Administrator specific command aliases

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by xZise, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xZise

Hello,
    normally the commands get registered by “first come first serve”. So if you have 2 plugins who register the command “foo”, the plugin which will loaded first will get “foo” registered. The other plugins only gets “<pluginname>:foo”. Now this isn't really usable, because it isn't sure in which order the commands get loaded. Also you as administrator couldn't decide which plugin will get the shortened command.

This is already a topic in the bug tracker, but before I starting working on that I want to know if there is a wish of something like this? Because I also worked on a Implementation to support different parsers which got ignored and I even read that one (core) developer is already working on that.

Unfortunately the bug tracker seems to be down at the moment, so I will describe in short: There is a simple properties file:
    Code:
    foo=bar:foo
    snafu=snafu:foo
    There an administrator could register shortened commands on it own. So every command get loaded with the prefix (the plugin name) and after loading all plugins the commands on this aliases file get registered/linked. I'm planing on in-game commands to modify this (without touching the file).

Fabian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.