A plugin that saves everything typed into Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by StephenB, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

StephenB

My problem is, I want to be able to see what everyone typed in the server when I am away so I can check if my mods/admins are giving players items they're not allowed.

Is there a plugin that saves all the chat and commands used into a file that is saved as a text file (or similar)?

If you can help Thanks!

also, my server is hosted by a company so I don't have access to the server log (just incase you were going to say that it does what I'm asking(if it does)).

2. Offline

Zaros

There are a lot of plugins that do that. I use log block which logs blocks, commands, chats, deaths, etc.

Mitsugaru likes this.
  3. Offline

FearGrump

What company doesnt give you access to your files?

4. Offline

StephenB

I use Redstonehost, I didn't have access to my server.log originally, I asked them to let me have access and I now have my server.log but it automatically deletes itself randomly, so I can only use it to check for errors on server start up before it gets deleted.

I use logblock as well, how do you get the chat log files? Thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  5. Offline

FearGrump

Sorry but redstonehost has horrible support. They dont care about their customers. It feels like all their messages are pre written and they just copy and paste the messages. If you want a good host, go to beastnode. They actually care about you. These guys care so much that they are willing to sponsor us.

6. Offline

StephenB

I have noticed Redstonehost's support is lacking but they have helped me before.

The main reason I chose them was for there prices. They have got very good deals.

7. Offline

Nathan C

If you are so concerned about support, then NFOservers is the best you can get for that.

8. Offline

Zaros

NFOservers is awesome! I use them and I've never had downtime I didn't know about a week in advance. They also helped me with a few OS issues I had.

9. Offline

dxwarlock

same here love nfoservers..no weird "you cant see or edit this file" issues like I had with redstone, and between my maky tickets (java versioning, accessing website from server folder) I NEVER had a ticket that wasn't answered in under 10 minutes at NFOservers.

redstone is cheaper than the rest, but you get what you pay for, I found that out with them the month I used them.

if a host wont allow you access to the ONE file you need most as a admin to see whats going on, move hosts ;P

10. Offline

ZachBora

11. Offline

Lolmewn

I use it aswell. Go to your McMyAdmin page, check if there's a rotate log file in the scheduler. If there is, remove it. This deletes the log file every time it restarts.

12. Offline

FearGrump

But do you know the reason why redstone host is cheap correct? For them to provide you with cheap prices and for them to make any money out of what they do, they have to overload a server machine with more vps that it is suppose to hold. If they were not to do that, they would not be making a profit. I had a long chat with the owners of beast node. I been with them since may. I'm sure they wouldn't lie to bluntly to my face.

13. Offline

StephenB

I had removed that ages ago but it still does the same :( thanks anyway!

This is exactly what I wanted Thanks!
    Yeah but I'm on a tight budget so will make do for now. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.