Adding a project.

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by libraryaddict, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

libraryaddict

I have a disguise plugin hosted on a different site, I don't want to have it at bukkitdev at all.

However, a few plugins wish to hook into it, and as such you guys will be forced to either move the plugins back a stage to a inferior plugin.
    Or remove their project.
    Or make the users guess what the project depends on.

So the question is, can I submit a project with a one liner description, along with updating the project when it is updated.

Description being.
    With the comments disabled.

I have no desire to support bukkitdev after a project of mine was removed, but I do not wish to make the users suffer for it.

I'm interested to hear Bukkit Dev's stance on this as I do not think it will harm the users, the projects or bukkitdev.

The only issue with it is that I obviously do not intend to give any support on the project's page.

apple nick 4 likes this.
  2. Offline

Gravity

This is a non-issue, because we have no requirement that you do so. With that said, this is not the only issue with your proposal.

All plugins uploaded to BukkitDev must follow the project guidelines.

While you will notice that there is no requirement to provide support for users on your BukkitDev project, there are the following:
    • Your project's description should also contain detailed information on what your project has to offer, how to install it and use it, and so on.
    • You are expected to actively maintain your project as detailed below.
    • A changelog and known issues list should be provided for every binary you upload to BukkitDev, if at all possible.
    Furthermore, the project description requirements are listed just below these general rules, which call for a detailed, up-to-date, formatted description that explains what the plugin is and how to use it. When reading project descriptions, staff try to understand how they would use the plugin if they were going to download it. If they cannot do so from the provided description, the project will be rejected.

3. Offline

libraryaddict

Very well then.
    Guess I'll not be submitting the project, thanks!

apple nick 4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.