[ADMIN/FUN] Experience Multiplier Event [Formatted]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by UltraFaceguy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Plugin category: ADMIN/FUN

Suggested name: MultiplicationIsEasy

Description: Double Exp events. They happen in other games, why not Minecraft? Would it not be fun to make Exp doubled for a weekend? What about adding the a permission for double exp as a reward for those who donate? Rewards you players for killin' those mobs!

What I want: A plugin then multiplies Exp gained upon orb pickup by a number, as defined in a config. This does not create additional orbs, and should therefore not cause any pointless lag. Exp would be multiplied while an event is running (notify upon login?) and an additional permission to allow players to have additional exp even when an event is not running (Donators, buyable using other plugins, etc) would be amazing. To be clear on this, I DO NOT want any economy support for this, as it could easily be handled by another plugin. Boolean config option for if the event and permission bonus stack.

Ideas for commands: /expevent <start/end>

Ideas for permissions: expevent.always

When I'd like it by: Meh, whenever.

Additional details: Lrn2format

2. Offline

bitWolfy

Cool idea, I'll look into it.

3. Offline

newboyhun

I'm going to sleep,but i when i wake up i get working on it!
    Very cool idea,need too for my server.

4. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Thank you very much! ^_^

5. Offline

Deathmarine

6. Offline

UltraFaceguy

7. Offline

Deathmarine

???? um... Click Link?

8. Offline

UltraFaceguy

Oh my bad, I misread the link upon clicking it.

Though I'd still like a permission for Double exp always on, as it would be used for donators, along with a logon notification for the event ;D

9. Offline

Deathmarine

Hmm I could add that..

Updated.

Source:
    https://github.com/deathmarine/DoubleXP
    Download:
    https://github.com/downloads/deathmarine/DoubleXP/DoubleXP.jar
    Command:
    /doublexp -toggles double xp drops
    Permissions:
    doublexp.use -enables command
    doublexp.always -gives double xp to the permission holder

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  10. Offline

UltraFaceguy

11. Offline

UltraFaceguy

I'm getting an error, as seen below. Think it would be easier to change the value earned upon orb pickup rather than the death event? That way I could use Exp Bottles too ;D

[SEVERE] Could not pass event EntityDeathEvent to DoubleXP

Oh, and hate to be MORE of a bother, but how about that login message informing players that double exp is active (would work for the event or just having the perm)? Were you to make it configurable, perhaps you could also add a multiplier variable, rather than just 2.0x exp I could set it to 1.5x or 3.0x!

12. Offline

Kodfod

Deathmarine
    You should also an automatic timer on it to run lets say once a day in mc, and it last for a mc hour. This would be amazing =)