Inactive [ADMN] AutoSave v2.0.1 - Automatic World Saves [935]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by cereal, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cereal

AutoSave is now on Bukkit Dev! Plenty of information and it is overall much better documented there than it has been here. Wiki pages really help organize all the information that is needed.

Discuss AutoSave on Bukkit Dev and get information, files, and more from there!

AutoSave - Automatic World Saves:
    Version: 2.0.1

AutoSave is meant to provide a simple method to automatically save your world at a defined interval! This plugin ONLY saves to the proper world directories within the Minecraft server. It is not a backup plugin, it is meant to increase persistence and reduce the affects of a server crash.

Features:
    • Performs a world saves (same as save-all on console)
    • Repeats the above at user defined interval!
    • Warning messages
    • Multi-World Support
    • Configurable messages
    • Option to disable broadcast message
    Download The Plugin
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 2.0.1
    • Small library changes
    Version 2.0.0
    • Color Messages support!
    • Support for Multiple Permissions Plugins (natively)
    • No more version nagging
    • ASync Tasks instead of Sync Tasks (possible performance increase)
    Version 1.3.0
    • Perform save after last player leaves (quits/kicked).
    Full Changelog

Future Release To-do List:
    • Calculate and create variable for time elapsed during save
    • Make bacon
    • Get more feature suggestions
    Configuration:

You can configure the plugin via an XML file located at "plugins/AutoSave/config.properties".
    • message.broadcastpre: Message broadcast to all players prior to save
    • message.broadcastprost: Message broadcast to all players after save completed
    • message.insufficentpermissions: Customizable generic insufficient permissions message
    • message.saveplayers: Customizable players save message
    • message.saveworlds: Customizable worlds save message
    • message.warning: Customizable warning message
    • value.off: Customizable value of "off"
    • value.on: Customizable value of "on"
    • var.broadcast: True or False value specifying if broadcasts should be used
    • var.debug: True or False value specifying for additional console output
    • var.interval: Number of seconds between saves
    • var.permissions: Bypass permissions entirely
    • var.report: Toggles reporting thread
    • var.uuid: Anonymous identification
    • var.warntime: n time before the save happens when a warning is broadcast to players, multiple values can be passed by separating by commas
    • var.worlds: Comma seperated list of loaded worlds to be saved. * indicates ALL worlds will be saved.
    Colors:
    If you want to user colors, its simple. Just use one of the following in the appropriate location (config file):
    • Aqua: %AQUA%
    • Black: %BLACK%
    • Dark Aqua: %DARK_AQUA%
    • Dark Blue: %DARK_BLUE%
    • Dark Gray: %DARK_GRAY%
    • Dark Green: %DARK_GREEN%
    • Dark Purple: %DARK_PURPLE%
    • Dark Red: %DARK_RED%
    • Gold: %GOLD%
    • Gray: %GRAY%
    • Green: %GREEN%
    • Light Purple: %LIGHT_PURPLE%
    • Red: %RED%
    • White: %WHITE%
    • Yellow: %YELLOW%
    License:
    Copyright 2011 MilkBowl (https://github.com/MilkBowl)

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.

Commands:

Note: ALL of the below commands can start with autosave instead of save if another plugin is using the save command such as WorldEdit. This will always allow access to the in game configuration of the plugin.

/save
    Saves the world outside of the interval.​
    Requires Permission: autosave.save​
    /save help
    Displays help dialogue​
    /save toggle
    Toggles the automatic saves (turns off or on depending on current setting)​
    Requires Permission: autosave.toggle​
    /save status
    Prints status message about the current state of automatic saves​
    Requires Permission: autosave.status​
    /save interval {seconds}
    Sets or gets the interval setting in seconds​
    Requires Permission: autosave.interval​
    /save addworld [value]
    Adds world to the World Save List​
    Requires Permission: autosave.world.add​
    /save remworld [value]
    Removes world from the World Save List​
    Requires Permission: autosave.world.rem​
    /save world
    Displays the World Save List​
    Requires Permission: autosave.world​
    /save broadcast {on|off}
    Sets or gets the broadcast setting​
    Requires Permission: autosave.broadcast​
    /save debug {on|off}
    Sets or gets the debug setting​
    Requires Permission: autosave.debug​
    /save warn {seconds[,seconds]...}
    Sets or gets the warning time setting in seconds (warns users of an upcoming save n seconds before it happens)​
    Requires Permission: autosave.warn​
    /save version
    Prints AutoSave version​
    Requires Permission: autosave.version​

Reporting:

AutoSave reports minimal anonymous data to provide general usage tracking. No personal or server information is ever transmitted. The following data is provided:
    • Plugin Name (this will always be AutoSave)
    • Plugin Version
    • Bukkit Version (the full Bukkit version string)
    • Operating System
      • Name
      • Version
      • Architecture
    • Java Version
    This data helps me understand the environments in which AutoSave is used within, however you are more than welcome to disable it, either via "var.report" in the configuration file, or "save report [off|on]" from console.

Known Issues:
    • During upgrade messages no longer are colored
      • Solution: Delete config file or add colors manually
    Permissions:

Permissions can be disabled by manually editing the config file and setting "permissions" to false. That will completely disable Permissions. Running AutoSave without Permissions with the value to true (default) will cause the plugin to unload itself.

Here are the permission settings, either do 'autosave.*' or use the granular permissions below:
    autosave.save: Allows the ability to save at any time​
    autosave.toggle: Allows the ability to stop and start AutoSave​
    autosave.status: Allows the ability to see status of AutoSave​
    autosave.interval: Allows the ability to see and change interval setting​
    autosave.broadcast: Allows the ability to see and change broadcast setting​
    autosave.version: Allows the ability to see the version of AutoSave​
    autosave.debug: Allows the ability to change the debug setting​
    autosave.warn: Allows the ability to see and change the warning time setting​
    autosave.world: Allows the ability to view the world save list​
    autosave.world.add: Allows the ability to add to the world save list​
    autosave.world.rem: Allows the ability to remove from the world save list​

bobacadodl, iKeirNez, Joe12o and 12 others like this.
  2. Offline

cereal

Do you have the Permissions plugin and if so which version?

3. Offline

WolwX

Yes that's exactly that :)

Like that players will know at wich time there is backup.

4. Offline

Kainzo

2.5.5 Permissions

5. Offline

Syntaxlb

Hi, where are saved the world ?

6. Offline

RazMaTaz

this isn't a backup program just a world save *yourworldfolder* if you want a backup, use BackupPlugin

7. Offline

cereal

We'll see where I get today, I've got a few hours that I plan on dedicating to this!

I think I found an issue with funky Permissions heh. I'll see what I can do for you.

Released AutoSave v1.2.0, please see the release notes above!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  8. Offline

cereal

Released AutoSave v1.2.2, please see the release notes above!

9. Offline

Frackippy

Code:
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] **** NOT ENOUGH RAM!
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-646-gb61ef8c-b670jnks (MC: 1.4)
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-04-08 16:43:20 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-04-08 16:43:21 [INFO] 144 recipes
    2011-04-08 16:43:21 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 36%
    2011-04-08 16:43:22 [INFO] [AutoSave] Server Version is Recommended Build 670
    2011-04-08 16:43:22 [INFO] [AutoSave] Loading config file
    2011-04-08 16:43:22 [INFO] [AutoSave] Saving config file
    2011-04-08 16:43:22 [SEVERE] null loading AutoSave v1.2.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.Generic.join(Unknown Source)
        at sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSave.writeConfigFile(Unknown Source)
        at sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSave.loadConfigFile(Unknown Source)
        at sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSave.onEnable(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:578)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:115)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:93)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    2011-04-08 16:43:22 [INFO] Done (0,183s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

10. Offline

Odjit

Same error as the above
    CB 670

11. I don't get this error, it works fine:
    Code:
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.4
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-646-gb61ef8c-b670jnks (MC: 1.4)
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-04-08 18:54:36 [INFO] 144 recipes
    2011-04-08 18:54:37 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 69%
    2011-04-08 18:54:38 [INFO] While loading Unknown Command (plugins\UC.jar) found old-data folder: plugins\UC next to the new one: plugins\Unknown Command
    2011-04-08 18:54:38 [INFO] [AntiCreeper] version 1.0 is enabled.
    2011-04-08 18:54:38 [INFO] [AutoSave] Server Version is Recommended Build 670
    2011-04-08 18:54:38 [INFO] [AutoSave] Loading config file
    2011-04-08 18:54:38 [INFO] [AutoSave] Version 1.2.2 is enabled!

12. Offline

cereal

Fixed in the latest version (updating the post now). Sorry about that, I should have added test cases when no config file exists.

Released AutoSave v1.2.3, please see the release notes above!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

rmb938

This happens every time I have it set to save and it doesn't save the world.

Code:
    21:06:28 [INFO] [AutoSave] AutoSaveThread Started: Interval is 1800 seconds, Warn Times are 0

14. Offline

cereal

I would need more information. A complete log would help me understand what's happening. If you can, issue "save debug on" while you do this.

15. Offline

FrozenTwinki

glad to see its updated!

16. Offline

BrainnDamagee

Are the messages compatible with colors? If they are would you use # or & for each of the color codes

Other than that great plug in :)

17. Offline

Kainzo

What kind of count down system is this using? Ticks or Millseconds? I set it to 1 hour (3600) and it has yet to save on b670.

Any thoughts on this?

18. Offline

cereal

Its using seconds. You will need players on for the entire duration of the time (maybe on the last player quit I'll add a save as well -- would make sense). If you have 0 players at any given point it stops and when the first player joins it re-starts the counter.

I haven't had a chance to get colors working yet. It's on the list of things to implement in some way as I also think it would be great! I just need to sit down and fiddle for a little bit and decide the best way to implement it. For some reason passing &5 in plain text (or in xml values &5) just doesn't do the trick which is sad. I'm sure there's some encoding thing going on that I'll need to look into.

19. Offline

cereal

Released AutoSave v1.2.4, please see the release notes above!

20. Offline

Darq

Another thing you should probably mention is that also, by default, gives two messages during a save. When it starts and when it finishes.

21. no /save toggle true after /reload? really? sorry, but, really?! (am i doing something world?) We've lost 6 hours of data on our server because i am dumbass and i didn't notice that this plugin isn't turned on after /reload.

22. Offline

cereal

Do you have a log from when this happened? Also unfortunately I don't test the "reload" command. All I've ever heard is that it doesn't properly reload all plugins, but this is the first I've heard of it causing an issue with AutoSave. Do you think its possible to replicate the issue and if so post the details and a log (with "save debug on" set)?

Released AutoSave v1.2.5, please see the release notes above!

23. I think it's possible, because with our setup it's happening everytime. So tonight (about nine hours to go), when our players will go off, i will make report for you. (and for us too, because this addon is much better than simple-save x)

24. Offline

cereal

Glad to see you're able to help troubleshoot! I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Last night I made a minor change that might be related to your problem, but I'm not certain. Could you try both versions 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 and see which ones exhibit the problem?

Also, thanks for the compliments! I like this plugin too ;)

Here are download links for specific versions:

25. Really nice, 1.2.4 is re-setting toggle on reload, and 1.2.5 isnt. So it seems everything is ok now. AutoSave is back online and working. Big thanks to you.

26. Offline

cereal

It's because on reload the player count was not 0, which when the plugin is created in memory it is set to 0. While this is acceptable in when you first start your server, it is not when you for instance start the plugin when people are already in!

Thanks for testing, glad to help!

27. Offline

WolwX

Can you do something to avoid those big messages into the console ?

Code:
    23:00:36 [INFO] [AutoSave] Server Version is Recommended Build 674
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [AutoSave] Loading config file
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageBroadcastPre=World Auto-Saving
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageBroadcastPost=World Auto-Save Complete
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStatusFail=Auto Save has stopped, check the server logs for more info
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStatusNotRun=Auto Save is running but has not yet saved.
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStatusSuccess=Auto Save is running and last saved at {%DATE%}.
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStatusOff=Auto Save is not running (disabled)
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageInsufficientPermissions=?4Vous n avez pas les droits d acces a cette commande.
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStopping=Stopping Auto Saves
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageStarting=Starting Auto Saves
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageSaveWorlds=?4{%NUMSAVED%} Sauvegardes faites
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageSavePlayers=?4Donnees Joueurs Sauvegardees
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageIntervalNotANnumber=You must enter a valid number, ex: /save interval 300
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageIntervalChangeSuccess=Auto Save interval is now {%INTERVAL%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageIntervalLookup=Auto Save interval is {%INTERVAL%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageWarnNotANnumber=You must enter a valid number, ex: /save warn 300
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageWarnChangeSuccess=Auto Save warning time is now {%WARN%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageWarnLookup=Auto Save warning time is {%WARN%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageBroadcastChangeSuccess=Auto Save broadcast is now {%BROADCAST%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageBroadcastLookup=Auto Save broadcast is {%BROADCAST%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageBroadcastNotValid=You must enter a valid setting ({%ON%}, {%OFF%})
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageDebugChangeSuccess=Auto Save debug is now {%DEBUG%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageDebugLookup=Auto Save debug is {%DEBUG%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageDebugNotValid=You must enter a valid setting ({%ON%}, {%OFF%})
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageWorldChangeSuccess=World Save List is now {%WORLDS%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bukkit.plugin.AutoSave.AutoSaveConfig] messageWorldLookup=World Save List is {%WORLDS%}
    >
    23:00:36 [INFO] [sh.cereal.bu

28. But it means, that everyone who reloaded his server got same issue as we got. And no body was reporting that? Strange... (now is AutoSave re-setting interval only, but it's not a big deal, we haven't turned off our server when we were upgrading AutoSave, we reloaded only. I hope, things will go fine after server restart.)

just setup "<entry key="var.debug">true</entry>" in config from "true" to "false" if you haven't :)

29. Offline

City Builder

Hi I inputed 10,5 in the space for the Warning messages that the system is going to auto save.

However, when the server is running and it's about to make a save it gives the first warning as
    AutoSave will commence in 5 seconds.
    Then 5 seconds later it says
    AutoSave will commense in 5 seconds.

Would it be possible that it shows as the first warning
    AutoSave will commence in 10 seconds, followed by the
    AutoSave will commense in 5 seconds.

Thanks,

30. Offline

BioRage

Link to download isn't loading.

31. Offline

cereal

Just downloaded it myself to test it. Give it a try again?

Most definitely. It's on the todo list!

You could also just us the command "save debug off" since it saves the current parameters when the server is shut down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.