Inactive [ADMIN] Crafty v0.7.6 - Server GUI [1240]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Timberjaw, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AbsolutePolak

when i do java -jar crafty.jar
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
    	at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.substring(AbstractStringBuilder.java:877)
    	at java.lang.StringBuilder.substring(StringBuilder.java:72)
    	at org.crafty.Crafty.<init>(Crafty.java:128)
    	at org.crafty.Crafty.main(Crafty.java:114)

when i do java crafty.jar
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: crafty/jar
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: crafty.jar
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    Could not find the main class: crafty.jar. Program will exit.

Im on ubuntu 10.10.

2. Offline

Timberjaw

3. Offline

AbsolutePolak

it works, but how do i set the amount of ram used.
    oh btw, your link still points to v3

4. Offline

Timberjaw

Oops. Fixed, thanks.

The amount of ram used is specified by the -Xmx1G parameter. It will use up to 1 GB of ram. You can set that to whatever you like, e.g. -Xmx512M, -Xmx2G, etc.

5. Offline

h0us3cat

that works

6. Offline

AbsolutePolak

btw, it would help alot if you added a auto save and restart function. :)

7. Offline

xpansive

For anyone that's wondering, I got it to work with BiomeBukkit using this:
    Code:
    javaw -Xincgc -Xmx1G -cp BiomeBukkit.jar;craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar;crafty.jar org.crafty.Crafty

8. Offline

Timberjaw

Requested Features (in no particular order):
    This is a list of suggestions I've received, NOT necessarily a list of things I'm actively working on.
    • Customizable text and background colors [In progress]
    • Server restart
    • Alternate icons or no icons
    • Plugin list pane/window
    • Enable/Disable plugins
    • Auto updater or update check
    What else would you like to see in Crafty (and if you're interested in any of the above items, which is most valuable to you?)

9. Offline

den

A scheduler function like McMyAdmin would be excellent. It doesn't have to be as complicated as Mc's, but a simple save-all after x minutes with a notice via say would work fine.

10. Offline

Bloq

Well, look it up, I believe it still exists >.< Basically, you can configure server.properties easily (non-geeks don't need to mess with coding), and there was stuff like managing kits and backups (but those are both plugins). If you are interested in making a Pro version, then you should definitely check it out :D

11. Offline

Timberjaw

@Bloq
    Managing server.properties sounds nifty. Kits are definitely plugin territory. Backups could go either way I guess but I think most people who want backups at this point probably have a good method for it.

12. Offline

dark navi

Sorry if I over-looked this, but was there ever a fix for this? I keep getting it.

13. Offline

Timberjaw

As far as I can tell that's not an issue with Crafty; more likely it's a problem with your Java setup or startup method. What OS are you on? How are you trying to launch Crafty?

14. Offline

dark navi

I am on Win7 x86 and I am just using the default .bat. I tried a few others above, but they started and instantly disappeared. Also, thanks for the timely support. :)

15. Offline

Bloq

I agree, server configuration would be very useful but the offers may not be as essential.

Also, just ran MCadmin, there isn't much else different that doesn't go into plugin territory. However I believe you can manage plugins... Not too sure about it, but there's probably enable/disable buttons rather than commands.

16. Offline

Timberjaw

What's your Java version (Open a command prompt and enter: java -version)?

17. Offline

dark navi

java version "1.6.0_22"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

18. Offline

Timberjaw

Ok, give this a try:
    1. Open a command prompt
    2. cd C:\path\to\your\craftbukkit\folder
    3. java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar crafty.jar

19. Offline

dark navi

Hmmm I think I may have found part of the issue? My OS is stored on drive O:\, which I CAN cd to, but my drive dedicated to Minecraft (M:\) I cannot cd to...

Code:
    M:\MineCraft_Server\Bukkit>java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar crafty.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: joptsimple/OptionExce
    ption
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: joptsimple.OptionException
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    Could not find the main class: org.crafty.Crafty. Program will exit.

20. Offline

Timberjaw

That kinda looks like you're missing craftbukkit.jar. It's not finding the joptsimple.OptionException class, which is in craftbukkit.jar.

Make sure that 1) craftbukkit.jar is in the SAME folder as crafty.jar, and 2) craftbukkit.jar's filename is exactly 'craftbukkit.jar' (all lowercase, no SNAPSHOT info).

Also, what CraftBukkit build are you using?

21. Offline

den

Is there any way to change what is loaded with bukkit? I'd like to load up Biometerrain with crafty, but I don't see an option to allow for that.

To load it through normal .bat means, you have to do something like -cp BiomeBukkit.jar;craftbukkit.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main

22. Offline

dark navi

Working pretty well, but after ~10 minutes of running, the log gets erased...

[​IMG]

23. Offline

R-T-B

There is a way to make it work, but it involves taking the contents of the BiomeBukkit Jar and dumping it in some very particular places within craftbukkit. PM me for details.

24. Offline

Sc1ZZeN

ty for the awesome work! do you think you could add in the ability to help /give like a side panel that could be activated and have an item list and quantity box? its a pain to have to type out long names and when you type like old people... well you get the idea.

25. Offline

Timberjaw

Can you check your server log file?
    --- merged: Feb 7, 2011 10:25 AM ---
    I'll add it to the wishlist.

26. Offline

dafour

It works good,thumbs up! b246 + crafty 0.4

27. Offline

Timberjaw

Next version (0.5) will be for Craftbukkit 271+. 0.5 will not work with pre-multiworld builds of Craftbukkit.

Features currently implemented for 0.5:
    • [Performance monitor] Thread count
    • [UI] Basic theme support (console only; 2 preset themes; selection does not persist on restart)
    Server restart is the next priority, but may not make it in until 0.6 in the interest of getting an update out for people on the newer multi-world CraftBukkit.

28. Offline

Bakuhatsu

Fix so the log auto-scrolls to bottom somehow? Pretty annoying when trying to observe the log and it doesn't follow and you'll have to scroll at every new entry.

29. Offline

cordeval

When I start my crafty.bat, I get a java NoSuchMethodError that is not recorded in the server log.
    [start /b javaw -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar c:\Bukkit\crafty.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer]

I do not get any errors when running craftbukkit.jar direct from its own bat [IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86" java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "C:\Bukkit\craftbukkit.jar"]

Let me know how I might troubleshoot and resolve this Crafty v0.4 error so I can use its wonderful server GUI.
    Thanks!

Java 6.0.23

From the Crafty v0.4 window (error always occurs around 60% to 75% of prep spawn area):
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.2_01
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-360-gf5b151f-b271 (MC: 1.2_01)
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    2011-02-07 21:30:54 [INFO] Preparing start region
    2011-02-07 21:30:55 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 20%
    2011-02-07 21:30:56 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 69%
    [begin manual typing of java error not recorded in server log]
    Exception in thread "Time-1" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
    org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.getWorlds()(Lorg/bukkit/World;
    at org.crafty.Crafty.updatePerfMon(Crafty.java:476)​
    at org.crafty.Crafty.access$2(Crafty.java:464)​
    at org.crafty.Crafty$5.run(Crafty.java:390)​
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)​
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)​
    [end manual typing of java error not recorded in server log]
    2011-02-07 21:30:57 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%
    2011-02-07 21:30:57 [INFO] Done! For help, type "help" or "?"

30. Offline

Bees

I'm now also getting the same as above on 271.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.