Question A resource pack is linked into my server_properites but not working?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by qBenPlays, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

qBenPlays

Hey, so I have a quick question which I'm sure has an easy answer and that im just dumb. However in my server properites I used a culmination of multiple resource pack textures and put it into one resource pack for 1.8.9. (exact link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpotyovkghlm2lg/Optimal Pack.zip?dl=1), which when it does the resource pack prompt, it downloads but doesnt change anything, nor show up in the resource pack options.

After that I tried using a seperate plugin (found here: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/resource-pack-downloader.6262/) which is a gui-based plugin to auto download resource packs. However the pack downloaded as it did with the prompt but didnt change anything nor show up in the settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Note:
    - It works when manually put into the "resource-packs" folder.
    - It is on 1.8.9 and there are no plugins that would interfere with the resource pack download
    - And I've also tried Google Drive and Dropbox but none of them work.
    - I also have the resource pack link in the RPD Config and the server_properites.yml. (With proper spacing, etc, etc.)

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

This most likely means that the resourcepack is not being downloaded correctly. Check the /server-resourcepacks/ directory and verify that the resourcepack for your server is valid (do this by verifing that the file downloaded there is the same size as the one from the link, and that it works if you move it to the /resourcepacks/ folder)

3. Offline

qBenPlays

It actually doesnt even download to my server_resourcepacks in .minecraft. When I went there to check there was was no "Optimal Pack.zip".

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@qBenPlays
    The file name won't exist, as the filename will be the hash (I believe). You have to check if the filesizes/ contents of the resourcepack (use winRAR or 7Zip to open it) are the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.