Inactive [ADMN] bLog 1.1.0 - Chat- and Command- log - Separate Logging [803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by beecub, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

beecub

bLog - Chat- and Command- log:
    Version: 1.1.0
    Download bLog
    SourceCode

Logs Chat and Commands into various log-files.
    Easier to find something in Logs.
    To find the guy who used WorldEdit to set 50.000 water blocks.
    To reproduce conversations days later.

Choose Commands you dont want to Log.
    Choose Commands you want to Log as Chat-Event (/m, /msg, ... for example)

Features:
    • Chat- and Command- log

Configuration Example:

Changelog:
    Version 1.1.0
    • Bukkit 670
    • HTML-Chatlog
    • Fixed Date
    Version 1.0.0
    • Initial Release

You wanna log something more/else?
    Request?, i wanna do it.

kahlilnc and kenjamen like this.
  2. Offline

yaitsbilly

If I want to log all commands could I leave the config file blank or do I have to add all commands?

3. Offline

MariuszT

excellent plugin, but it would be great if you added support for MySQL

4. Offline

Anthail

Does anyone know if this has support for #963?

5. Offline

Flatliner

It's working fine for me on the latest release.

6. Offline

Katelyn135

I have a few features I would love to see if it is possible. I believe they would make this plugin much better, and they would certainly help me out.

1. I would like to see this plugin make separate files per day (Or week, or maybe have an option for how many days to pack into one file.)
    2. An option for how many logs to keep stored. After a while the log file gets pretty big, and having old logs removed would be very helpful to me as I like autonomous plugins.
    3. If possible, a way to disable the default log keeping system. My .log file was almost a gigabyte before I noticed it was getting out of hand. I have the file set to read-only right now but that is only a temporary fix for the problem.
    4. Some people have suggested logging coordinates, I'd like to see an option for that to be enabled or disabled
    5. Another helpful thing to log would be who breaks what blocks. It would help root out x-ray hackers. (I have Anti X-ray installed, but this can still be a problem.)
    I love this plug-in so far, and I would love to see how far you can take it.

7. Can you make a html Command log too

8. Offline

Donald Scott

I agree with 1-4 and would like to see them implemented. For #5 just download LogBlock.

9. Offline

andune

Just checking through all my plugins I use for any updates and I noticed this is still reporting #803 in the thread title. I'd hate to see this get moved inactive, so just reporting in I've used this successfully on RB #1000 and am now using it on #1051 without issue.

10. Can you make a html Command log too

11. Offline

DanH42

Could you add logins/logouts to the chat log? Right now I've got something hacked together in PHP that adds them in out of the server log on a cronjob, but it's slow and messy.

12. Offline

Amrac

Thanx, its a great plugin :)

PS: This plugin work for bukkit 1531

13. Offline

Valcorb

Is it possible to change the path of the log file?

14. Offline

jj3502

Is there a way to log the console "say" command (I use that a lot) and players logging in and out to the chat log?

15. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Link is broken.

16. Offline

andune

Because I love this plugin and can't live without it, I've updated it to R6 and published the new code and jar for others to use:

https://github.com/morganm/bLog

Enjoy.

TheNoobWar and Orcworm like this.
  17. Offline

TheNoobWar

Thank you dear sir.

Dear sir, I have found an error in console!

Code:
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for plugins\bLog/CommandLog/CommandLog.log
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at com.beecub.bLog.bLogger.<clinit>(bLogger.java:27)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at com.beecub.bLog.bLog.onEnable(bLog.java:36)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:363)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Couldn't get lock for plugins\bLog/ChatLog/ChatLog.log
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(Unknown Source)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at java.util.logging.FileHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at com.beecub.bLog.bLogger.<clinit>(bLogger.java:41)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at com.beecub.bLog.bLog.onEnable(bLog.java:36)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:363)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    03:10 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490) 
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  18. Offline

andune

Sorry, that code hasn't changed with this update, nor does the error make any sense. Seems like maybe you tried starting up a 2nd version of the minecraft server in the same directory? Or the old file locks weren't released yet? I wouldn't expect this new version to work any different than the old in the sense that the code with the error hasn't changed at all.

I can say that bLog works for me on my production CentOS server as well as my local Linux test box. My goal was just to get it working for me and while I was at it, thought I'd share it with others. I'm not really interested in picking up support for another plugin at this point. Maybe someone else will have the same issue and have the dev chops & time to research it further.

19. Offline

TheNoobWar

Strange enough.

20. Offline

Rexel

Code:
    012-03-07 03:48:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent to bLog
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:441)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:811)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:778)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:761)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:112)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:554)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:452)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.beecub.bLog.bLogPlayerListener.onPlayerCommandPreprocess(bLogPlayerListener.java:44)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
        ... 12 more

21. Offline

RiotShielder

beecub
    Please update for 1.2.3

22. Offline

Rardical

Go to you plugins folder, create a new folder called "bLog" Make a new folder in that called "CommandLog", Make a text document in that folder called "CommandLog.log".

That should solve your problem. It solved mine (I had the same error).

23. Offline

Mcjensen43

can you please make an update for 1.2.4 looks like a cool plugin

24. Offline

RiotShielder

I need this :(

25. Offline

andune

Why does everyone keep asking about 1.2.4 updates? Here is the exact wording from EvilSeph regarding 1.2.4:

"However, if the plugins you use have already been updated to work with at least 1.1-R7 or 1.2.3-R0.1, then you should be fine." (from http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-1-2-4-r1-0-is-now-available.67685/)

The update I posted a while back still works fine on 1.2.4, nothing breaking has changed since then. https://github.com/morganm/bLog/downloads

That said, I'm not supporting this plugin, I simply updated it because I love it and wanted to keep using it when I upgraded my server; and since I did the work I figured I'd share it. I know some people seem have had various errors, you're on your own for troubleshooting (it works fine for me). My code, just like the original is open source so if you want to dig in to the code, find and fix bugs or add features, feel free to send me a gitpull request and I'll incorporate the fix and share it with everyone here.

26. Offline

RiotShielder

Thanks

27. Offline

theonlymongi

PLEASE can I get an update for this. I'm getting error 16:08:34 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerChatEvent On latest beta build. (3)

I need this to detect corruption amongst admins and there is no other plugin like it :(

I would really appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

28. Offline

andune

I just tested against this version (latest dev build #2177):

2012-05-05 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.2.5-R1.3-1-g1614fe8-b2177jnks (MC: 1.2.5) (Implementing API version 1.2.5-R1.4-SNAPSHOT)

and it works fine for me.

29. Offline

andune

For those still using this plugin (like me), I have updated it to be compliant with Bukkit 1.3.1 (using AsyncPlayerChatEvent).

Still offering no support, just keeping this updated because I still use it and sharing with anyone out there still wanting to use it as well.

https://github.com/morganm/bLog/downloads

RiotShield likes this.
  30. Offline

RiotShielder

Thanks! I love this to keep tabs on my players/staff!

31. Offline

RiotShielder

Any chance you can send me the source? I would like to get use to coding a bit, and I think that a plugin like this will give me a good start