Inactive [ADMIN] VIP v1.0.3 - Gives VIPs priority when logging in [1.2Beta]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Kostronor, May 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Kostronor

I have tryed it on my server, it works fine. I have not changed anything, but i will see if i can workout the bug...
    if you open the VIP.jar with 7zip or winrar or stuff and open the plugin.yml and delete everything that follows "permissions:" perhaps this solves it...

2. Offline

Denney

I removed the permissions section from the plugin.yml file and it seems to work now. It doesn't display an error when booting up at least.

3. Offline

Kostronor

ok, then this will solve it, i'll update that

4. Offline

Spycoclown

its exatly what i was looking for. but is it posible that the slot for the vip's are always empty.

If i have 60 Slots 10 Slots are reservatet for VIP's so i can have 10 VIP player how can always login logout whitout any other player get kickt. because i dont want the non vip player get kickt if a vip player comes in. if the 50 non vip player slot are full non of them can login. Only the VIP player can log in because they have 10 slots free.

i hope you understand what i wrote because iam not english.

5. Offline

Kostronor

hey Spycoclown, this is released with the idea of using the slots (for servers with perhaps 10 slots) so non-VIP's can login if the vip-slots are not used. but if you need this with reserving the slots, i could get along with writing you a "personal" version of it and perhaps (if there are other users needing this) adding an option to always keep the 10 slots clean. add me on Skype (Kostronor) or pm me if you are interested

6. Offline

Jamie Tees

Works perfect thanks for the update :D

7. Offline

PyPKjE

Where the VIP version of the plugin with mysql? Promised to do :)

8. Offline

Kostronor

well, it takes some time sadly, i have to work and i had one week vacation plus i'm only doing this in my free time (like every other PD here i think) and if the is something job-related than that has priority.
    at the moment i'm working on something big so i am only checking if the plugins are broken and fix bugs. But i keep everything in mind :)

9. Offline

PyPKjE

Well hopefully not far in the future we will see your plugin with mysql :cool:

10. Offline

BarelyMissed

Thanks for this! I've been using it for a week or two, but have encountered an issue:

Occasionally every (week? I guess) my config.yml file will erase itself, meaning I lose all VIPs and their priority along with the unix time of the last time players have logged in. (Basically a blank file)

The only "crash" my server had was this morning, but after that the VIP plugin continued to work, I haven't reloaded since, so it's really weird that it just happened out of the dark.

Thank you for spending your time on this, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get this working. If I had money, I would donate.

11. Offline

Kostronor

Ok, that i think is a more likely random issue.
    I'm running the plugin with the latest update since likely ever and my file never ever got erased.
    If this is a one-time error, than i think, your hard-drive got a small mess and the plugin thinks, the file does not exist and recreated it.
    The best would be, to backup it after every edit just to stay save, if the error is reproducable, then i can look at it to help you fixing it.
    Do you have a home-server or a paid hosting (dedicated) server?
    Thanks for the cheering, i'm glad you have a use for my plugin :)

12. Offline

BarelyMissed

It's technically a home server, but I'm an advanced Unix user, I don't see how it's getting corrupt. It must be one of my plugins though, hopefully I'll figure out which one so I can try to reproduce it.

13. Offline

Dev909

can anyone tell me if the higher the number, the higher the priority? and can anyone tell me why if im testing, set myself to 10, set 'test' to 2, and set 'test2' to 2, why do i always get kicked out? and then when i set myself to 1, i still get kicked out and cannot enter. whats going on?

14. Offline

Kostronor

1. -Is your name written properly (like Kostronor instead of kostronor or KOSTRONOR )
    2. -How big is your server, and some info's pls ;)

15. Offline

Dev909

Ah i didnt capitalize my name haha, thanks man!

16. Offline

Kostronor

Very good :)

17. Offline

Dev909

Great plugin, no troubles at all haha!

18. Offline

BarelyMissed

Still getting the occasional wipe of config.yml every few days. Can't seem to figure out why this is happening, it's a shame that I can't actually recreate it under certain circumstances. It's totally random. For fun, here's a list of my plugins, you might know of some incompatibilities that I don't.

I'm about to put the VIP information into Permissions instead, adding many users when the file corrupts gets really tiresome. (Plus, you have to make room for yourself! xD)

Once again, thank you for your work and I appreciate your input.

19. Offline

Kostronor

I really don't know how to help you with it, I'm really sorry.
    If you know anything about, tell me and I'll sure to fix it!

Edit:
    I think, what actually happens is, that the plugin thinks(whyever) that the config.yml doesn't exists.
    I thought, i could just give you a debug-version so you see if that is the case, but i thought wrong:D
    i will now give you a version wich will check at every startup if the file exists, is readable and stuff into accesslog.log with timestamp, hope this helps :)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28093398/debug/VIP.jar

@PyPKjE @Everyone,
    I'm now starting adding MySQL to the plugin, if someone wants to test it, please pm me :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  20. Offline

BarelyMissed

Would gladly test mySQL for you.

Also, I believe that I have found a conflicting plugin. I occasionally use /phide from PlayerList v1.2.4 to stop people from asking my questions when my game is minimized. This sends out a fake "Tom has left the game." message to all players, I'm guessing that it somehow corrupts the VIP/config.yml file when I /punhide. I could probably test this out on a dev server (I don't like doing that stuff on a live server) and see if it modifies the UNIX timestamp on the file.

Thanks for getting me a debug version. I don't plan to turn it on yet however, I'd like to wait a few days and see if this plugin is conflicting. I have left the plugin there however I have stripped the Permissions node to /phide from my admins and myself. Since no-one will be able to execute the command hopefully I will see if it conflicts or not. :)

-Tom

21. Offline

Kostronor

Hey Tom,
    I have an idea of how this could conflict with my plugin:
    I save login-times of every player in the config-file, so fake-leaving the game could "kill" this login-time but that is no problem. it does not change anything with the rest of the config and especially does not wipe it :D
    The debug-version is just logging, if the plugin can access the file to see, if that could be the reason.
    MySQL is coming the next days :)

22. Offline

BarelyMissed

Hey,

Haven't had any wipes since I've stopped using /phide, if it lasts a week this is definitely the issue. :)

23. Offline

Kostronor

ok, fine :D i think i add that to the main-post

24. Offline

thestriker095

Could you make the kick message configurable?

my server has a VIP and VIP+ group so Default users think their getting kicked by a VIP and then they rage!

25. Offline

Kostronor

Sure, that is a good idea, will add it tomorrow!

26. Offline

giotjuh

Hey you should add commands like:
    /vgod
    /vweather /vi etc. And that you can disable them in the config.

27. Offline

Kostronor

why?
    this plugin is to manage player-logins not everything else that vip's could get.
    it would be a different plugin adding godmode or weather to the allowed things for vips

28. Offline

giotjuh

Well then it would be a VIP system. Now its just login, why not commands though.

29. Offline

Kostronor

because there already are plugins providing you the command-part, why recreating the wheel?

30. Offline

SilencShadoW

Hey,
    can u updated it for SuperPerms or BukkitPermissions? :eek: