A plugin that uses IslandWorld's API

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by UnmemorableJakka, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin catagory: Skyblock / Chat / Config
    Plugin version: 1.11.1 / 1.11.2 (Older versions if possible)
    Suggested name: IslandWorld API

Introduktion:

Hey! So i have been looking for sooo long now trying to find a plugin that uses the api for IslandWorld. I know this is certainly possible, the only real problem is every time i opened up eclipse trying to making a plugin that uses it (following tutorials, and trying myself) it never ended up working. - Also a big part of the Skyblock community wants this because its the most powerfull skyblock plugin but without the API it looses some good features.

Quick node: Please don't get confused some of the stuff is already possible with other plugins but not with this one.

Also links to the API and plugin is in the bottom of the request.

Plugin Description:
    The plugin needs following features:
    Chat prefixes that uses some of the data from the plugin. (If possible works together with essentials so that you can type into your essentials chat fx: {ISLAND_LEVEL}

Chat prefixes that should be possible:

Amount of members on the island. so fx: {Island_Members}

Amount of island points / levels: {Island_level} - For this one there should be a way to decide how many "island points = 1 level"

If you have an island or not / just helping on one: {Island_owner} / {Island_Helper} / {No_Island}

Please notice that this picture is taken using another plugin:
    [​IMG]
    How it should look in essentials chat config:
    [​IMG]

If possible could be nice:
    I dont know personally if this is possible but if the plugin would be able to work together with fx featherboard so that you could use some of the prefixes inside the featherboard plugin it would be pretty handy (Getting the plugin as a placeholder for featherboard)

If anyone would make a plugin with these features it wouldn't only make me happy but also a lot of others who really wanna use the IslandWorld plugin to its full.

Other:
    It would also be needy if there could be added some kind of feature that made you able to make aliases for commands within IslandWorld fx: "/is create" could be run via "/Whateveryouwant"

Ideas to commands:
    /IWAPI add {Island_level} chat - Adds the chat prefix putted in between the {} to the front of essentials chat
    /IWAPI add alias /Is create /Whateveryouwant

Ideas to permissions:
    IslandWorldAPI.admin - Gives a person permissions the all the features in the plugin.
    IslandWorldAPI.add.alias - Gives a person permissions to add aliases to IW - commands.
    IslandWorldAPI.add.prefix - Gives a person permissions to add the prefixes to the chat.

Idea for Config:
    [​IMG]

When should the plugin be done:
    For me anything between 1 / 2 months would be fine. If faster i would really appreciate it.

Links to the API info:
    IslandWorld: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/islandworld
    API PAGES: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/islandworld/pages/api
    API INFO: http://rzuc.pl/islandworld.pl/

I also quick wanna give some credits to the creator of the IslandWorld plugin: Gnacik

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@UnmemorableJakka DynamicAliases can handle the changed commands without needing an api.
    Placeholderapi is probably worth a shot, might have support already, if not: could take a look at it. No promises though.

3. Already have placeholder API on my server and it doesnt fixes the problem. But i will report the command section :)

Lol didnt know why i didnt reply before but i have changed the post a bit now so it matches what arent possible so far :) (i have spent so many hours looking for it but there is nothing and the people who uses the things from the api have costum plugins)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  4. Offline

@UnmemorableJakka Have you asked the original developer to add these features already?

5. Not yet! But thanks for mentioning i will ask him too! :D or just link him to here :p

6. Offline

He has more knowledge about it and has the source for it, makes it easier :p

7. Well i can only agree! I linked it to him but if other developers have the knowledge / time creating this plugin would be amazing! :)

*bump*

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.