Citoyen and demote in Renegat.
    In fact, i want my moderators could promote Guests and Users in Jailed, and promote them in Guests or Users.

I want they can't promote somebody in VIP (Marchands) / Gardiens (moderators) / Elus (admins).

II create 2 tracks (track1 and track2 because it's uncommon lol) and add the node " -permissions.promote.track1" and "- permissions.demote.track1" to my moderators groups. The track1 is composed by Jailed (Renegats), Guests (Vagabonds) and Users (Citoyen).

The problem is when a modertor try to promote a Guest (Vagabond), he type " /pr username promote", and it make an error which say he has'nt the permission to use the promote/demote command.

Every documentations I find are in English, and as you can read, i'm not very good in english, so I think I've missed something which can help me.

My groups.yml is : http://pastebin.com/3LAKhDXd

I'm using bukkit 935 (because i'm runing a 1.6.6 server for the test) and you can find a part of the plugins i used in the node permissions. If you need a complete list, just ask me.

Thanks you a lot !

22. Offline

cuco

Hi

I try to revoke permissions for ops. So i have done it like this:
    Code:
            permissions:
                - '*'
                - -minecartmania.signs.create.elevatorsign
                - -minecartmania.signs.break.elevatorsign
    [...]
                - -worldedit.superpickaxe
                - -worldedit.superpickaxe.*
                - -worldedit.override.bedrock
    But this seems to be overridden by ops.txt.

If a player is in ops.txt he seems to have -'*' permissions. If I remove the player in ops.txt the permissions above with all exclusions works. But if I removes player from ops.txt they can't use server-commands and Plugins like ScrapBukkit anymore.

So is it possible to let ops.txt NOT override the given (anti-)permissions?

23. Offline

Nuke

Thanks a lot, but
    What does it mean?

And, i looked through that plugin - it allows to add default minecraft commands to any group. But can i somehow change rights of the default minecraft OP group?

How did you manage to do that?

24. Offline

Jeyge

Sorry about that. You ended up with a response to another person but the quote was empty and didn't show up. Just ignore the comment about 3.1.5b and the like.

As for overriding the OP system, Permissions can't do that. You can replace it with Permissions but not change it in other ways.
    By default, being an OP will give you all permissions and there isn't currently a way to remove those permissions. You would want to DEOP the people who you want to have the above permissions.
    If those permissions aren't throwing errors for you, then that means you don't have them in the right place. If they are throwing errors, please post them.
    Permissions doesn't have a 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7 version so you will need to say which version of Permissions you are having trouble with.

25. Offline

alex4108

I'm using 3.1.6 w/o SQL on my server, and I'm trying to promote people via:
    /pr <username> w:world promote <newgroup>
    (pr alex w:world promote sJ2)

However, I get returned with this error:
    Internal Error

Which according to the logs is....
    Code:
     011-07-09 12:55:11 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console 
    command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 
    'pr' in plugin Permissions v3.1.6
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at 
    org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at 
    org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:290)
        at 
    net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
        at 
    net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
        at 
    net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at 
    net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.HashSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at 
    com.nijiko.data.YamlGroupStorage.getTracks(YamlGroupStorage.java:284)
        at 
    com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionWorld.getTracks(PermissionWorld.java:168)
        at 
    com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.getTracks(ModularControl.java:532)
        at 
    com.nijikokun.bukkit.Permissions.Permissions.onCommand(Permissions.java:731)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 6 more

So where am I going wrong here?

26. Offline

Wazap

Thank you so much! It was indeed the 'Global vs World' settings thing, I fixed it and everything's peachy :D
    Here have some [cake] , you deserve it !

27. Offline

Spwizzard2

Thanks so much! There isn't an error log anymore, it seems to run smoothly. It still doesn't have the prefixes and groups though, but I'm sure that i just messed up with the config somewhere :p.

28. Offline

TheLegacyP7

How do i stop the internal error when userinng promote and demote commands?

29. Offline

briman0094

I updated to 3.1.6 without MySQL, and when I use "/pr [username] promote" it gives me an Internal Error. I looked in the console and there are no exceptions or anything, just the "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command" message. What am I doing wrong?

Lol we posted at exactly the same time about the exact same problem. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  30. Offline

Jeyge

I think you are doing everything right but you are running into a bug in 3.1.6 where the permissions for promote/demote aren't working quite as well as they should. Give 3.1.5b a try and I have a feeling it will do what you want.

Two things though that you will have to watch. I think your permissions actually need to match your tracks so the permission above would actually be "- permissions.promote.Track1". The second thing is the command. You aren't giving it the track so it thinks it is trying to use the default track which you don't have. For say Track1, your command with 3.1.6 would be "/pr <user> (w:<world>) promote t:Track1" and for 3.1.5b it would be "/pr <user> (w:<world>) promote Track1".
    Your command should be "/pr <username> w:world promote t:<track>" if you are using a track defined in tracks: or just "/pr <username> w:world promote" if you want to use the default track. If you don't know what track/tracks you have, feel free to post your groups.yml file or take a look at the end of the Chat Commands topic on the wiki for the tracks topic.

31. Offline

DMX

I think iconomychestshop is not compatible with permissionsEx and permissions 3.1.6 ....

When someone trying to buy or sell, that said ''You don't have the permission'' ...................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.