A plugin to link lives

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by axj, Jun 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

axj

Minecraft version: 1.19

Suggested name: LifeChain

What I want: A plugin that makes it so that you are linked to 1 other player (this can be random or assigned it doesn't really matter for me) that means that you have the same effects has that person and if you lose hp the other 1 does 2.

I hope it isn't that hard to make and have a nice day.

If its possible i would like both systems tho.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2022
  2. Offline

gochi9

I feel like this should have an invitation or something because it would be highly annoying if you got assigned with a random person that might troll you.

3. Offline

axj

yeah thats true but maybe its random but Admins or ops can change that later

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

You did not specify how though.
    So please add that information.

5. Offline

axj

Like its random but ops can change it with commands like /link axj_mc Linus1234Btw
    and like /unlink axj_mc

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  6. Offline

gochi9

Okay but what do you mean by random? Once you join a server a server you get linked with an unliked person. Does this link persist until changed by an admin? Does death or sever leave sever the link?

7. Offline

axj

Well yes you get linked with an unlinked player and can be changed by an admin and remains till broken by an admin

8. Offline

gochi9

This is the plugin

Might (most probably) be bugs so test it and just post here if you find any.

Commands - permission:
    /lc [player1] [player2]
    /lc reload

Both commands use lifechain.admin

9. Offline

axj

When i try to use the commands i get this message (i have op)

upload_2022-6-26_15-50-12.png

10. Offline

gochi9

It's a plugin error, it's not because of permissions. A big error must've appeared in your console, paste it here.

11. Offline

axj

upload_2022-6-26_20-12-55.png

12. Offline

gochi9

13. Offline

axj

14. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

15. Offline

axj

i found a bug when i ate a lot of enchanted golden appels i got hearts but they didn't go away we both were drinking milk and still didn't disepear. when i died it also didn't dissepair when i relogged also didn't dissepair. also when i try do /lc name name it servers and then loads again and it seems to delink and you can't link again

upload_2022-6-27_11-5-46.png

16. Offline

gochi9

It doesn't throw that error because of that, it has it's own message that can be modified in the config.
    The problem was that the plugin was disabled because I messed something up in onEnable and it wasn't enabling in 1.19. The error was because he tried to use the command while the plugin was disabled and should work fine now.

Alright I'll fix that later today, tell me if you find any more bugs

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

axj

no i tested a lot and i don't think there other bugs

18. Offline

gochi9

I see
    Btw what do you mean here, I can't really understand what you are trying to say. Do you mean that the server crashed? I tested the command a few times and it should work fine, could you try to explain better?

19. Offline

axj

when i do /lc player1 player2 it delinks and then says it links in the same message and then when i hit my link it doesn't dmg me so the thing that needs to be fixed is that it only unlinks or delinks not both at the same time and that linking after delinking works

And also the hearts :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  20. Offline

gochi9

This is the plugin

It is very important that you remember to remove the old file.
    It should work fine now but if you find any other bugs just post them here.

21. Offline

axj

Hey yeah the issue is still there that if you do /lc player player it delinks but also says it links but it only delinks when you try it again to link again then it says it delinks and then links but it doesn't link and idk what lc reload does

i think you can maybe make linking and delinking a seperate command cause now its bugged

22. Offline

gochi9

Okay so I really cannot understand what you mean. The command works fine and here is a demonstration:

If the result that you want is like the video above then maybe you haven't installed the right version and I will upload it again and make sure you delete the old files otherwise there's not much more I can do because it works as intended: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBD44ByvDyCYAp7SpIiRMHloHM18wHtM/view?usp=sharing

If the result that you want is NOT like in the video than you must phrase what you want better, get a friend to help you or something because I really cannot understand what you mean.

23. Offline

axj

ill try to get 2 friends to get the smae effect as you cause now i understand what you mean with the command :)

24. Offline

gochi9

So does the command in the video works like you want?
    Also /lc reload is used to reload the config in case you wish to change the messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.